Virginity Beats

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
This is my first lash at Reason 2.5. My mate gave me a copy years ago so thought i'd give it a whirl.
Learning the basics is proving to be fun. It's in-depth but also quite user friendly once you know which direction you are off in. It took me ages to work the sequencer out but am getting there. This is really just loops and sounds arranged into an order.

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
I wrote...attempted to write stuff for years..trying to hit that new sound that no one else had...TBH I had more fun just slappin remixes together and playing outrageous sample fests than anything else...I got a copy of Ableton now..looks the nutts...got a heap of synths etc to go with it...lol..it's just that everytime I even think about it, I get "dink, donk, donk, donk, donk" syndrome from years of Cubase...If you want some innovative ideas Sam, try and fuse a couple of styles together...it will not all be good but what u do write will be more original than chasing a pre formated idea...I can prob hook you up with some nice software as well mate.
Good on yer fella, nurture that musical talent...it's a skill that has Universal meaning and you need to let it fly my friend...don't just think outside the box...think outside all worldly constraints...Imagine Monday Club on a different planet.....Blunday Club \o/