Best end of the night tune ????

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
For me it has to be The Bassheads - Anybody Out There. I remember that getting played for the first time at the end of the night in Summer 91 in Sequins Blackpool. The club nearly fell to the ground as the place was rocking so much! Lots of people were going on about the tune as they left the club. Great memories...!:thumbsup:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Your all lightweights...last tune is the worst tune...:thumbsup:

Ester B...The Pleasure Of The Music Total and utter max respect to Dave Seaman and Dave Ralph...this tune rocked out many a Friday night at Shelleys...turned up wayyy too loud for the car park crew, falling over cos me ears can't handle it...hahahaha...then barfing purple foam from too much fruit juice and too many tiddlers.

Rich-M

Mar 7, 2013
Camblesforth
Your all lightweights...last tune is the worst tune...:thumbsup:

Ester B...The Pleasure Of The Music Total and utter max respect to Dave Seaman and Dave Ralph...this tune rocked out many a Friday night at Shelleys...turned up wayyy too loud for the car park crew, falling over cos me ears can't handle it...hahahaha...then barfing purple foam from too much fruit juice and too many tiddlers.

Ester B top tune :thumbsup:

Just pulled it out and played it a few times not heard it for yonks.........

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Playing it as well man \o/...such a good tune, I can remember it being really loud and distorting...sounding like it was going through a wah wah pedal or a flanger...i didn't know what tune it was until years after...it was always the "mwahone mwah mwah wwahhmwah" then when I heard it...boom..the connection was made..lol.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Espiral - Dunne always seemed to be the last tune played at Bowlers in 92. Well it always seemed to be that or With It Guys - Get Crazy, which is why I remember them so well as they were both played as the last tune probably a millions times each.

Expose - Tell Me Why was played (straight after a speech) to celebrate Revenge at Wigan Piers 1st birthday party and Guru Josh's Freaky Dreamer was played regularly by Malc there after a slight pause, which always rocked my world. Zoe's - Sunshine on a Rainy Day ended the club regularly there in 91, which seemed to help most people speedily leave the club.

Ever since buying this record about 15 years ago i've thought it'd be a great last tune, but probably not in a house music club ;) Still, I love it and i'll play it for the last tune one of these days :p