trax remastering

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Trax Repressings!!

Bod, I need a button which confirms I hate this post.........

Whats the point in having collected a load of Trax stuff for it to be released without the pops crackles and character which makes Trax and some other circa 88-90 Chicago releases pressed through Larry Sherman so poor. The earlier 84-87 releases are generally fine especially if on the black or coloured labels, red labels are the wrongens.

S

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Only a good thing in my opinion...will defo buy it.

Iv had original legit wavs n still buy vinyl... I can appreciate it can devalue your collection but there is better thing to invest in than vinyl:)

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Don't care about the values, what I hate is the short cut to ownership. I know this began with CDJ's and copy cd's and became much much worse with the intersmeg however I like having records which are rare, hard to get and therefore a little special. Trax are about 10 years late with this, FFRR did their 10 years series....have every one of them sealed....was a very bad investment as not worth anything now!!

Some of my favourite records are sub £1 but have great memories.

Which label next......Mitchball?

BTW records are a very poor financial investment I agree, dying technology only of interest to weirdos like me!

S

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
It's worth it for the 100 page book and excellent sound quality, these guys know their shit with mastering - I'm probably the fussiest fucker on this forum when it comes to sound and I don't think anyone could have done a better job with this, even on CD the tracks sound so warm and rich just like playing off vinyl but without the crackles pops and bits of labels floating about which Trax were always notorious for.

Great investment just to stick a CD on at random and listen whilst you are doing something is great :thumbsup:

10/10 can't fault it.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I have a love hate relationship with mastered classics of any genre. Mastering can really piss me off if it changes the sound or dynamics of something that I already love, such as Pink Floyd's albums, but I guess with stuff i've never had the original of then i'm unlikely to know that i'm not getting the best quality copy.

If these guys can please Scott though, then I might be interested in giving this series a listen :thumbsup:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Don't care about the values, what I hate is the short cut to ownership. I know this began with CDJ's and copy cd's and became much much worse with the intersmeg however I like having records which are rare, hard to get and therefore a little special. Trax are about 10 years late with this, FFRR did their 10 years series....have every one of them sealed....was a very bad investment as not worth anything now!!

Some of my favourite records are sub £1 but have great memories.

Which label next......Mitchball?

BTW records are a very poor financial investment I agree, dying technology only of interest to weirdos like me!

S
They defiantly are a bad investment. You pay say for instance £1.00 then 3.95 for postage, your lost money straight away. But I guess am not going to sell mine on, so am not out of pocket.
But if you live in a place were you have a good record store that stocks loads of old skool then your not out of pocket, But collecting is not about making a profit, it like you said its about the memories behind the records and for me, wanting to own that record that your Super Star DJ Played. ;) I have plenty of mp3's on my computer most in wav format and yes the sound quality is very good, but nothing beats the sound of 2 records beat matching together. Hence why I own decks over cdjs. You just can't recreate how crisp it sounds.
I don't think vinyl will die, as it is a far more effective way to scratch with, than using a CDJ. I don't scratch, I don't know if you have ever scratched from a CDJ but it sounds shite. I buy most of my remastered from juno and have had no issue with quality of sound and their's another downside to digital downloading, your limited to what you can get, and your not with records, that's another plus to records. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
and their's another downside to digital downloading, your limited to what you can get, and your not with records, that's another plus to records. :thumbsup:

With regards to new music, I think you are actually more limited when buying vinyl. Or you can buy vinyl LPs with 10 tracks on them, but then the digital release has 25 on it. Some labels, of course, remain vinyl only, but many realise that the quickest & cheapest way to get their product out there is via download & the savings are then passed on in a reduced download price.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
With regards to new music, I think you are actually more limited when buying vinyl. Or you can buy vinyl LPs with 10 tracks on them, but then the digital release has 25 on it. Some labels, of course, remain vinyl only, but many realise that the quickest & cheapest way to get their product out there is via download & the savings are then passed on in a reduced download price.
I was talking about 94 to say though to 2000 Stuff, most of it has not been released on mp3, say on beat port and Juno, I have about 550 mp3's and I was finding it very hard to source new stuff from 95 to 2000 and the really really good stuff is only on vinyl. Unless you know of a web site please share. :thumbsup: am not interested in any of the new stuff unless it is a remix of a old song. I don't mine new hard house as it still sound the same as the old stuff. But the new house music has taken a total new direction. What I really not a fan of.