stone roses 30th june

• Thread starter Deleted member 6141
  • Start date
Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
D

Deleted member 6141

he stone roses @heaton park 30th june. What a gig this was! Forget all the problems about not enough bars (didn't bother me cuz I drove) ,Toilets (which didn't really bThe stone roses @heaton park 30th june. What a gig this was! Forget all the problems about not enough bars,Toilets (which didn't really bother us,thanks to two kind chaps who helped me shield my missus while she answered nature's call) and the transport issues (not affected cuz we drove there) This was an amazing night! we got there towards the end of The Wailers set and caught their last few tunes as we got food and drinks and made our way towards the front. We somehow managed to wangle oursleves to the barrier and we were set.

Beady Eye came on and tbh I wasn't keen but i did enjoy the couple of Oasis tunes they played 'rock n roll star' and 'what's the story.' They were proper singalong moments and some of the best bits of the gig (I never thought I'd hear them played live again :eek: ) , tho Paula loved it from start to finish! A few tunes later and Stone Love out from the speakers,which brought shivers down my spine at the memory of Spike Island and other Roses gigs i've been to and (This is their intro tune for those that don't know)the excitement swept across the 75,000 people there. This was it!

From the opening 'I wanna be adored' the band were amazing. They sounded like they had played together for every day of the 16 years it was since I saw them last and John Squire's guitar work was epic at times adding new licks and riffs to the classic tunes. The 10 minute version of fools gold was my absolute highlight of the whole gig The Stone Roses Heaton Park 30th June Fools Gold - YouTube :cool: The stage show was ace, some of the best visuals i've seen at any gig. The Roses played for an hour and 45 minutes finishing with a great version of 'I am the resurrection' THE STONE ROSES I Am The Resurrection HQ - YouTube . A pretty spectacular firework show and 'Redemption song' (again evoking memories of Spike Island) and that was that. Whether the Roses come out with new material or this was really a cash in, who cares! This was a great gig and one i'll remember for the rest of my life.