Nigel Dawson 1994.01 @ Hacienda Manchester

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

doosh

Nov 1, 2006
Good stuff, thanks for this. :thumbsup: I don't remember ND playing at the hac though - may have been one of the midweek nights.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Nice one buddy.

Will be interested to hear this for two reasons. First as there are very few Nigel Dawson mixes kicking about the net, but also because his mixing has often been described as pretty dodgy! Not that I would know as I've not personally heard him play out - but it does seem odd that promoters like Renaissance and The Hac would employ a DJ that can't mix very well?! In fact, I think the only mixes I have heard of his have been a Renaissance one from 1992 and a mix from a Ripe tape pack.

The jury is out... Anyway I'm hoping this will be a cracker Andrew. Thanks matey :thumbsup:

doosh

Nov 1, 2006
A possible reason for the 'dodgy mixing' is it is rumoured his 'consumption' reached epic proportions. :fekked:

Nice one buddy.

Will be interested to hear this for two reasons. First as there are very few Nigel Dawson mixes kicking about the net, but also because his mixing has often been described as pretty dodgy! Not that I would know as I've not personally heard him play out - but it does seem odd that promoters like Renaissance and The Hac would employ a DJ that can't mix very well?! In fact, I think the only mixes I have heard of his have been a Renaissance one from 1992 and a mix from a Ripe tape pack.

The jury is out... Anyway I'm hoping this will be a cracker Andrew. Thanks matey :thumbsup:

It is not entirely my taste - some good baselines going on - off the top of my head i cant recall any clangers... but as always i just had to share :D

Simeon

Dec 29, 2013
Greece
His sets alongside Ossia at Renaissance/Cross was pure bliss...

TRACKLIST
03.M People_Renaissance (John Digweed's 4AM Mix) [
04.River Ocean feat India_Love & Happiness (Yemaya Y Ochùn) (Junior Boys Own Super Dub)
05.Isha D_Stay Tonight (US Garage Mix)
06.House of Zekkariyas aka The Womack & Womack_Secret Star (Sasha's A Mix)
08.Chanelle_Work That Body (Hysteria Dub)
11.Sasha feat Sam Mollison_Higher Ground (Main Club Mix)

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
I really enjoyed this mix too. Here's a few more IDs for you

His sets alongside Ossia at Renaissance/Cross was pure bliss...

TRACKLIST
01. 4th Measure Men - 4 You (MK Remix)
03.M People_Renaissance (John Digweed's 4AM Mix)
04.River Ocean feat India_Love & Happiness (Yemaya Y Ochùn) (Junior Boys Own Super Dub)
05.Isha D_Stay Tonight (US Garage Mix)
06.House of Zekkariyas aka The Womack & Womack_Secret Star (Sasha's A Mix)
08.Chanelle_Work That Body (Hysteria Dub)
09.Interceptor - Together (Roger S. Bass Mix)
11.Sasha feat Sam Mollison_Higher Ground (Main Club Mix)
12.Alison Limerick - Love Come Down (mix?)
13.Rollo Goes Camping - Get Off Your High Horse (Work It Babe Mix)
14.SoundFactory - Good Time (Pure Dub)
15.JBO / Farley & Heller sounding