Graeme Park 1991.10.06 @ hacienda

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

kofiluca

Sep 7, 2008
Hi,
Are you sure this is Parky ( I am only half way though first side!)?
Reason I ask is that mixing is a little dodgy in bits - and this was his peak era of smooth story telling mixing.
Secondly some of the tunes are not atypical Parky from this era.
Thirdly I would have this date down as a Friday night. (Infact they do sound more like 'Shine' Pickering esque tunes)
Cheers
:confused:

Hi,
Are you sure this is Parky ( I am only half way though first side!)?
Reason I ask is that mixing is a little dodgy in bits - and this was his peak era of smooth story telling mixing.
Secondly some of the tunes are not atypical Parky from this era.
Thirdly I would have this date down as a Friday night. (Infact they do sound more like 'Shine' Pickering esque tunes)
Cheers
:confused:

definately a Parky... 100% due to the person i got it from...

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
6th Oct 1991 was a Sunday... so fits in with GP playing Sat night\Sun Morn. Tape starts with a few tracks I've not heard before and seems a different style from usual but after there are tracks that GP was definitely playing. :)

1. ??? - "that's the way love goes"
2. O.D.C. 'My Mind Is Going' (Total Insanity Mix)
3. Ingrid Chavez 'Elephant Box' ..what mix?
4. World Series of Life 'Spread Love' (Club Version)
5. Nomad 'Something Special' ..what mix?
6. Tyrrel Corporation 'Six O'Clock' (Ultimate Mix)
7. Secchi 'Keep On Jammin'' (Loading Mix)
8. E-Lustrious 'Dance No More' (Not A Piano In Sight Mix)
9. C + C Music Factory 'Things That Make You Go Hmmm...' (C&C Classic House Mix)
10. Members of the House 'These Are My People' (Rainbow Mix)
11. The Reese Project 'Direct Me' (Joey Negro Remix)

11. The Reese Project 'Direct Me' (Joey Negro Remix)
12. ??? - "lift me up\higher" "it's you" "there's no one for me but you"
13. Dannii Minogue 'Baby Love' (Silky 70's Dub) ..mix needs confirming
14. DSK 'What Would We Do' (Hurley's Extended Remix)
15. ??? - copies LH 'Hit N Run' bassline\riff. On other recently up'd sets inc. Tom Wainwright 15 Nov '91
16. Unique 3 'No More' (Sasha's Dub Tip Mix)
17. Inner City 'Let It Reign' (Altern 8 Know The Score Mix)
18. ??? - "why don't you" familiar vocal samples... Jocelyn B?
19. Sounds Of Blackness 'The Pressure' (Real Disco Mix)
20. Joey Negro 'Do What You Feel' (Expanded Mix)
21. Margaret Conway 'Sure Shot' (Todd Terry UK Club Mix)
22. Motherland 'Love Games' (Satoshi Tomiie Alternate Dub)

#3 is this mix, but track length doesn't match anything on discogs...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcSH3FL96VU]Ingrid Chavez - Elephant Box (Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: pleg

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
6th Oct 1991 was a Sunday... so fits in with GP playing Sat night\Sun Morn. Tape starts with a few tracks I've not heard before and seems a different style from usual but after there are tracks that GP was definitely playing. :)
Listened to this again a couple of times recently and didn't think it sounded much like GP. Maybe it's from early on in the night? Maybe it's been mis-labled? :S

Timbo21

Apr 10, 2011
That tracklisting does look like what GP was playing at that time.

I used to work at an audio post production place where we did CD mastering as well as cassette copies for record companies. One of the clients was Ten Records and the guy from there used to bring GP's tapes in every week that GP had done. Some were definitely done at the Hacienda and were labelled as such. I think others may have been done at home. I used to always grab a copy for myself ;)

I've got absolutely tons of them from 91 - 93 I think it was the peak of Garage at that time. Just amazing tunes.
He loved his Hurley mixes . I remember 90% of those tunes being on his tapes.

When GP put his mind to it his mixing was awesome. However, some of the tapes the mixing was very lazy at times. One week it would be amazing, the next maybe not so good, and with clashing out of tune strings, etc.

As with all creative stuff, very few Dj's always delivered blinding sets.

Timbo21

Apr 10, 2011
Just listened to the first half.

The mixing is very bad. The tunes are definitely ones Parky played. I remember there being some tapes with poor mixing, but not as bad as that. I think it is him. He's just probably off his face.

Remember those first 3 tunes so well from his tapes. We just could never figure out where they came up with 'Rolling around in an elephant box' and why would you want to? :confused: :love:

Last edited:
That tracklisting does look like what GP was playing at that time.

I used to work at an audio post production place where we did CD mastering as well as cassette copies for record companies. One of the clients was Ten Records and the guy from there used to bring GP's tapes in every week that GP had done. Some were definitely done at the Hacienda and were labelled as such. I think others may have been done at home. I used to always grab a copy for myself ;)

I've got absolutely tons of them from 91 - 93 I think it was the peak of Garage at that time. Just amazing tunes.
He loved his Hurley mixes . I remember 90% of those tunes being on his tapes.

When GP put his mind to it his mixing was awesome. However, some of the tapes the mixing was very lazy at times. One week it would be amazing, the next maybe not so good, and with clashing out of tune strings, etc.

As with all creative stuff, very few Dj's always delivered blinding sets.

Cheers for the info and welcome to the forum... there are tonnes of hac sets on here so feel free to grab them... and if you have any of the gaps, we never turn them away;)

Timbo21

Apr 10, 2011
If I had a cassette deck I'd think of uploading some of my tapes.

They were all really good quality, but don't know how well they've kept in the garage for the last 12 years.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
If I had a cassette deck I'd think of uploading some of my tapes.

They were all really good quality, but don't know how well they've kept in the garage for the last 12 years.

Get a tape deck then! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What tapes have you got fella?

daisy1goodleg

Jun 11, 2011
graeme park 1991.10.06

hi
i've reqested access to download this mix please grant access asi would love to add it to my collection
thanks
daisy1goodleg :):):):):):):):):):):)