OSA vs RP

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Right...who's up for a battle against the boys and girls over the water on Raversparadise?
I would suggest maybe one battle per night, 1 hour each...2 from each side per event.
ie- Monday (as it's Sam and my reg night) surface2air 6-7, myself 7-8 / two bummers from RP...like Olli and Loftgroover..lololol \0/.
We could do that throughout the week...1 week on OSA and then an away game at Raversparadise for a week....or 1 big mashup here and another there???????

Monday Club 1st July.
surface2air & djperkins vs DJ Ollie and Neil

Last edited:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
WOW... man..30 sumthin views and not one reply...fk it then...Im organising it for some RP boys to play over here with me...and if no-one want s to know then so be it. Shelleys on Tour...me...wherever I am and whomever Im hanging with...bring on the old school, let the fun and games commence.

Howy

Feb 22, 2012
Southport
Probably because RP djs not in the same league as OSA, . . . . . Do you think Man united would turn out to play your local pub team?:)

adamz

Aug 28, 2012
W-wa
This is total nonsense Howy and u know that. It's all about the music first of all and OSA alongside with RP are just two internet web communities with one thing that connects us all - old skool tunes. If we were in this top league, i think there would be bit more listeners in our radio donchu think.

I think it's awesome idea that PK. We should deffo try that because it can give us and them lot of opportunities and most of all FUCKING FUN!!!
Isnt this the reason why we're all here?!?

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
i didn't think it would be a case of the RP dj's playing on osa, more like the dj's stay on their own turf but the listeners flip between the stations.

i mentioned in the shouty that i think it'd also be better with 30 minute sets so 4 dj's could be heard within 2 hours. which is probably the attention span for this sort of thing. also means the selectors are under pressure to cram as much tune-age into the time allocated. this can only be a good thing for the listeners too. no 15 minute sasha style blends to bore us to death. :naughty:

just one thought...are the guys who cross borders (ie. perks, adz, ollie) gonna represent both teams or choose one station? :S

looking forward to the music and at the end of each battle we can meet up for virtual beers at the osa pub and slag off the other side. lol :moonie:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
^^^ No..Dj's have gotta join both sites and play a home and an away game...it's just diff settings in the simplecast encoders page.
30 mins each is deffo about right tho...It's not just me who plays on RP...Adz, Benny Digital, Jonathan1990 are all regulars over there...no one seems to get on FINKs back about here or there...to be frank..if you have some kind of hang up over which site to commit to...you need to check yo'self and maybe stop taking sides...this aint about teams and winning etc..this is about unity, respect, one love for music and friendship....also, lets face it for the majority of the time OSA radio is on AUTO, so any live action is gotta be good.

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
just one thought...are the guys who cross borders (ie. perks, adz, ollie) gonna represent both teams or choose one station? :S

if you have some kind of hang up over which site to commit to...you need to check yo'self and maybe stop taking sides...this aint about teams and winning etc.

chill winston. :mexican:

what i meant was are the dj's who are on both stations going to play on both stations cos RP seems to favour slightly faster music. that way you could battle adz, benny could battle ollie, etc.

interesting times ahead. :cool:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
yeah yeah...man..lolol...chillin Bobby Dillin all day long mate..typing is so impersonal..Im not on ur case at all mate..fk me no chap..gaylord...was attempting to answer all replies...tbh...lol..and I honestly mean this...I couldn't give a fuck what or who plays when or how..hahahaha...I was there from 89 onwards havin a ball, I got a fkn huge collection of vinyl and decks and can play where I like...cos Im a fkn nice bloke with the right attitude..hahahah...just tryin to do sumthin..not stagnate with the same old stuff...BT are round tmoz...so Ill be a webcaming it from now on..that should at least be amusing to watch.

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
I'll do my bit for OSA:cool:

Well done djp for the idea..should be fun.

Sort the format out and pencil in some dates:thumbsup:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Me and Sam are having a bash with Olli and Neil from RP the Monday after next...1 July...30 mins each to blast as much godd damm tunage down the airwaves as poss. I'll anounce a few times to makes sure we get a good turn out

Deaksy

Jan 11, 2013
It would seem that I have been dragged into this mondays event playing for RP but i could do with with some log in deets and a note to you osa ladies youll have to leave your handbags at home :mad:

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
1st of July then? what do I have to do...? turn up and play 30mins of tunes?
On here and then an away day? Sounds like a laugh, will dig out some beasts :thumbsup:

olliewf1

Nov 9, 2009
rp v osa

thought it was 24th june me and deaksy v sam and dave perkins......then 1st july 2 more djs from rp v 2 djs of osa ? thats what we thought...can someone let me know asap plz ...thx

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
check the OP matey..1st was the date in mind...but may be off due to my mixer breaking and needing to be repaired/renewed..2 minths old so hope will get a new one straight away...also still needs to approved by a moderator cos we cant give out the radio details mate...stay tuned.:thumbsup: