Status
Not open for further replies.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
Ive moved servers, i didnt want to to be honest with you because it was a massive bollock ache.. Due to us having the previous server for around 8 years over time its basically become a right mess. It ended up getting holes in it and spammers were using it to as some sort of spam mule. Nice one bum faces..

As a result of this the server ip got blacklisted. It ended up more riddled than superdans undercrackers and there wasnt much i could do apart from get a new server with a fresh os/firewall and lock it down then move all this shiz across.

And so ive been doing this for what feels as long as time began, and its why the site has been up and down so much lately (again a bit like dans undercrackers..). I couldnt explain this before i moved or i may aswel have put a bit of text at the top of the site sayin 'hackers come on in the waters lovely'

Ive now got all the accounts shifted over and we are on a shiny new server, there is bits of osa that will probably be broken if you can let me know on this thread and il pick em off.

The only shit bit is at the minute i cant enable the radio again till not this weekend the weekend after. I owe $70 for shoutcast and i cant afford it this week as my ring peice is still smarting from having to pay for 2 servers at once for the past month lol

So the sites back up but ya gona have to wait for the radio to be back on

Ive still got some bits to sort on this new server but once there done im gonna crack on with getting the proper radio player sorted so we can get rid of that temp one and also a few decent bits to the site that will be swish when ive got em in.

Apologies for the downtime, normal(ish) service has resumed :thumbsup:

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
Gwaaaaaaaan!

“In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”

James Allen (1864-1912)

marco

Mar 27, 2009
Boroughbridge North Yorkshire
Okay I'm a stupid WOP, pressed return before I'd finished typing. Just want to say it will take you as long as it takes. we all still love and support the site so no worries from the masses

Love and Respect

Marco

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
I have a massive bunch of spam IPs that have been collecting since 2008 I can lob ya that you can add to ya ban ip list if ya want mate?
They are mostly using gmail and hotmail email accounts to create endless spam accounts. I know its a pain to block entire types of email addys like hotmail, but if ya put the reason why and ask them to use a different email i think the pros far outweigh the cons.
There's also a small free script about on the net someplace that can block bot spammers that works very well, but i'm not sure how it might work here with vbullitin forums? Just google it and i'm sure you'll find it.

Another trick i have found is to create a group that new members get lobbed in aside from the standard 'new members' group that many bots or spammers seem to slip past. You can set this up so they can't just post without admin viewing etc the same as the standard 'new members' group but they can't slip past both groups and i have found this to be very effective.

Just food for thought, always happy to help.

ps. As Superdans undercaks are mentioned a number of times, are they considered as spam? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.