Taking Drugs To Music?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdJWn986Bcw]Taking drugs in a night club, Just my opinion, whats yours? - YouTube[/ame]

My opinion is if producers did not take drugs (going right back to the sixites The Beatles etc) we would not have all the great music we have but that is a different topic all together & a big topic if we end up talking about that side of music!

Me personally i am not ashamed of taking drugs i took a lot! fuk me listening to Hardcore on drugs back in the day was the greatest time of my life!!!!!!!!

I even heard that the best poets was Heroin addicts!

What is your opinion on taking drugs to music?

I will get more involved in this want to hear your opinions! before i get called a druggy lol :D

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
just watched that video, not the kind of people I'll be hanging around with. They sound like my grandma doing anti drugs feature on Blue Peter.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
just watched that video, not the kind of people I'll be hanging around with. They sound like my grandma doing anti drugs feature on Blue Peter.

It is freaking awful to hear init Manc! such a small minded video! :S

Like we are the ginny pigs haha!

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I can always remember the tunes played :D

Great music + great drugs (2c varieties obviously) = Great times

As I have always said though... shit/mediocre music + great drugs = average times.

Great drugs won't ever make shit music any better.

That is all :wave:

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Now I know I have only been making music for a short while and still have a lot to learn but all my music I have made I was straight, (This being because I lived in Guernsey (Mini Guantanamo Bay) and could never get hold of some smoke, (Not into serious hardcore drugs)

I find if im on it I think totally outside the box and can't wait to hear what my music will be like out here now that I have more freedom to do what I would like & New Zealand influences. I'm just waiting for my shipment to come out, Im itching to get back on it.

I have since listened to my music while under the influence and find I hear more things within my music than i did when straight, I think this is a good thing.

So yeah in my opinion under whatever you choose to do will deff broaden your mind.

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Martin Hamnett... enough said...

personally i feel i hear more depth to the music when i listen to it mind altered, mixes seem more seemless, I pick out things i normally dont notice and i love the ride a good baseline gives.... good times:D

Exactly, your mind is much more opened and each and every time you listen to a tune or set you deffo hear some thing else every time you listen to them

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
drugs fuck you up...end of...it was great and lots of fun yes...but , I for one, am left in a less than stable state of mind and have a major problem dealing with the real world nowadays...love the music, and it wouldn't have gone down the way it did without one or the other...but I miss what it looks like other people have, and thats the truth.

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
drugs fuck you up...end of...it was great and lots of fun yes...but , I for one, am left in a less than stable state of mind and have a major problem dealing with the real world nowadays...love the music, and it wouldn't have gone down the way it did without one or the other...but I miss what it looks like other people have, and thats the truth.

Heavy! Did you hit it hard?

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc

sorry to hear that dude:(

BayHam

Registered Member
Aug 20, 2011

Sorry to hear that :)