I would love to give (but how do i upload )

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

andymuz

VIP Silver Member
Aug 13, 2011
i would love to give somthing back to the OSA crew for all the music i have downloaded i have loads of live dance nights from scotland recorded live /the boiler /the glasgow hacienda (i was the head doorman for 3yrs ) the cronk in dumfermiline very ggod tunes hope to share them with all soon

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Are you wanting to recorded (rip) mp3s from tapes?

If so before you do anything else, you will need a tape player (with clean tape heads!), a laptop of desktop PC with a 'line in' and a copy of programme that allows you to record audio. I use Audacity which is available as a free download:

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Most people that I know use it, but some use other programmes. I suggest visiting YouTube as there are plenty of tutorials on how to use Audacity on there. In fact, I would strongly suggest it as it will save you a lot of time and they are usually done by people who speak in laymen's terms without and the confusing jargon. Failing that there are loads of help pages on the Audacity site.

To offer advice on the way to get the best results, and any tips could lead me to go on forever as I learnt by trial and error... until I'd mastered it.

Remember than if you choice to upload you rips to Mediafire for example, and only want a free account, you will need to ensure that your uploads are no larger than 200MB.

This usually means that if you are recording a 90min tape, you will need to set the kbps to 256kbps to ensure it's under the 200MB limit. For 60min tapes, set it to 320kbps. Either way, the idea is to rip the audio to as good a quality as possible, so if you can, 256kbps or 320kbps is best.

:thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2010
Hull
top post HV :thumbsup: unless you got a box set lol im a newbie when it comes to cleaning mixes exc to be honest ive not tried lol but i had a mix cleaned up it was a 2 hour 40 mix but to get it on mediafire had to reduce it to 192kbps but it sounded good tho after the clean think it all depends if you want to clean them up to get rid of much hiss as poss im not a big lover of hiss my ears cant handle it to good so when you join mix together the file gets bigger so if you want it on mediafire no other option to reduce it to 192kbps which is fine for me to be honest but HV is right in what he says try to get it higher as poss :thumbsup::thumbsup:

andymuz

VIP Silver Member
Aug 13, 2011
thanks to all

just got the usb type from fleebay hopefully it will do what it says on the tin

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
the glasgow hacienda (i was the head doorman for 3yrs ) the cronk in dumfermiline

I'd love to hear mixes from these places. I had quite a few from the glasgow hacienda, some great stuff from Marc Smith, and MC Jambo doing his usual all the way through. Almost all have gone missing over the years though, it'll be great to hear them again. These were the mixes that got me into dance music :thumbsup:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
i would love to give somthing back to the OSA crew for all the music i have downloaded i have loads of live dance nights from scotland recorded live /the boiler /the glasgow hacienda (i was the head doorman for 3yrs ) the cronk in dumfermiline very ggod tunes hope to share them with all soon

would be great to hear some new scottish sets, theres been loads of rhumba sets uploaded but not many from the cronk or glasgow hac

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Hey Andy. I hope you still check this site from time to time. I've been reminiscing with some Glasgow Hacienda mixes that i had and hope you still plan to upload yours. I had quite a few from hacienda that have gone missing over the years, and one from cronk (i remember it had M.C.P. - Over Me and Rofo's Theme on it, would love to hear it again!, just in case...). Cheers

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
bump for this thread. The first dance mix i ever heard was from Glasgow hacienda. It started with Frank de Wulf, i'm pretty sure Magic Orchestra, and second track was defo Together Hardcore Uproar. That was the tune that sealed the deal, changed my music taste forever. I'd give anything to hear this mix again. Has anyone out there got it?