• Thread starter Deleted member 6141
  • Start date
Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
D

Deleted member 6141

taken from the guardian

The four-time Olympic gold-medal winner Sir Chris Hoy has revealed that despite his rise to prominence as one of the world's most recognisable track cyclists it still hasn't prevented football fans from hurling abuse at him.

Hoy has said football fans regularly send him insulting Twitter messages after mistaking him for Chris Foy, the Premier League referee who made a number of contentious decisions during Spurs' 2-1 defeat to Stoke on Sunday, including turning down two penalty appeals for handball and sending off the Tottenham defender Younès Kaboul.

"Just for the record 1) I don't need glasses and 2) I do not lead a double life as an English premier league ref. That's Chris Foy," Hoy tweeted. He continued to protest his innocence, adding: "Still getting some rather amusing grief from Spurs fans! On the plus side I've learned some new 4 letter words today. #FoyNotHoy."

Hoy recently won gold in the sprint in the first of the World Cup series in Kazakhstan as he prepares for the Olympics, where he can expect nothing but good luck messages on his Twitter feed, providing Foy is not overseeing any of the Olympic football matches.
:rofl: