Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
10 Years on from joining the site here I am... well into my 11th year, used to post alot more than I do now but heyho..So what were your original reasons for joining up on OSA and how many years have you been using OSA, has it changed much from when you joined? and what do you most use the site for these days?!...

Heres to another 10 !! ha ha :fekked: :spin:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
nice thread dude, we need more like this. Think I joined in 2004 so only 8 years for me, I joined after meeting a few off here at Good Times.

The likes of sarah-jayne, ow doo helen, ste huxley, dannster, Vinyl Animal etc had some ace times too :fekked: seen lots of ppl come and go. Dont think the site has changed much at all until recently when butty finally update shiz.

Shame its gone a bit poo but hopefully it may pick up??

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Joined May 2004 so 8 yrs for me too.... i got wind of the gaff thanks to Pluto (Grover) who i used to chat to over on another site....... I come on for much the same reason as others to keep in touch with folks on here and see whats happenin in oldskool world......

Things have changed drastically in my opinion, people just dont want to chat via posts any more, we used to have lots of threads about daft and bizarre stuff and arguably touchy subjects but it doesnt happen any more, folks aint bothered i dont think..the community spirit has gone :( great shame cuz when its good its real good and id love it to get back to half of how it used to be...please!!! I urge folks to take part in daft and witty banter lol:pif u dont ill have to get the paddle bat out (now thats old skool) it hasnt been out for a good while..... now bend over...or get talking ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
There's definitely some pervs on here, but not being one myself I wouldn't have a clue what a paddle bat is for :eek: :p

I also found the site in 2004, through searching for a tune on Google (or was it Yahoo or Alta Vista back then?) and low and behold OSA popped up at the top. I quickly read what I set out to read, quickly checked the site out, bookmarked it, then forgot about the place shortly afterwards, but I didn't think I wanted to join another forum (was also a member on a long since gone now site called Adrenalin Trip - due to being heavily into snowboarding and other adrenalin producing activities).

Come 2005, I found the site again when looking through bookmarks and officially joined and was made to feel welcome from the off. It was a big friendly dynamic site back then with lots of characters and some were very funny, some were encyclopedias of knowledge about the music, some were randomly bonkers, although most were a little bit daft and easy going. I stuck around and eventually got out to some of the old school events and met a few of the guys and gals and made a good few friends here.

It's like the end of the party here now though sadly, with just a few stragglers holding on and I do pop back now and again for old times sake to see if there's anything of interest here. Who knows though, maybe one day Forums will reclaim their place from facebook and twitter and the people and chemistry will return here once again. I live in hope:cool:

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
I havent been on much in recent years really, got rite into it at one point though and used to buzz off meeting peeps at timeless and the osa do's in manc at the scubar I think it was! Remember my first osa outing so to speak at Denvers in Manc in 2004 - proper eye opener - Stu Allan - Butty&Recca and Danndter on the decks - get in there!! Remember meeting woody i think and eddy and miss c, retroandy (i think) and a few others - Used to love playing on the radio on here I used to bring all my gear downstairs into the front room and hook my kit upto the only computer in the house downstairs and turn the front room into my own little club for 2 hours 4-6 on a Friday night before going out! hahaha.. So who are the regulars from yesteryear that you dont see much of on here and would like to... think this sort of discussion has been had quite abit on here! Im gonna start using Osa alot more though I reckon - ive fallen out with Facebook due to the constant shite off people and getting pestered with event after event etc on there so gonna have some time out! Will most likely be resurecting old threads and stuff like that, good to read up on the old massive long threads and discussions! Hope everyone is well though alots changed in 10 years like but still avin it! Dan we need to come over again soon mate! :thumbsup:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Dan we need to come over again soon mate! :thumbsup:

Deffo mate, our house is up for sale now so gotta concentrate on that for the time being. Soon as we move tho its deffo party time.

Facebook and Twitter and the like has took over, but its just mainly nosey fookers always trying to interfere somewhere they aint wanted or arguing etc.

I'm happy staying ere me and watching the different stages as they happen, who knows, one day it may be booming again.

It cant survive without the people :thumbsup:

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
Joined 2008 me...

I was working on a construction site in Scarborough and my boss was this Scouse guy called John. He was and is a totally hilarious bloke and he wasn't stuck up his own arse like most bosses so we chatted about most stuff including my love of getting smashed and dancing like a loon to a particular style of electronic music.
Anyway one day I walked into the office and he had some right old skool acid tunes blasting out of his laptop...

It was OSA Radio.

I joined that night and have gone on to discover an old skool back catalogue of music I never thought i'd hear. I had no idea that nearly five years later i'd still be coming across (almost literally) new old music that makes we wanna punch the air.

I even managed a Jenks reunion in Blackpool which after not having raved like that for years was one of the best nights out i've ever had.

I'm only 36 which is young I know compared to some of you old cnuts but the music effects me no less.
Not being a confrontational sort you probs won't see me post argumentative/controversial stuff, but i'll hang around cause I like the vibe and I think facebook sucks balls.

thanks for the music OSA \0/

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Should try and get as many of us as possible to give up facebook for a month and come on here instead and see what the results are. Could have it next month with something similar to the giving up smoking campaign "Stoptober" and have our own "Roctober" and get the old djs to fill up as much as we can over that month on the radio. Also a chance to prove your will power and resist checking facebook first thing in the morning when you wake or are sat on the loo (<< Im guilty of that ) and every other chance during the day. Go the whole hog and actually deactivate your fb account for the month and use the chillout room instead and I bet there would be a major boost of shizz in there :)
The smoking campaign reckons you are much more likely to quit after 28 days , imagine if that has the same effect on facebook :D

Anyone interested in this and the djing bit get in touch and we can try and get some kind of monthly schedule together, reckon it would be mint if we can pull it off

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Should try and get as many of us as possible to give up facebook for a month and come on here instead and see what the results are. Could have it next month with something similar to the giving up smoking campaign "Stoptober" and have our own "Roctober" and get the old djs to fill up as much as we can over that month on the radio. Also a chance to prove your will power and resist checking facebook first thing in the morning when you wake or are sat on the loo (<< Im guilty of that ) and every other chance during the day. Go the whole hog and actually deactivate your fb account for the month and use the chillout room instead and I bet there would be a major boost of shizz in there :)
The smoking campaign reckons you are much more likely to quit after 28 days , imagine if that has the same effect on facebook :D

Anyone interested in this and the djing bit get in touch and we can try and get some kind of monthly schedule together, reckon it would be mint if we can pull it off

Agree bod but i think FB isnt the only problem,theres lots of forums simialiar to this site that have added extras,webcam fixture,Dj comps,bigger dj scedules and giveaways.I know there minor but newbies like to see the dj in action including my self and who doesnt like the chance of winni9ng,lol.
Ive been on ere since 2005,became a member in 2006 and the site still has the quality tunes but lacks in member involvement,shoutbox was rammed at 1 point,would be great if it goes back to the way it was.:)

reetdad

VIP Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
legends
I only joined recently however at 40 I enjoyed many years of the scene until it became boring so thought all the old music and scene had died off.

I was looking on utube for old clubs I used to go to back in the day and it lead me here

I promptly asked for any eureka/shabbo mixes and received a great welcome

I would like to thank you all for keeping the scene alive and rejuvenating my interest into surely the happiest period of my life (post wife and kids)

The music is still as strong today as it was back then and I feel great because I have missed it without realising

and this forum has filled that hole.

I keep having little mix sessions and totally love it.

I read old threads and laugh my cock off at some of the antics although my days of clubbing are well behind me and have been clean from any substances for over 10 years it still gives me goose bumps listening to the music.

Best Regards Jon

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com

That is a reet idea, i'd be up for that. You would have to be honest tho if you had a sneaky peak at facebook

Agree bod but i think FB isnt the only problem,theres lots of forums simialiar to this site that have added extras,webcam fixture,Dj comps,bigger dj scedules and giveaways.I know there minor but newbies like to see the dj in action including my self and who doesnt like the chance of winni9ng,lol.
Ive been on ere since 2005,became a member in 2006 and the site still has the quality tunes but lacks in member involvement,shoutbox was rammed at 1 point,would be great if it goes back to the way it was.:)

True mate, i'm personally not one for the competitions, dont really care who is the best dj/scratcher/mixer etc

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
nobody has replied about djing except suracetoair so dont know wether to leave it or do Rocktober as a seperate post??

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
I'm at work now bud if you wanna do the honors later . I don't get home while 9 tonight. If not I will sort it over weekend sometime

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
I think the quality and the content of the site has definately improved since I joined in 2004, radio, tune archive etc... so well done Butty and all those who contributed:thumbsup:

I joined after regulary buyin tunes on ebay and a member who was also a big seller of old skool pointed me in this direction and been hangin round since.:wave:

A few things have changed unfortunately and as a result there aint as much action as what there has been in the past.

I generally put this down to (in no particular order).

1. Facebook or wankbook as I call it.. :rolleyes:I personally dont like the thing and maybe log in 3 times a year.. although am in the minority there

2. Our age and circumstances, many of us are 30 summat and are spendin more time with kids/houses/work and have less disposable income to spend on tunes and going out.

3. Vinyl market has declined and is now less competitive. Some dont use wax (mp3 etc). We all been collecting for a good while and have nailed alot of wants. Discogs. Point 2. One of the things that would make many of us visit was the both the trading that went on here and the amount you could learn off each other...

Lots of great peeps here and hope it gets back to how it was in terms of posts etc, been guilty of being a lazy git meself mind:$

Only other thing I think a few left when there was no real need, or go on a different site...cant see why they dont do both peeps like Fink, Mr Ben, Bucky etc also peeps like Sirius who was controversial but used to spark debate and get opinions etc

just mt 2p:thumbsup: