Various Bangkok, Coventry Sets from 1992-1996 (Park, Rampling, Sasha etc)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Greg you've figured out why nobody shares on this site anymore, too many leechers, not enough discussion for a chat board

Am still going to share my tapes I have

Bangkok Dave Dorrell & Jon Of The Pleased "Wiimmin"
Bangkok Dave Dorrell & Chris and James
Bangkok Graeme Park & Christian Woodyatt

I have another one but I have already shared that.

I shared to get tracklists, then go to buy my records on discogs, but a old skool record shop has just open near me, it might not be stuff off of a tracklist, but it still stuff I like and to be honest Sasha has only played a really small amount of progressive house that is out their and their is so much lovely progressive house out their and the same with hardhouse and back in the 90's I never copy dj's, I just went into a record store listen to the tunes and picked the ones I like.I never own a computer and did not go on the internet until I was about 25. Did not know about ebay or online stores. Just mixed and collected records and tapes. Then got into computers, then one day I was watching Tv and judge Jules was testing tracktor pro. So I downloaded it and it was amazing and it done everything my 1210's could do, I was 37 and realised that I was old and that is how it all restarted. I waited a few years and bought myself a pair of turntables, I found this forum and was like wow!!!! and here I am collecting records and tapes, because I want to remember my youth. So it's only been a few years now, so I am not bored of it yet and will still post my tapes. So collectors like me can listen to them. ;) I went on discogs this morning put 3 records in my cart, I wanted from a tracklist. The postage came to £10, am not willing to pay that for any record. Not when I can walk into a record store and hand pick my own tunes, and they will be as good as any track i have heard mixed on a tape and like I have already said, it has never been about that for me, back in the 90's I never copy other djs tracks well maybe a few. But now I have found a record store, I will do the same pick stuff I like and not copy someone else. Their might be a few tunes I have heard that I buy, but mostly it will be stuff that I have not heard.

Last edited:

pauly 2009

Nov 26, 2009
Would love it if you uploaded the Dave Dorrell tape from the Dorrell/Jon the pleased pack Gregsta, been after it for years.... either way fair doos to ya for what ya do

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Would love it if you uploaded the Dave Dorrell tape from the Dorrell/Jon the pleased pack Gregsta, been after it for years.... either way fair doos to ya for what ya do

Is it this one?

Download: MEGA

1.[00.00] ID - Piano Intro (Give Us Back Our Natural Life)
2.[01.34] Kathy Brown feat Praxis - Turn Me Out (Delorme Uk Mix)
3.[07.58] Mozaic - Sing It (The Hallelujah Song) (Mix?)
4.[12.42] Pizzaman - Trippin' On Sunshine (Pizzaman Club Mix)
5.[18.15] ID - Instrumental (Drums)
6.[23.11] Nush - U Girls (Original Nush Mix)
7.[26.16] Perks Of Living Society - Body & Soul (P.L.S Arena Mix)
8.[32.21] Donna Giles - And I'm Telling You (Pride Mix)
9.[37.18] The Reese Project - The Colour Of Love (Playboys Extended Mix)
10.[41.33] X-Static - I'm Standing (Heavy Organ Mix)
11.[45.19] ID - Degrees Of Motion - Shine On????
12.[49.52] ID - Turn Me Up (Tribaly)
13.[54.01] Eddy - Someday (Dielsel & Ether Live Direct Mix)
14.[58.19] Movin' Melodies - P.A.R.T.Y.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Is it this one?

Download: MEGA

1.[00.00] ID - Piano Intro (Give Us Back Our Natural Life)
2.[01.34] Kathy Brown feat Praxis - Turn Me Out (Delorme Uk Mix)
3.[07.58] Mozaic - Sing It (The Hallelujah Song) (Mix?)
4.[12.42] Pizzaman - Trippin' On Sunshine (Pizzaman Club Mix)
5.[18.15] ID - Instrumental (Drums)
6.[23.11] Nush - U Girls (Original Nush Mix)
7.[26.16] Perks Of Living Society - Body & Soul (P.L.S Arena Mix)
8.[32.21] Donna Giles - And I'm Telling You (Pride Mix)
9.[37.18] The Reese Project - The Colour Of Love (Playboys Extended Mix)
10.[41.33] X-Static - I'm Standing (Heavy Organ Mix)
11.[45.19] ID - Degrees Of Motion - Shine On????
12.[49.52] ID - Turn Me Up (Tribaly)
13.[54.01] Eddy - Someday (Dielsel & Ether Live Direct Mix)
14.[58.19] Movin' Melodies - P.A.R.T.Y.

thanks for sharing Henry

3 = Dr Alban - Sing Hallelujah (red city vocal mix)
5 = Jark Prongo - Shake It
11 = Amos - Only Saw Today / Instant Karma (Cleveland City Vocal Mix)
12 = Inner Tube - Pump Me Up! [Cheeky Chunes]

Last edited:

pauly 2009

Nov 26, 2009
Henry you're a diamond for upping this, top top man, thats completed my fave 5 or 6 tapes that i started searching for when i finally got online, only took me 7 yrs or so....... thanks for takin the time to do it, osa made my day once again... UTV

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Henry you're a diamond for upping this, top top man, thats completed my fave 5 or 6 tapes that i started searching for when i finally got online, only took me 7 yrs or so....... thanks for takin the time to do it, osa made my day once again... UTV

No worries fella, glad to be able to help you out Pauly. SOTC!! :thumbsup:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
thanks for sharing Henry

3 = Dr Alban - Sing Hallelujah (red city vocal mix)
5 = Jark Prongo - Shake It
11 = Amos - Only Saw Today / Instant Karma (Cleveland City Vocal Mix)
12 = Inner Tube - Pump Me Up! [Cheeky Chunes]

Great stuff Brady, thanks for these new additions. Can't believe I didn't ID Sing Hallelujah! :thumbsup:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
jon.jpg

done by myself;) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

traumatek

Dec 8, 2020
I'm late to this OSA party - haven't had the password for any mixes, but great work those that are ripping unavailable mixes, sorting out tracklists etc,
My view has always been that this is a key part of musical history that must be preserved. Too many tapes, flyers and stories have been lost over time.

The collections and archives mean that future generations can learn, benefit and enjoy too.

In terms of sharing, I personally ripped 150 or so tapes about 7-10 years ago. I still have a few more I need to check, to make sure they're done somewhere.
At the time, these tapes were not on youtube, mixcloud, or any file hosting sites.
I shared via forums such as Pure Oldskoolers and Its-all-about-old-school (spelling may be off there).
The rips are now generally online widely, or others have since re-ripped (often from better copies)
I never cared if others shared them - indeed, that was actually my aim: to preserve the collection for others and also actually work as a backup for my own tapes.
There's unlikely to be many tapes left in my collection to rip that others haven't done

If others are buying original tapes in auctions, scanning covers etc then I can see why that should be seen a bit differently
I only ever ripped tapes that had been sitting in my loft since the 90s.
In terms of 'leeches' though, it depends how they operate.
Some folks may be after a particular tape, search Google, find a link to here, so arrive with no other posts and be asking for a password
I do think many others are just new to the scene. They havent had the luxury of being around back in the day to buy originals. They may not have vinyl, so realistically, can they contribute a lot to tracklistings or rips?
With so much now well covered by folks here and elsewhere, we are at the point where it is increasingly difficult actually for people to find new tapes to rip that aren't done already. There's no point spending £20 on an Ebay tape to rip it, if it is done already.... and buy buying that tape, they may have stopped someone who is collecting the originals from filling a gap.

Something I now focus on, is gathering collections, trying to build a picture of what is available, assigning dates, linking to flyers, cleaning up bad recordings and grouping together in an archive. I have done this for a couple of clubs/events and shared on FB (which is where I was gathering the info) - not sets from OSA by the way
That probably makes me a leech now in some forums (although for the clubs/events in question there, some of the rips online are still only available as the ones I did many years ago). Not everyone has the desire or OCD to be bothered about ripping or building collections.

Long story short, there may be more to 'leeches' than it seems and many people struggle to contribute much more.
The good that perhaps comes out of this, is that the more OCD leeches that we can create by generating interest in these old collections, the more people will be looking to fill gaps, meaning that the rare tape sitting in a charity shop, gets picked up and ripped to the community rather than just moving to a cupboard for someone's personal collection. That does require the contribution, but sometimes a person's contribution may come quite some time after they join a forum and download sets, as opposed to them being able to come in and contribute straight off?
Thanks to those that do contribute still

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I'm late to this OSA party - haven't had the password for any mixes, but great work those that are ripping unavailable mixes, sorting out tracklists etc,
My view has always been that this is a key part of musical history that must be preserved. Too many tapes, flyers and stories have been lost over time.

The collections and archives mean that future generations can learn, benefit and enjoy too.

In terms of sharing, I personally ripped 150 or so tapes about 7-10 years ago. I still have a few more I need to check, to make sure they're done somewhere.
At the time, these tapes were not on youtube, mixcloud, or any file hosting sites.
I shared via forums such as Pure Oldskoolers and Its-all-about-old-school (spelling may be off there).
The rips are now generally online widely, or others have since re-ripped (often from better copies)
I never cared if others shared them - indeed, that was actually my aim: to preserve the collection for others and also actually work as a backup for my own tapes.
There's unlikely to be many tapes left in my collection to rip that others haven't done

If others are buying original tapes in auctions, scanning covers etc then I can see why that should be seen a bit differently
Some folks may be after a particular tape, search Google, find a link to here, so arrive with no other posts and be asking for a password
I do think many others are just new to the scene. They havent had the luxury of being around back in the day to buy originals. They may not have vinyl, so realistically, can they contribute a lot to tracklistings or rips?
With so much now well covered by folks here and elsewhere, we are at the point where it is increasingly difficult actually for people to find new tapes to rip that aren't done already. There's no point spending £20 on an Ebay tape to rip it, if it is done already.... and buy buying that tape, they may have stopped someone who is collecting the originals from filling a gap.

Something I now focus on, is gathering collections, trying to build a picture of what is available, assigning dates, linking to flyers, cleaning up bad recordings and grouping together in an archive. I have done this for a couple of clubs/events and shared on FB (which is where I was gathering the info) - not sets from OSA by the way
That probably makes me a leech now in some forums (although for the clubs/events in question there, some of the rips online are still only available as the ones I did many years ago). Not everyone has the desire or OCD to be bothered about ripping or building collections.

Long story short, there may be more to 'leeches' than it seems and many people struggle to contribute much more.
The good that perhaps comes out of this, is that the more OCD leeches that we can create by generating interest in these old collections, the more people will be looking to fill gaps, meaning that the rare tape sitting in a charity shop, gets picked up and ripped to the community rather than just moving to a cupboard for someone's personal collection. That does require the contribution, but sometimes a person's contribution may come quite some time after they join a forum and download sets, as opposed to them being able to come in and contribute straight off?

welcome to OSA traumatek, always good to see a new member on the board ;)
feel free to join in the chat even if its just to say thanks for an upload, any comment is better than none

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Welcome traumatek, (y)
The reason I started to put passwords on my sets & being carefull who I gave passwords too was because I was spending hours ripping sets, then to see someone on ebay selling my rips & one site that I wont even name, they could not even be arsed to change title or even check the set, thats how blatent they were with it, tbh you could probs name the set has anything & they would put it on their site for sale the same day you upped it, regardless if it was the correct dj or even the correct event, pure leecheing imo to there own gain...
Prior to that I was well happy to give my rips away to anyone for free to enjoy, just like lending ya mate a tape, mind you, I think we all had mates wo never gave tapes back :mad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tbh I dont really clean sets up now has most of the tapes I have been ripping are not to bad sound wise, unlike the ones I had that were really old and probs a copy of a copy of a copy on some skanky AGFA tape from ya mate lol...

I do Agree with you not everyone still has there tapes or has no knowledge of track names etc, but has Brady says, any comment is better than none(y)

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

I don't buy tapes to share on here its nice to share them on here, I know people who do buy tapes to share on here but then that is very kind of them.

I do like to flog stuff after awhile when am bored of it, My mrs keep a Sharpe eye on me to make sure am not doing that or their will be a load of shouting coming my way. 😂🤣🤣🤣 that not just exclusive to tapes.

I have stopped password protecting my stuff can't be arsed with it anymore.

I have keep hold of my speakers and amp for a few years now what is unusual for me.

Last edited:

traumatek

Dec 8, 2020
"unlike the ones I had that were really old and probs a copy of a copy of a copy on some skanky AGFA tape from ya mate lol."

Ha, I've certainly done a few like that :)