olympic torch

• Thread starter Deleted member 6141
  • Start date
Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
D

Deleted member 6141

anyone seen it yet? i saw it going through liverpool yesterday.
577553_10150946075777188_949968261_n.jpg

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I watched it pass the other day, just over a mile from here. We just didn't have the good weather to bring the smiles out, but it was a good once in a lifetime spectacle and nice to see so many people out in the streets lining the route despite that:thumbsup:

Shame the torch appeared to go out near the end of the last runners stint though. It kind of killed the magic that the torches are continuously lit throughout the entire chain of 8000 runners, even though they use a back up system.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
It was a good and positive experience for me. I write from the perspective of someone who went to see it. Too many people are down on it. I also enjoyed the Jubilee Street Party I went to. You get out of stuff, what you put in.

Attachments

• IMG_6339.JPG
    IMG_6339.JPG
    960.8 KB · Views: 109

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
It was a good and positive experience for me. I write from the perspective of someone who went to see it. Too many people are down on it. I also enjoyed the Jubilee Street Party I went to. You get out of stuff, what you put in.

exactly. Not arsed about the torch and i'm not mad keen on having a monarch tbh but thats another issue. Your ideals are spot on. :cool: I forget to have fun when I'm in cynic mode:axe:

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
I held the one that went through Birkenhead. A fella from work brought it in and charged a pound to hold it and take your picture on your phone, me and most others gave a few qiud. The money went to get a holiday for a really poorly little girl. :luv:

Torch is an awesome bit of kit, well impressed with it. I think it was a great idea to raise money for a really good cause and it is a good example of what good the torch and the olympics can do. It's not all about the running jumping and throwing stuff. :thumbsup:

Cant put the picture on here cos i am a techno biff and dont know how to get it from my phone onto here, but trust me i look fookin great holding it!!! :eyebrow: