Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Went for 7 years runnning then got back there this year after over 10 yrs

Could not believe how much the cafe del mar and cala basa beach area had changed totally commercial now

I love the place and want to go again soon

Hope your having a great time

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Think last time I went was 96 and I hated it then compared to what it once was in early 90's. I recall it being very expensive, everybody after your money and the sunset bars being realy commercial with a completely different music policy. Ku, Space, Pasha and Amnesia were all good however nothing like as shocking and intense and very expensive ...£30ish per ticket!

Regardless of the above, if I could spare the time and money I would love to pop over for a week, get some sun, have a nose around some of the clubs and enjoy the atmosphere.

Enjoy

S:thumbsup:

Top few days so far, but on a bit of a budget, landed Sat night got to the Hotel at 1am, dumped the bags and hit the west end, quite a messy few hours! Sunday we met up with another couple from Carlisle, and a lad we know that lives over here now and sorted the tables at The Ocean Beach Bar, full on VIP style with Tony the owner, it shuts at midnight, we ended up still there at 5am, very messy, done cafe del mar, and golden buddha sunsets, currently just chilling on the balcony, heading to meet up with everyone again on Friday, then home on Saturday

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
B&B were talking about a few of us going next year, so still waiting to see if this is gonna come off. Be nice if there's still some places keeping the old Balearic music alive and without charging £20 a drink. I don't see the point in going otherwise.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
I have a feeling Formantera might be best way to go now for that 'underground' vibe... a lot of the original folks have moved over here to escape the commercial scene now :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Ibiza experience without going to Ibiza. Seems a bit sad to me really Debs as I find the big superclubs boring and overpriced, but I guess once the rot moves in.....

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Formentera is the small sister island which is right next door, you can see the island from the bay in ibiza.... so its one and the same in my eyes... jut seems to not attract the 'rot' - tbh ibiza is still worth a visit but for different reasons for me these days, once upon a time id been going for the night time scene, today i go for the day time scene which is banging or relaxing which ever of the two you prefer :thumbsup: just hop on the boat to formentera from the harbour and ur laughin ;)

got the bus 3euro to Ibiza Town on Friday night to all meet up again, went to a fantastic little back street thai resturant ran by a british couple! fantastic food, had a few shots with the owners, down to the portside for cocktails then the lad who lives there says 'i know the owners of a hotel just out of town, we'll go to thier hotel bar' so off in a taxi to this swanky hotel, down a corridor, through a door, into the funkiest underground deep house club ive been in!, in gonna have to find out the name!! the man came up trumps agian after the ocean beach bar escapade!, so it was morning by the time we returned to san ann, slept most saturday then returned to newcastle, back in Carlisle 5am Sunday, skint & a bit jaded, just waiting for the nightmares now!! ;)

some pics
sunset cafe del mar
Ibiza 2012 064.jpg

sunset at the golden buddha
Ibiza 2012 090.jpg

ocean beach club
Ibiza 2012 016.jpg

:p yes please

Pauly

been on to my man over there and...
the bar was the Experience bar at the Esvive hotel
Experience | Hotel - Hotel Esvive Ibiza
he says its a bit hit & miss wether its empty or not, we were there on a Friday/Sat morning around 3am, and there was around 40 people there

the Thai place was Thaid Up, at the end of the port, and up the steps!
Thai'd Up

have a good one!

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Walked into a sankeys night in playa den bossa ordered 4 vodka and cokes how much do you think they were???

Pauly

been on to my man over there and...
the bar was the Experience bar at the Esvive hotel
Experience | Hotel - Hotel Esvive Ibiza
he says its a bit hit & miss wether its empty or not, we were there on a Friday/Sat morning around 3am, and there was around 40 people there

the Thai place was Thaid Up, at the end of the port, and up the steps!
Thai'd Up

have a good one!

ahah I know Es Vive, tis niiiice :D:thumbsup: