help/advice with my connection problem please...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
I am having a problem with connecting to livegigstream to turn the auto dj on/off, this is basically just click and follow a link that has been pasted on here for the OSA DJ's to use, as everyone else seems to be ok and problem free...it must be down to my laptop/software etc. It is an intermittent problem but more often than not and for the last 6 attempts, it hasn't worked for me. I have to use a mobile dongle to get online but this doesn't prevent me from playing once the auto dj has been turned off by someone else, nor does it affect watching youtube vids or downloading music etc, it's obviously limited more than a cable broadband connection but is certainly not that crap that I am being denied access to the site in question...so what can I do?
I have cleared the browsing history again, run the virus checker and done a full scan. I found that when I first started using Firefox as opposed to IE, I had much more success, but even switching between Chrome, firefox, IE doesn't make any difference.
Any help, suggestions what to try next would be greatly appreciated...it's really frustrating, wanting but not being able to get on unless there is someone else there to turn on/off auto.

reetdad

VIP Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
legends
I am having a problem with connecting to livegigstream to turn the auto dj on/off, this is basically just click and follow a link that has been pasted on here for the OSA DJ's to use, as everyone else seems to be ok and problem free...it must be down to my laptop/software etc. It is an intermittent problem but more often than not and for the last 6 attempts, it hasn't worked for me. I have to use a mobile dongle to get online but this doesn't prevent me from playing once the auto dj has been turned off by someone else, nor does it affect watching youtube vids or downloading music etc, it's obviously limited more than a cable broadband connection but is certainly not that crap that I am being denied access to the site in question...so what can I do?
I have cleared the browsing history again, run the virus checker and done a full scan. I found that when I first started using Firefox as opposed to IE, I had much more success, but even switching between Chrome, firefox, IE doesn't make any difference.
Any help, suggestions what to try next would be greatly appreciated...it's really frustrating, wanting but not being able to get on unless there is someone else there to turn on/off auto.

pk does this devilry go via your firewall, if so turn it off and see if it works and if so create a firewall rule

for the thingy then turn your firewall back on

i might be talking shit like lol

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
i tried making it a trusted site...but It just seemed to stop working around the same time that my radio widget changed appearance, I think it's just missing info in my modem, exactly the same type of info that you input when setting up the simplecast, IP adress/ port code and password...but livegigstream isnt a web site, it's something to do with the OSA server I think...but thats all I can say reet...think...cos try as I am, aint having any joy from anyone mate.

reetdad

VIP Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
legends
i tried making it a trusted site...but It just seemed to stop working around the same time that my radio widget changed appearance, I think it's just missing info in my modem, exactly the same type of info that you input when setting up the simplecast, IP adress/ port code and password...but livegigstream isnt a web site, it's something to do with the OSA server I think...but thats all I can say reet...think...cos try as I am, aint having any joy from anyone mate.

try turning your lap top on :rotate::rotate::rotate::condom::condom::condom:

i dont no pk