virgin media downgrade

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Hey guys,got virgin media with sports/movies/broadband/calls unlimited/extra box/hd channels so bill is around £110 a month.Basically i wanna save some serious money but wanna keep me broadband,lookin at around £35 a month,and also if i get the landline switched off can i still keep me broadband as my mobile is contracted.Will be cancelling the lot monday but want to sound like i know what im on about before i ring,any ideas peeps,much appreciated :D

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Hey guys,got virgin media with sports/movies/broadband/calls unlimited/extra box/hd channels so bill is around £110 a month.Basically i wanna save some serious money but wanna keep me broadband,lookin at around £35 a month,and also if i get the landline switched off can i still keep me broadband as my mobile is contracted.Will be cancelling the lot monday but want to sound like i know what im on about before i ring,any ideas peeps,much appreciated :D

I was on OSA radio the other week woke up unconscious in my hall way! i got back up (don't know how long i was out for) walked back to my turntables with radio having no sound (my fault silly me) my needle on my vinyl was at the end of the record...

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
I was on OSA radio the other week woke up unconscious in my hall way! i got back up (don't know how long i was out for) walked back to my turntables with radio having no sound (my fault silly me) my needle on my vinyl was at the end of the record...

haha,you madhead,thanks for the reply

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN

Where was your butler karl?

Long time no speak pal :)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Back on topic :p

Press the option 'are you thinking of leaving us'

Ring them and tell them Sky have offered a dead dead dead cheap deal (you don't even need to tell them how much) and they'll put you through to retentions.

Tell them what you want - maybe the basic telly package and decent broadband speed and they should offer you a loyalty discount (most retentions will give you at least 20% off maybe as much as 30,40 or 50% depending) so you'll be surprised how much money you can save if you play the 'I'm leaving' card ;)

:thumbsup:

BayHam

Registered Member
Aug 20, 2011
Call 151 from your house phone and give them hell ,

Say your not happy with the service and you are seeing better deals elsewhere ( which is true at the moment )
You wont have to be specific and they will tranfere you onto customer retention department.

Be as vague as possible and tell them the other deals are real cheap ,
You should get sorted straight away.

Or do what we did , tell them to cancel then sign up for a new agreement virgin are doing some excellent deals at the moment for new customers.