DJ IZOH...dmc champ 2012...slated by the old school mob, what do youlot think?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
sorry i lost interest half way thru, personally i'd rather see someone that can incorporate these skills into a set full of decent tunes instead of seeing who's the best at dicking about with serato.

just a personal opinion, clearly he's very talented but after a while i just couldn't listen to any more.... :thumbsup:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
I think it somehow gives me peace of mind and satisfaction, to know that it has now...at long last...turned into something else, like the car...will always have 4 wheels and seats...but that's where the similarity ends.
I can now do my thing safe in the knowledge that I'm just an old bloke on a bus tapping a jazz rhythm on me shoe...but was a mover and groover when it all began...fk...I'm turning into Yoda...a new level in old schoolism!!!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Truly awful assault on the ears (in reply to original post) :|

It's a turntablist comp, not a DJ comp and as DJ Red Alert once said, he couldn't do all that shit, but he could make a crowd dance. He respected what they were doing though. For me at least, all the best turntablist routines are inventive, musical and roughly in key.

Gone are the days when every turntablist in the comp used the same Def Jam records and scratch samples and that's a really good thing. People like Noize with his story telling and Dexta with his weird music helped break the mould, but if this is the alternative then i'm glad I don't go watching the competition anymore.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Danny Breaks, aka Sonz Of A Loop Era/Droppin' Science isn't too shabby on the decks either :cool:

The scratching comes in late (after 3 minutes) but it's a great short interview from one of my favourite artists back in the day :thumbsup: