Best computer for me?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Right looking into the replacement of the monster being my Dell XPS720 H2O tower computer. The computer is fine however it runs at 1000w which is huge especially when considering it is running quite a lot of the time if im working from home. Im also only using a fraction of what it can do....I don't play games so why do I need 2x graphics cards etc?

I have had Dell machines for years and tend to trust them however im going to invest in a couple of external HD's too in order to back up music files (1000's of them too)

I currently have 2TB of HD's I would like to swap over and a 128GB SDD for OS etc. I also have a X Fi Titanium for recording so will need space for that.

Was looking at Dell XPS 8500, any feedback on these, alternatives?

Thanks

S the technology idiot!

jerrien1988

Aug 12, 2013
www.playdatejunction.in
Right looking into the replacement of the monster being my Dell XPS720 H2O tower computer. The computer is fine however it runs at 1000w which is huge especially when considering it is running quite a lot of the time if im working from home. Im also only using a fraction of what it can do....I don't play games so why do I need 2x graphics cards etc?

I have had Dell machines for years and tend to trust them however im going to invest in a couple of external HD's too in order to back up music files (1000's of them too)

I currently have 2TB of HD's I would like to swap over and a 128GB SDD for OS etc. I also have a X Fi Titanium for recording so will need space for that.

Was looking at Dell XPS 8500, any feedback on these, alternatives?

Thanks

S the technology idiot!

it is a very great and awesome computer for you and your choice is very best and you also will bee seem this from this points:-

The good: The Dell XPS 8500 moves to Intel's new third-generation Core i7 CPUs and features fast boot times and file access thanks to an onboard solid-state drive.
The bad: With limited ability to tweak this configuration, you're forced to choose an expensive SSD that throws off this PC's price-performance equation.
The bottom line: Dell makes a game effort to set the XPS 8500 apart from other performance PCs, but it overshoots with a pricey SSD, making the price hard to justify given this system's average overall performance.

This $1,999 XPS 8500 embodies a familiar problem for Dell. It wants to perpetuate its high-end desktop range, but its mainstream configurations keep it from offering good performance value. Dell does make effective use of a fast storage access technology from Intel in this PC. A fat 3TB hard drive may also hold appeal. Those features are welcome, but too many PCs from smaller, speed-oriented vendors surpass the XPS 8500 in application and gaming performance. If you agree that raw horsepower is the primary reason for the continued existence of expensive midtower desktops, it's hard to recommend the XPS 8500 over its competition.

Dell has used the XPS 8000-series tower design since 2009. It continues to offer a clean, unique look, although Dell has streamlined this newest model. Where previously Dell hid the front-panel USB and audio ports behind a finicky plastic cover, now the USB ports simply sit, uncovered, on the front of the unit. They're a minor disruption to the XPS 8500's aesthetics, but the benefit of easier access makes up for it.

adamz

Aug 28, 2012
W-wa
Sorry for interupting Your thread siman. I know nothing about computers. Just wanted to say:
WELCOME TO THE FORUM JERRIEN1998 MAN !!
ok. i shhhhhhh now.....
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: