Tony Humphries @ Ministry Of Sound, London, May 1993 (Double Pack)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
A massive, massive double pack of the big man from the days when the Ministry was THE club in London, and pre commercial tosh. Been meaning to up this on here for a while.

This was recorded during Humphries' residency at The Ministry and is a classic example of what his style at this time was all about. One of my favourite mix tapes of all time this...

Can I ask that people don't stick this mix, or the scan of tape cover on Facebook please. If I wanted them to go on Facebook, I'd put them on there myself. Also do NOT sell this mix. Thanks.

Tape 1 Download:
https://mega.nz/file/4rh3jLKA#IVsa0Bz5IEDhLGmSLbkg3GBa7bBitQpvUcUgZe3c5pw

Tape 2 Download:
https://mega.nz/file/tn4QnYSD#v1aDCR4QKKwujyQ2oe5p290Nh2QLfWqLxIR7593nc6s

Enjoy folks... HV :thumbsup:

Here's a scan of the tape cover:

Tony Humphries - Ministry Of Sound 1993 Double Pack cover.jpg

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
On this too Henry... gald you said it was the club in London, we all know what THE club was ;)

really looking forward to this as i never got there when he was playing, always went to THE club instead ;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two incomparable clubs Andrews. Both sooo different - The Ministry, back then, represented the US sounds/vibe of NYC, Detroit and Chicago that Justin Berkmann wanted to re-create from his time in over in New York, in particular The Paradise Garage... and The Hac was 100% England :thumbsup:

MOS should have died a peaceful death before it became commercial and shite. I went from mid 1992 through to 1994 mainly. It was the best club I ever went to. And that was due to the music.

Last edited:
Two incomparable clubs Andrews. Both sooo different - The Ministry, back then, represented the US sounds/vibe of NYC, Detroit and Chicago that Justin Berkmann wanted to re-create from his time in over in New York, in particular The Paradise Garage... and The Hac was 100% England :thumbsup:

MOS should have died a peaceful death before it became commercial and shite. I went from mid 1992 through to 1994 mainly. It was the best club I ever went to. And that was due to the music.

It is a place I wish I had gone H.... a few times clubbers we met in the Hac would crash at our place and tell us what it was like... think there may have been similar approaches to attitude from what i recall... shame really but i guess once it became corporate it would be down hill..

Good job Wilson n co didn't have a corporate bone in their bodies or they would have know how not to run a club!!

top share ... listened to it this morning:D

roco595

Jan 15, 2010
thanks will have a listen later - the big fella is back in London on 2/3/13 & I'm going!

"MOS should have died a peaceful death before it became commercial and shite. I went from mid 1992 through to 1994 mainly. It was the best club I ever went to. And that was due to the music"

agree with that, I went most saturdays in the same period. it should have gone the same way as James Dean, in his prime a legend forever more!

kofiluca

Sep 7, 2008
Two incomparable clubs Andrews. Both sooo different - The Ministry, back then, represented the US sounds/vibe of NYC, Detroit and Chicago that Justin Berkmann wanted to re-create from his time in over in New York, in particular The Paradise Garage... and The Hac was 100% England :confused:

Gotta completely disagree with you on that point about the Hac mate. The Hac was completely influenced and modelled on the clubs of New York, in particular the Paradise Garage and Danceteria, from when New Order and Pickering, Wilson et al were clubbing there at the beginning of the 80s. The Hac always had a soundtrack that was first and foremost influenced by American music. MOS was certainly influenced by the Hac - there was no other club like it in the UK before then.

Incidentally I remember an interview with Graeme Park in the early 90s when he used to play the Ministry on a Friday night, he said the Ministry had a great soundsystem and shit atmosphere - too many people stood around posing with attitude - from my memory too many cokeheads (definitely on Fridays - not sure about Saturdays). Always a difference in the atmosphere's of many London clubs as compared to other clubs, in particular Northern clubs in the 90s IMO.

Thanks for sharing a great mix. :)

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Tape 1

1. Wall Of Sound 'Critical (If You Only Knew)' (Mood II Swing Slammin' Dub)
2. Wall Of Sound 'Critical (If You Only Knew)' (Club Mix) 2 copies
3. Neneh Cherry 'Buddy X' (Masters At Work 12" House Remix) 2 Copies
4. ??? - "i found it"?
5. ??? - "i found you"
6. Jaydee 'Plastic Dreams' (Groove Mix)
7. ???
8. D:Ream 'U R The Best Thing' (Mo Bass Part II)
9. Loni Clark 'Rushing' (Mood II Swing Dub)
10. Loni Clark 'Rushing' ..what mix?
11. ???
12. ??? - "how many lovers\others"
13. ??? - "higher" "jack to the track"
14. ??? - familiar african chants
15. Inner City‎ 'Good Life' ..1 of the 1993 Remixes? CJ?
16. The Sleepwalkers 'New Thang' ..what mix?
17. House Of Gypsies 'Don't Let It Go'
18. Janet Jackson 'That's The Way Love Goes' (CJ FXTC Dub)\(CJ's FXTC Bass Hit Dub)
19. Chubby Chunks 'Testament One'

Tape 2

20. Transformer 2‎ 'Just Can't Get Enough' (Extended Radio Mix)
21. ???
22. ??? - sounds like a mix of The Wildchild Experience 'Do What You Like' ..Vol 2 Remix?
23. ???
24. D:Ream 'U R The Best Thing' (Def Klub Mix)
25. Mr Monday 'Future'
26. Undercover 'Sha do' (Extended)
27. Cameo 'Money' (Reese Revamp Mix)
28. Psychotropic 'Hypnosis'
29. Whirlpool Productions 'Gimme' (Original Mix)
30. DJ Pierre's Doomsday Project 'Atom Bomb' (Doomsday Mix)
31. Whitney Houston 'I'm Every Woman' (Clivilles & Cole House Mix I)
32. Reese Project 'So Deep' (CJ Mackintosh FXTC Club Anthem)
33. Jaydee 'Plastic Dreams'
34. Shakespear's Sister‎ 'Black Sky' (Dub Extravaganza Part Two)
35. Supernature 'Friday People'

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Tape 1

1. Wall Of Sound 'Critical (If You Only Knew)' (Mood II Swing Slammin' Dub)
2. Wall Of Sound 'Critical (If You Only Knew)' (Club Mix) 2 copies
3. Neneh Cherry 'Buddy X' (Masters At Work 12" House Remix) 2 Copies
4. ??? - "i found it"?
5. ??? - "i found you"
6. Jaydee 'Plastic Dreams' (Groove Mix)
7. ???
8. D:Ream 'U R The Best Thing' (Mo Bass Part II)
9. Loni Clark 'Rushing' (Mood II Swing Dub)
10. Loni Clark 'Rushing' ..what mix?
11. ???
12. ??? - "how many lovers\others"
13. ??? - "higher" "jack to the track"
14. ??? - familiar african chants
15. Inner City‎ 'Good Life' ..1 of the 1993 Remixes? CJ?
16. The Sleepwalkers 'New Thang' ..what mix?
17. House Of Gypsies 'Don't Let It Go'
18. Janet Jackson 'That's The Way Love Goes' (CJ FXTC Dub)\(CJ's FXTC Bass Hit Dub)

Tape 2

20. Transformer 2‎ 'Just Can't Get Enough' (Extended Radio Mix)
21. ???
22. ??? - sounds like a mix of The Wildchild Experience 'Do What You Like' ..Vol 2 Remix?
23. ???
24. D:Ream 'U R The Best Thing' (Def Klub Mix)
25. Mr Monday 'Future'
26. Undercover 'Sha do' (Extended)
27. Cameo 'Money' (Reese Revamp Mix)
28. Psychotropic 'Hypnosis'
29. Whirlpool Productions 'Gimme' (Original Mix)
30. DJ Pierre's Doomsday Project 'Atom Bomb' (Doomsday Mix)
31. Whitney Houston 'I'm Every Woman' (Clivilles & Cole House Mix I)
32. Reese Project 'So Deep' (CJ Mackintosh FXTC Club Anthem)
33. Jaydee 'Plastic Dreams'
34. Shakespear's Sister‎ 'Black Sky' (Dub Extravaganza Part Two)
35. Supernature 'Friday People'

Cracking job Noel :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stanton

VIP Silver Member
Feb 20, 2013
Doncaster
Just a thought chaps but according to Discogs this is the tracky for a similar Tony Humphries MOS set from 1993. Do any of these give you a hint as to what the missing IDs might be on the set upped here?

01. Mother - All Funked Up (Mother's Pride Mix)
02. Brother Love Dubs - Ming's Incredible Disco Machine (Geeetaar & Peeeeeanno Mix)
03. Mr. Peach - Let's Dance (Original Peach Mix)
04. Roach Motel - Movin' On (Correct House Mix)
05. Club 69 - Take A ride (Extended Disco Mix)
06. Gabrielle - Dreams (Red Underground Mix)
07. The New Dance Republic - Take It To The Top (Epstein's Massive Bongo Mix)
08. X-Press 2 - London X-Press (The Journey Continues)
09. Shakespears Sister - Black Sky (Dub Extravaganza Part II)
10. The Seven Grand Housing Authority - The Question
11. Arizona Feat. Zeitia - Slide On The Rhythm
12. Chubby Chunks - Testament One

Riddler

Feb 7, 2009
New York
A massive, massive double pack of the big man from the days when the Ministry was THE club in London, and pre commercial tosh. Been meaning to up this on here for a while.

This was recorded during Humphries' residency at The Ministry and is a classic example of what his style at this time was all about. One of my favourite mix tapes of all time this...

Can I ask that people don't stick this mix, or the scan of tape cover on Facebook please. If I wanted them to go on Facebook, I'd put them on there myself. Also do NOT sell this mix. Thanks.

Tape 1 Download: TH @ London May 1993 (Tape 1).mp3
Password: tonhumpmos1may93

Tape 2 Download: TH @ London May 1993 (Tape 2).mp3
Password: tonyhummos2may93

Enjoy folks... HV :thumbsup:

Here's a scan of the tape cover:

tonyhumphriesmosdoublep.jpg

Thanks as always for the upload HV - much appreciated.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
It's suddenly occurred to me that this double pack, and the CJ and Justin Berkmann double pack were recorded at this night at Bakers Club in Brum. I was there that night and it was fucking unbelievable. Weirdly I recall Humphires playing Jay Dee Plastic Dream (it was the first time I heard it), Mr Monday, Testament One, Transformer 2's Just Can't Get Enough and U R The Best Thing that night. Big T and CJ both played BLINDERS.

644015_10151870592535129_596068993_n.jpg

Same wording/text as the flyer too :thumbsup: