Just Back from Disco Hell

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Stanton

VIP Silver Member
Feb 20, 2013
Doncaster
Family wedding at the weekend and the evening do was hard to endure. Typical wedding disco DJ, the likes of whom were shite 30 years ago and who is still playing the same tunes. More fucking cheese than Dairylea, I don't think he played a single tune more recent than mid-80s. All the usual interminable dross - Abba, Queen etc.. Plus microphone 'chat' :rolleyes:. 5 hours of the fucker to sit through, and being close to the bride we couldn't cut and run after a decent interval, we had to grin and bear it to the bitter end.

Long time since I've been to a wedding and I'd forgotten just how grim the evening do can be. It was like being taken back in time to the early 1980's (I wasn't a fan then and I'm not a fan now). 'Hang the DJ' doesn't even come close to describing my feelings.

Anyone else had to endure a Wedding DJ recently? I share your pain :crazy:.

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
I've dj'd a few weddings now, it's not my job nor do I profess to having my own business but I pride myself on being the polar opposite to what you have just described.

I've been to peoples wedding receptions when DJ shite has been begging people to get up and dance and coaxing them with agadoo or the birdy song etc...

There is loads of great music they could play as we all know. Here are a few of my favs from various genres.

1. My Sharona - The Knack
2. Rock the Casbah - The Clash
3. Unbelievable - EMF
4. Scooby Snacks - Fun Lovin Criminals
5. Ride on Time - Blackbox
6. En Vogue - My Lovin
7. Hey Dude - Kula Shaker
8. Rocks - Primal Scream
9. Place Your Hands - Reef
10. If Everybody Looked the same - Groove Armada

There's loads, and obvs all the 80's and 90's goodies we all know and love to hate :thumbsup:
The geezer that did my wedding was fine, played what I asked and if he strayed or got his mic out I just had to say, "ere mate... cut it out"

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
Family wedding at the weekend and the evening do was hard to endure. Typical wedding disco DJ, the likes of whom were shite 30 years ago and who is still playing the same tunes. More fucking cheese than Dairylea, I don't think he played a single tune more recent than mid-80s. All the usual interminable dross - Abba, Queen etc.. Plus microphone 'chat' :rolleyes:. 5 hours of the fucker to sit through, and being close to the bride we couldn't cut and run after a decent interval, we had to grin and bear it to the bitter end.

Long time since I've been to a wedding and I'd forgotten just how grim the evening do can be. It was like being taken back in time to the early 1980's (I wasn't a fan then and I'm not a fan now). 'Hang the DJ' doesn't even come close to describing my feelings.

...but other than that, a great night? ;)

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
last wedding i went to the dj was under strict instructions to only play soul and r&b, not my personal cup of tea but better than slade and abba lol ;)