Hi fellow Old Skool addicts.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BayHam

Registered Member
Aug 20, 2011
Hi there i'm Sim-E, i'm 27 and have been listening to "old skool/retro/classic house"(or whatever you want to call it) since my dad introduced me to it when i was around 14. It led to me liking lots of other genres of dance like electro house, funky house, hard house, hardcore, uk garage and speed garage/funky bassline & organ house which was massively popular in my area(Harrogate) from 2002-2008/9, and which i started playing myself in 2004. After getting my first set of 1210s in 2005 i started collecting old skool vinyl as well as organ & speed garage.I played at various clubs, bars and parties in and around Harrogate over the next few years. The organ/speedy g scene started to die off around 07/08 for me as all the new music just didnt have the same sound to it and i personally thought all the stuff getting released was really cheesey and poorly produced. I then stopped playing and buying records for a year or two(especially as cdjs had more or less completely taken over 1210s by this point)Then i played at a hard dance/house night that a friend was putting on in 2009 and got the bug for mixing again. I started getting massively in to UK Hardcore now and played alongside Sy, Scott Brown & Kurt in '10 at a UK Hardcore night in Harrogate(Xtreme). Then in 2011 was offered a one off set playing my beloved old skool at a classics night called Retro Reborn, and after that i was offered a residency, which was great but due to uncontrollable circumstances the night stopped after 6/7 months. I have also played on various web based radio stations including Shed Radio(defunct), Area51, Kaotic-Ravers, Raving Maniacs and more.Nowadays i play Uk Hardcore mainly but still spin old skool as it was my first love and will always have a special place in my heart,i have recently started collecting old skool vinyl again thanks to discogs etc. thanks for reading my journey through house/dance music. Sim-E

Welcome to osa sim-e :)