Rane Sixty Two

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Ok! you lovely people got a question for you!!!

The Rane Sixty Two is so expensive in the UK it is £1799 (it is expensive anyways) on Ebay from USA you can buy for around £1300 so i messaged the USA seller! "what mains does it come with"? he said "Nellie the elephant packed her trunk & said goodbye to the circus"

Nar joking aside! he said 'I'd love a game of Pac Man right now"

He said "it comes with a universal plug" so i am trying to find out do they come with a universal plug anyways in the UK & if so should i buy it from USA (Ebay) if i end up with the same unit anyways saving me a lot of money?

Come on guys give me your thoughts! be as Hardcore as you can be! :cool: feel the beats before you feel the music then give me a good answer would love to feel your thoughts on this!

&! btw Rane Sixty Two is the best mixer ever made i am selling my lovely Allen & Heath X:eek:ne 92 for this i am giving up my warm analogue sound! thats the only thing i am worried about! so come on give me your thoughts on this! it is appreciated,sorry if my spelling suk!

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
I've bought DJ gear from the US in the past and have saved a few squid.

You will need a voltage converter whic are about £5 - £15 depending where u get it from, your local maplin will ave em.

Only other thing to bear in mind u may get hit with a customs charge but will still work out cheaper:)

You can just send me the wonga u saved :wave:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Not been overly impressed with Rane mixers but if you have tried it and are happy with it and aren't bothered about paying tax on it and not having a warranty being outside the US then go for it.

I was going to get a new mixer but instead treated my DJM800 to the new PNP Innofader - best thing I ever did as it is amazing and get transform scratches easily without using any switches or buttons, the adjustment on the fader goes beyond ANY other standard faders out there :thumbsup:

http://innofader.com/products.php?id=12

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Hit Jigz up Monty he'll give you the lo down man. I've had lengthy chats with him about mixers.

Thats the mixer i want Benny but i am not paying £1799 for it just wondering if it is a bad idea buying it from USA.

I want to have my decks DMC style setup again like i use to have them years ago with 2 channels but this time with all the goodies off Serato & effects on the fly & vinyl mixing also,all the 3 faders are non contact magnetic faders (awsome).

I did see it on Juno at one time for £1699 which is a little better i think i am just best of being patient & wait a while.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I've been ogling it since it came out.
So have i mate i can't keep my eyes of it! it is fun just watching someone on it on You Tube,that mixer has made the Hip Hop community very happy & excited it is like the mixer that everyone has been waiting for & same with me!

Here is what i looked into:

Internal Universal Power Supply: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz, 15 W max

I think all you have to do is use the right mains adaptor for you country so these mixers are made for USA UK & some countries in Europe or maybe all Europe.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I did look into buying one (for a very long time) and thought about picking one up on holiday over there, which is probably the best bet, unless you see the uk seller on ebay who's let 2 go for US prices.

I just spent a lot of time looking and reading about them, then decided that it still wasn't my perfect mixer and for the price, it damn well should be, but there's features missing that I really want before spending another penny on a mixer. I'd also agree with Scott that the sound is an acquired taste on rane mixers (at least with the Empath that I've got) so check one out if you can with some reference music and see what you think.

Benny D's mixer is about the best i've ever used and it's the one we all use at Picks. It might not have the fancy dicer style controls that the 62 has, but it's practically perfect in every way for me. I've always said the vestax pro scratch mixers are the best I've ever heard and used though.

Anyway, there's a place in Manchester with a demo room if you want to see if you're happy with the sound, the cut, the controls and whatnot. Don't be surprised if you're stung for vat and duty on the entire cost of your purchase (including postage) either. I did last time I bought a mixer from there and it's a hefty bill. Mixers incur an extra duty charge, so use the online vat and duty calculator to give you a likely cost of getting one to your door.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
The sound of the Rane or any other mixer is the most worring for me also i have never heard/been on one
i do always go for sound first thats why i bought an Allen & Heath but i have had enough of
a club setup feeling locked in not being to do things i relly want to do & faders/knobs in the way.

My question is really about buying from aboard everything about that mixer looks spot on for me
but that price is high then eventually buy one of these coffins:

fzgsbm10wbl-2.jpg

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Well if sound is very important to you Monts, which i'm sure it is, then the only thing I can suggest is demoing one first, preferably side by side with your A&H. I still haven't got used to the sound off the Empath and subsequently I find myself switching to another mixer all the time. It's very bright and sounds horrible and wrong, but then I think ''but Grandmaster Flash put a lot of input into this, so maybe it's my ears as he must play similar stuff quite often''

Have they designed the 62 for commercial plastic pop/dance sounding America/the World, or have they designed it for the grittier underground? That is the question i'll need answering with my own ears before parting cash on another Rane mixer.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
The design is for Hip Hop (battle mixer) i can only test the sound at home in my own surroundings it would be hard in a shop i am not expecting it to sound as good as Allen & Heath i hope it does tho! :cool:

Best thing i can do is wait for the price to drop or wait for a sale maybe end of the year or Jan.

It is time to upgrade to a more technical setup which suits my needs so i can do regular live video slots be nice if Butty changes OSA radio to Webcam Radio! :p

Trigging a sample & scratching with it at the same time throwing a flange (or whatever) on it! i want to do it nnooooowwwwww!!!!!!!!! :p

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Go get it then tiger :thumbsup:

I haven't been keeping up to date with them since I lost interest, but you're unlikely to see prices come down anytime in the next few years unless they aren't selling well, or bring out a newer model. In fact the TTM57's shot up in price once people cottoned onto Serato a few years back.

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
i cant scratch for toffee but i would recommend Rane for any DJ cos i got mine second hand well over 7 years ago and (apart from a bit of static in a the right hand bass EQ and also the AUX knob and sometimes now and again in right hand phono inputs, all of which easily fixed) my Rane is still going strong whilst all other previous mixers died a death well before 7 years.... NO BLEEDING in the faders = mint as fook:king:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
i cant scratch for toffee but i would recommend Rane for any DJ cos i got mine second hand well over 7 years ago and (apart from a bit of static in a the right hand bass EQ and also the AUX knob and sometimes now and again in right hand phono inputs, all of which easily fixed) my Rane is still going strong whilst all other previous mixers died a death well before 7 years.... NO BLEEDING in the faders = mint as fook:king:

Nice Manc! :D i hope your doing well my mate! :) Good to see you posting! :D