Glastonbury

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Really looking forward to this,never been before so hoping it doesnt rain.Looking forward to the Stones and mumford and sons and our very own greg wilson is djing there,should be good,anyone going.?

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
I been a couple times before..looks a lot diff now to what it used to be, you'll have a fkn ball mate although you'll get propper fed up of paying £10 for a coke thats warm and no mark...so take a shed load of supplies with mate...a gas ring and a bag of London Grill...you have fanny dripping off you all weekend bro..hahahaha...don't forget your toothbrush...and deffo , deffo, deffo...don't pitch up down wind of the toilets.
Last time I went I saw...Rolf Harris on stage with the Black Crows, Orb, Stereo Mc's..fk me thats how long ago it was..93...shiiit thats 20 years...bit out of touch on the subject really...stay away from Michael Eavis...he'll try and touch your willy.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I wish I was Kev, more so once I found out the Stones were playing.

The walk from the carpark (or when I went - coach park) to the campsites is extra long. I reckon we walked at least a mile to get to the camping spot that the lads preferred (over the years they'd been before) near the Pyramid stage and if you're carrying a lot of stuff then i'd definitely get a trolley with big wheels, but that you can hide in your tent, as it will go missing if you leave it out as pretty much anything will. It is a lot more expensive than home grown festivals. I spent over £700 the year The Who played there, buying just drinks and food (I think), but the campfires and free wood (that you can also build benches out of), the size of the place with all it's magical places really makes for an amazing atmosphere, especially if it isn't 6'' deep in mud (I shit you not, it was that deep along many of the most popular routes that people walked along). Don't camp near any gullies and try to camp uphill. The last thing you'd want is water running through your tent or the whole thing submerged. Check out the checklist on the Glasto site too for what to take with you. Bog roll, wet wipes, paracetamol, a decent jacket etc can prove invaluable when you most need them. You don't wanna be wearing your best clothes in the toilets after a shitty day there either.
You'll have a brilliant time mate and I am jealous :thumbsup:

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Well finally done one thing that i always wanted to and it was ok.A bit too many hippies for my liking but was expecting it,would i go again, no, but would advise anyone whos not been before to check it out before you die.Highlight for me was the artic monkeys,really enjoyed them,never really listened to alot of their stuff but was surprised how good they were,and we had a cracking view.

Didnt really feel the stones as we were so far away and to be honest i thought mick had a live shit voice,couldnt get into them even though i own stones records and it was the reason i wanted to go.Will post some pics up when i get round to it.

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Just a persy note but...too many young, greenstick festy heads for me...I used to like living in a ditch with a gut full of rot for the week, sadly those days of freedom went a long long time ago, you used to be able to tag onto the "convoy" and have a propper good time before and after but now it's a done deal all wrapped up neat and tidy with security and the trappings of modern club world...it was considered by most to be the end of it all in 92!!!...but you can't argue with the line ups and artistic input of those fekkin hippies, never trust a hippy unless your trying very hard to dodge soap.

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
heh heh, miserable cnuts :thumbsup:

I enjoyed watching it on the tele box... the only way you'd get me slumming it is if Eavis offered me his spare room or Kate Moss let me share her shangri la, whatever that is :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I didn't really get much out of it from the tv in all honesty. There's no substitute for being there in the flesh and taking in the much bigger picture than merely watching a few key artists that you can mostly see anywhere (Stones excepted). The music can be almost secondary if you get absorbed into something a bit out of the ordinary happening randomly somewhere and Glasto without the hippies wouldn't be festival worth going to for me.

I can appreciate that you were there at a special time Dave. I'd love to be able to go back and see it back then :cool: It felt special to me when I was there 6 years back, but maybe that's because I went with a few veterans and saw a different side than what I was expecting. I pretty much ignored the schedule apart from 1 or 2 acts I had to see and ended up in some amazing places and met some top people, then pretty much blacked out from the strong cider and woke up in my tent the next day to do it all again:D