melody house

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
Agreed melody house is expensive when it comes to the rare stuff they have around the place , mainly old italian zone classics .

They also have loads of other stuff , ex dj collections , new stuff etc etc which aint that badly priced at all .

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
You muzt Rezizt!!!. Thats what I tell myself when i go there, look but dont touch :). Hell, I look, laugh inanely, cry at having them in my grasp, then go again to cry in privacy.

I mean, 15+ quid for the 96 remixes of Love Decade! (not that I wanted it) and thats a cheap one.
There was a few very tasty tunes when I went last, but obviously they are the 'real' rare ones I have searched long and hard for, however, I was not going to pay over 60 quid for a slab of plastic, even if Jesus had made it himself.

See ya

Sirius.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
id pay over the odds for a tune if i wanted it that much i mean these tunes were made in like 90-95 we no longer live in them years and so like n e thin in life if u cant get summet no more the value goes up n up. if i didnt play places like i do then nah id think sod that i aint payin £50 for 1 tune but droppin 1 of them said tunes to hundreds of people and seein there heads fall off thee shoulders well for me it makes it totally worth it. i dont blame melody house for gettin what they can for a tune if i could sell a peice of fluff to sum 1 for a fiver or 250 quid i know what id do. its not like there forcin ya to buy em now is it

my opinion n e ways

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
thats always been my opinion if you really want a tune then buy it.if i was like butty i wouldnt think twice about paying over the odds for a tune like he said espcially the buzz of playing to a packed dancefloor.

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
its in blackpool,they own the name to zone so they cash in on the big zone tunes.ive only been once nice big shop.they have always been connected to zone

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
i read they bought the trademark (name) to zone.

i read it on hear somewhere.someone was saying they should start there own nights because of maximes music policy to zone

i could be wrong

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
melody house do do there own nights (well i know of one anyway )in halifax and its called "melody house promotions vesus alive" from what i can gather the trade mark zone is owned by 3 peeps one of which being the guy from melody house and the other 2 being debby d & andy d , (i think)

zonecrew

Sep 1, 2001
Workington
I can remember going to the shop in the mid 90's and paying cost price for all the Italian stuff, there would be loads of people in the shop listining to the choons, it was a real hive of the old skool community.

I'm not sure if Melody House still do this but they once sent me a complete list of all the second hand Italian choons that they had in stock so i could purchase via mail order, living in Cumbria this helped loads lol

There was some choons that were selling for 100 nicker:eek:

On a different note, does anyone know if the tapes or CD for the 11th Birthday Party is out yet?

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
zonecrew said:

On a different note, does anyone know if the tapes or CD for the 11th Birthday Party is out yet?

not sure mate but last time i spoke 2 andy he said that they got a video done of it n all so i rekon theyl prolly release em all at the same time - il ask andy to post it in the tapes/cd sales bit on the forum when it is buddy

BRADDY

Nov 22, 2001
PRESTON / Ashton
got back from MH. with a nice little number.
G and VJ - Gonna Get The Boy (pianoman remix).

saw my altime fav Daisydee - headbone connected.
£60, i had to turn away and cry
:cry:
im on the verge of ringing up and buying it
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:fekked: :naughty: :confused: :crazy: