Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Produced by Davos T Funk and Barrie Jay

Mastered by Paul Roberts (K-Klass)

Our tribute to nineties italo piano house.

For those that don`t know this was initially produced back in 2010 by yours truly and my mate Dave ( aka Davos Live) and I got one copy pressed to play at Retro-Trax when they visited my home town on 8th October 2010. The aim was to fool my friends that it was a genuine italo house tune. It fooled a lot but I coudn`t keep a secret so word soon got out. I have played it out a few times since but we have had the original Retro-Trax Club mix remixed and re-mastered and produced a Jenks Club remix that was first played at Jenks, Blackpool on the 2nd March 2013. All have been mastered by Paul Roberts (K-Klass)

If it gets a decent reaction we may look into getting sample clearance to get it released.

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
If it gets a decent reaction we may look into getting sample clearance to get it released.

unless you're gonna sell it digitally through a legitimate site, mate, i wouldn't bother getting sample clearance. you'd be better off doing a limited vinyl run of 250-300 and shifting them quickly.

some of the u.k.'s better known vinyl emporiums sell disco/proto house/disco not disco/boogie/cosmic bootlegs all day long but advertise them as "warehouse find" or "limited repress", with scanned labels to make them look original*. they're mp3 copies on vinyl and you can tell. they don't get shafted and they're doing it constantly. no music publisher is gonna waste time tracking you down for a here today gone tomorrow record.

i'll have one, btw.

*pisses me right off because i spend a lot of time diggin' for the originals. :mad: