Doubles?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Do you have doubles and if so why don't you sell them?

I have quite a few as I can not resist in buying a double or treble etc of a record if I know it is cheap and in great condition. I also have doubles from buying collections which I am slowly getting rid of.

Also do you have sealed records?

I do and I frequently ask why.....I've got records which never get played so what's the point?

S

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004

I have quite a few as I can not resist in buying a double or treble etc of a record if I know it is cheap and in great condition. I also have doubles from buying collections which I am slowly getting rid of.

I do and I frequently ask why.....I've got records which never get played so what's the point?

S

Got probably 20+ doubles..

The reasons I mainly aint sold em are:

1. Im a lazy git - genuine reason:$
2. I like more than one track/mix so it gives me the option to mix them into each other. phones:
3. Double track the same mix :cool:
4. On the odd rare un Iv picked up one thats in a lot better condition ans as long as my previous one plays ok Ill just leave the decent one.
5. In the past maybe had em to swap but as Im not buyin much and many others dont seem to be thats not the case these days:|

I have gave a good few away for free in the past... sure one or two members can validate (Im not alone here - many members have done this:king:).

Iv got a few sealed but not many..if I havent got the record Im going to be the one to takes its virginity:gigolo:

A few years back I got a sealed copy of Zhana, did seem a shame to open it in some respect but it just had to go on the decks...too good a tune:love: (Id happily buy another copy too cos of the mixes pella - see point 2.)

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
doubles are an essential if it's a well used tune and your a dj
trebles are an acceptable part of our condition but would be deemed too much for the blue collar joe
quadruples are for the truely obbscessed and clinically insane beat freak
Quintdiddlets are for Carl Cox only...and that's the law.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Got quite a few doubles and triples, some quads and the odd Pentuple too. Some records are sealed, mainly from the hip hop days when I thought i'd like to get more into turntablism beat juggling.

Like Siman, I couldn't pass up a bargain if I saw a record I loved on the cheap (even if I already owned it), but also with my favourite records, I wanted copies in case I scratched or damaged one or more as I have done from time to time.

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Got quite a few doubles and triples, some quads and the odd Pentuple too. Some records are sealed, mainly from the hip hop days when I thought i'd like to get more into turntablism beat juggling.

Like Siman, I couldn't pass up a bargain if I saw a record I loved on the cheap (even if I already owned it), but also with my favourite records, I wanted copies in case I scratched or damaged one or more as I have done from time to time.

Nothing to do with your hoarding antics ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I watched a programme about hoarding a while back and the next day I threw out 5 bin bags full of clothes, so i'm getting better:thumbsup: :D

dodgymix

S

:$:$:$

Err ermm erm ye one or two hundreds

I like double tracking records (after hearing nipper do it with stuff like playing with knives and young mc)

Doesn't really explain my trebles or quadruples or the ones above that

Doesn't it count if I've got the Italian release. The Uk release and the US release... I could probably go another hundred lol

Personally If I see a tune I love and it's cheap I'll buy it