Seb Fontaine, Luke Neville, Mark Moore & Craig Richards @ Malibu Stacey, London 1997

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Seb Fontaine, Luke Neville, Mark Moore & Craig Richards @ Malibu Stacey, London 1997

This tape pack was recorded at Malibu Stacey's '2nd Birthday', in Mayfair, London. I make this 1997 based on the tracks - especially on the Seb Fontaine mix.

Don't know anything about Malibu Stacey nights to be honest, and can't find anything about them ether. Anyone ever go, or know anything?

I have never come across four more different sets in one package!!!

Seb Fontaine - Bouncy and housey
Luke Neville - Proggy and high tempo
Mark Moore - Super chilled and funky
Craig Richards - Acidy and pretty bangin'

Stand out set - Mark Moore. Bloody loved it! :love:

Big thanks to Doosh for sending me this tape pack to rip for you all - Nice one Greg :king:

Download (Tape 1, Side 1) - Seb Fontaine: https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR3I7Hj0l...S!NJBtRpWCZeaoeEAQ5zhNTucqhXHeEaIrPc8Mxaaqayo

Download (Tape 1, Side 2) - Luke Neville: https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR3pcduyd...D!ylwYS32LNX_j2uGTNzZyMHfgCDxKmU2XqKOPYNj0WBY

Download (Tape 2, Side 1) - Mark Moore: https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR3-UdNYA...a!eYge2IibLU3_VxtbyPV60jjKVEmORDqisHwpjEgf7EA

Download (Tape 2, Side 2) - Craig Richards: https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR2wEDdJA...Z!Zb6p2PzBix3gRu0jkf1ak2ua9uTTFQf91QuTRNXgGcg

Enjoy folks... HV :thumbsup:

Here's a scan of the tape cover:

attachment.php

Attachments

• -(1997.xx.xx)_Crag_Richards_(Live_PA)_@_Malibu_Stacey_Second_Birthday_London.jpg
    -(1997.xx.xx)_Crag_Richards_(Live_PA)_@_Malibu_Stacey_Second_Birthday_London.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Malibu Stacy was a night run by Seb Fontaine and his wife. It was held at the Hanover Grand in Mayfair London . Craig Richards was resident alongside Seb. It was a very dressy Glam event. Held on a Friday night I think

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
They were a night run by Seb Fontaine and his wife Stacey. They were held at the Hanover Grand. Craig Richards was resident alongside Seb. They were very dressy events. Held on a Friday night I think

Nice one Chris, that clears that up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Obviously set up after I left London in '96 - surprised I'd not heard of it to be honest.

Well worth checking out these mixes buddy.

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Jesus fella... your tape machine must been on overtime, hope you treat her right bud :D

top postings going on as usual, gonna grab the Mark Moore set... is the acid set oldskool acid or the trancey hardfloor type acid if you get my drift?

cheers bud :thumbsup:

It's not old skool Andrew, more like trancey acid I gues! Hard to explain it to be honest :crazy:

Last edited:
Isn't Craig Richards one of the residents at Fabric now? I wouldn't describe this set as acid trance, it's more like deep house/acid house, however I only really skimmed through it to be honest.The Neville set is more trancey, are you sure you didn't get them mixed up?
The Mark Moore set is excellent, the others aren't really my cup of tea. Thanks for uploading. :thumbsup:

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Isn't Craig Richards one of the residents at Fabric now? I wouldn't describe this set as acid trance, it's more like deep house/acid house, however I only really skimmed through it to be honest.

Yes he changed his style when he hooked up with Lee Burridge in 1998

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
I wouldn't describe this set as acid trance, it's more like deep house/acid house

Yeah, I meant trancey acid. Still, it's a lot harder than what I play or listen to, so to be honest I'm not sure what you'd call it!

.... Tech House?! :crazy:

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Luke Neville
01. Blue Amazon - And Then The Rain Falls
02. ID Soul Rhythm
03. Red Sun - This Love, Virtual Symmetry - The V.S [Oakenfold Goa Mix Medley of tracks]
04. ID Come With Me And I'll Take You There
05. JX - Close To Your Heart
06. Dina Carroll - Run To You (BT And Paul Van Dyk's 7 Skies Vocal Mix)

Craig Richards
01. ID
02. ID
03. ID [Scarface Sample]
04. ID [inaudible]
05. ID [inaudible]
06. ID Come On Yeah
07. ID
08. ID [inaudible]

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Mark Moore
01. ID [organ]
02. Diana Krall - The Look Of Love*
03. ID
04. Gil Scott Heron - Brother (Remix)
05. Norma Jean Bell - I'm The Baddest Bitch (In The Room) (Moodymann Mix)
06. ID
07. Nancy Sinatra - Light My Fire
08. ID We're Taking You On A Journey Through Your Body And Through Your Mind, Join Us
09. ID

*Could be Dusty Springfield

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Seb Fontaine
01. ID
02. Farley Jackmaster Funk, featuring Darryl Pandy - Love Can't Turn Around
03. Duke - So In Love With You (Full Intention Mix)
04. Tall Paul - Rock Da House
05. DJ Quicksilver - Free
06. Hole In One - Life's Too Short
07. ID
08. ID
09. DJ Quicksilver - Bellissima

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Found this these flyers on ebay a second ago, which confirms the date of this tape pack:

23rd November 1997

MS.jpg

:thumbsup:

willem_dafoe

Mar 12, 2014
I need help to download these tapes

hi guys either I'm being stupid or I'm out of luck, but I can't seem to download these tapes.

I was at this night at Malibu Stacey and was there every weekend, it was my favorite night by a long way!

It would be so good to hear the music again knowing I would have danced to every tune.

If anyone can help in downloading the tunes please let me know.

take care

Rent Boy.

Jan 13, 2014
hi guys either I'm being stupid or I'm out of luck, but I can't seem to download these tapes.

I was at this night at Malibu Stacey and was there every weekend, it was my favorite night by a long way!

It would be so good to hear the music again knowing I would have danced to every tune.

If anyone can help in downloading the tunes please let me know.

take care

I think people stopped posting links here because cunts keep flogging the downloads on eBay. Stuff still gets shared just not in a public forum anymore.