From chatting to old members at Woody's bash last night...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Seems there's still a lot of interest in keeping the site alive, but, the catch is, unless you post instead of just reading the topics, then it's going to be left to just a handful of enthusiasts.

In the old days, the post count to reader ratio was usually between 8 and 10-1 because a good portion of the readers actively took part in discussions, now it's probably more like 100 readers for ever 1 post in quiet spells and 50-1 at more active times.

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
sounds like my threads that, always getting ignored :cry:

I find it a lot easier to post nowadays since the cliqueiness dissapeared... there are still some good posts flying around :thumbsup:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
If OSA was a facebook app and was totally incorperated into your fb page it would be very busy all the time...people who want to interact socially are the people who tune in and chat in shout boxes but for some reason now, they all need to plot up and be selective about who gets to read what about who,is there is some kind of stigma about being in the site shoutbox or sumink? I'm not some lurking thread pervert who just monks up untill the right face comes along to take his dirty load...unlike Reet and Ivan who are the worst for that sort of thing.
Axe auto and reduce the amount of old school available for free when off air... actively encourage all old schoolisms like "gellin" and being"safe" ... all OSA dj's to get a webcam and wear Fila rave boots...save old school and ban the fkng whale...don't even get me started about the "Bigun from Wigun" :moonie:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
The site was more active before the radio started here though. The radio shoutbox just took away some of the posters from the forum bit (the ones who used to leave posts for others to read later), to becoming an instant chat site that you had to be around to see or get involved in, as blink and you'd miss it.

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
it's a no brainer then..a return to form... 1- sack the radio chatbox and encourage the OSA facebook crew to lock in more through affiliation??? not my thing but am sure it could be intergrated more than it is at the mo. 2- A pole to suggest any revamping/renaming of current thread options for the peeps who use it/would use it more often.

My daughter is propper on the pulse...she is hanging on soundcloud ..which is fast becoming the one ALL the kids are using. I am going to revamp my soundcloud and upload a weekly podcast...see whats what. I have been using soundcloud for years but I'm going to get an organized régime of reaching a global audience through soundclouds already excellent network of fan clubs etc.

Last edited:

reetdad

VIP Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
legends
I just wont to hear Barry Jay and shooms that's all please and anyone else who has the free time to play would be bonus, anyways jiggy poo you have a sunday slot that you forgot about lol

get you jiggy ass on the radio and stop chewing bricks :moonie:

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
where does old school live on then?

I know there's loads of oldskool nights on out there but if like me your not going out much at the mo then oldskool has to live on on this site... This site should play all forms of oldskool, deep house thru to hardcore techno. It was only ever about the music for me anyway so all the peace and unity stuff can fade although we should all be kind to our fellow man... Respect is the key, just keep your cat out of my flower bed or I'll poison the fucking thing.

Can't see any changes happening to the website, takes dosh and the guy in charge ain't got time no more.

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
When OSA started it was the social media channel of the scene , a community in it's own right.
Now things have moved on and people connect in so many different ways through facebook, twitter etc etc.
The social media of today makes nights, dj's music etc so much more accessible on a wider scale that it's hard to keep BB's going these days.

That said there's no reason why OSA can't thrive , it just needs unique aspects and content that people can't find elsewhere ..

Book them and they shall come !!

:cool:

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
there's loads of members on here... don't see what the problem is... look at them all with their original usernames :thumbsup:

members.JPG

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
UCK SAKE!:mad:

In true Sirius style, I tried to post a long winded message, clicked submit and it was lost to zeros and ones. I then thought i'd better have another go, probably more long winded and that too is gone for good. Reminds me of the good old days here and poor Sirius, as he must have lost enough text to fill a library:p

Anyway, maybe next time i'll remember to keep myself logged in:condom:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Long and short of it was Reet, too busy usually mate, but thanks.

Perks, you're well off the mark mate. I love the radio, I love the chatbox, but too many people have said it's cliquey. It's probably been used by less than 20% of the old days big posters too, so it wasn't the thing for everyone. Maybe a bit too intimidating for some.