time to stop takin the meds !

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
May 16, 2008
Moomin Valley
When have any of you peeps decided its time to stop takin the party drugs ? For me its getting to the point where enough is enough,the illness that follows the day after for me now is out waying the want to carry on gettin messed up . Iam nearing the fine age of 40 soon and have deffo done my fair share of partying over the past 20 or more years and feel now for me its deffo time to stop the toffees LOL,I will not stop the love of music at all but feel I want to enjoy it in a more not fucked up way if ya get what I mean ,I sometimes feel though that I would get classed as boring or being a stiff of people that don't understand the impact that still partying till the next day is having on me is deffo having a massive effect now on my life and health, long live music deffo!! But just interests me on what peeps think on this subject ! X :)

May 16, 2008
Moomin Valley
Aye deffo mol, just getting to the stage now for me its just not worth it anymore feeling like shit for days after etc,love my music and that deffo will not stop but getting fucked up is not for me anymore tbh ,even bod on many a time when he has seen how bad iam the day after said he would not do it if he felt as bad as I do ,each to there own at the end of the day but you do reach that stage where you know its time to chill and enjoy life instead of fuckin it up :cops:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Once in a blue moon for me these days.... I just have a lil drinky most wk ends and keep the hard core partying for special events. I do feel better for it. X

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Think of it more as a long break...and save it all up for the end :thumbsup: I have propperly been a cainer in my time, but don't do anything at all now, I would have a dibble if I were going out to a special occaision, bit of chum or a tiddler...but as a rule, no and for the same reasons as you have said..I was just a dribbling fk up inbetween being a space monkey whilst trying to be a DJ/producer, and eventually drug psychosis took hold and did me a wrong one...well, it totally altered my personality and seriously took the fun out of my social life, lol...you can see, in the face of a person who has been a bad alchy or druggy, they are different, expression is slightly different, like they're related to the person but not them...seeing that in me made it easy enough to stop taking all that tackle mate, no shiiit, I reckon if you've had an epiffany, knock it on the head a bit.

APH

Apr 13, 2009
dabble now and again

I had a load of speed the other week, it dint feel as good as it used to, never does. It wasnt like rushin` on pink champagne circa 20 years ago, just stayed awake for 3 days snorting lines, mixin, talkin shite etc ;) and not eating. Threw the rest of it, not my bag no more. Boshed it all big time back in the 90`s and up to about 4/5 years ago, I`ve done my fair share.

On that note, whos for another line? lol:D

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
I stopped taking party drugs years ago and it doesnt even cross my mind to take em again when im out.Im happy with a good few scoops and the odd joint and even the buzz you get off em nowadays doesnt excite me enough.Ive seen people on em when out and they stick out like a sore thumb,to be honest they look pathetic,over confident,alien eyes,cotton mouth,talking utter shite for ages and it makes ya dick look like a walnut whip.

Im glad youve decided to knock it on the head bernie,the pros of stopping definatley out weight the cons of carrying on.:D

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
When the missus threatened to leave me lol

Bernie - if your body is tellin u summat u should listen to it :)

In fairness I'm quite happy with a beer and can happily go to a club just on the ale - don't think I could have enjoyed meself 10 yr ago just being str8 which is quite a sad statement really.

Used to love bein fukt and class As have certain advantages over beer - eg they are a stimulant and will keep ya old legs goin rather than goin wobbly lol

Defo takes longer to recover n alot of gear is shite so purely from a cost/benefit view one would have to question is it worth it?

Ultimately I think your family and health has to take precedence

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
I was a massive cainer, all in moderation these days as they say but I have the odd binge:$:hubba:

Your right on with the recovery time Bernie, I used to go out once in the week then all weekend in my younger days and still go work on monday unless I was still partyin lol

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
I'm off to bowlers on till 5 am on NYE and driving not even having a beer

I have been blessed that I never needed it and am hyper active near music alone

I used to get very pissed from the age of 20 to 30 but I don't even enjoy that now as I hate feeling like shit

DaveSmalls

May 10, 2009
I've got to 35 and primarily smoke weed however when I go out clubbing I like the party gear still and even like getting messy at home from time to time. For me there is nothing better than listening to my mixes when I'm tattered on md it just brings so many things out of the music that you dont ordinarily hear. i do accept the recovery period is longer than days gone by but I find md is not a bad come down and such is the enjoyment of the tunes when tattered its still worth doing for me. Moderation is the key I feel.

So I can't see me not having party nights for quite a while yet, the main difference is I will probably stay home where I'm guaranteed good tunes as I have become quite disillusioned with the club scene but the spirit of younger years and my passion for music lives on.

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Alright Bernie. I stopped doing the meds NYE 1999/2000 after 10 years of partying. I had a 10 year break and didnt think id go back to it until 2010. Moderation is key. Caining it every weekend has its consequences as does your choice of toffee lol. I limit myself to every couple of months and still then try and beware of where i am and what im doing. 2/3 years on and im still enjoying it - just make sure you make the right choices.

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
ive calmed down, and im more fussy about wat i take, im only intrested in taking something with a good proven rep. So i other words, i hardly take owt anymore! Always on the look out for the good clean pill tho :)

May 16, 2008
Moomin Valley
Well LOL massive fail on new years eve :pwent on a bender LOL :cops: my bad was a top nite all worth feeling like donkey piss for the next day oh well on the wagon this month a nice detox for my body :D