OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Thread: Amazon kindle

Amazon kindle

Thinking of getting one of these for my son.
    To be honest he hardly reads but this may encourage him to do more reading.
    Anyone purchased a kindle and if so are they any good also how do you pay for books,is it like a itunes voucher or do you need to add bank details.Have read some details about them on amazon but wanted a hands on opinion from somebody who owns one....Thanks...

Ive just bought one for my daughter for crimbo, not opened it yet tho

You can download books via wifi off amazon and its linked to your amazon account, so whatever payment cards you have on there you can use

You can have some sort of internet cloud space as well I think to store the books on as well if you want

There are loads of sites to download free books as well

You also have the option of using torrents or newsgroups to get many books old and new in the kindle MOBI format (altho it reads other formats as well), then just usb it to the kindle itself, assuming its got a usb, sure it has

But I do not condone this behaviour of course

My erin loves reading, it will be a really cool prezzie for her this year

http://www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
    My mixes free to download and now, OSA Radio Archive of past mix shows and my Old Skool Ringtones!

One of my nephew's got one for his birthday, but haven't seen him since to ask how he got on with it.

I downloaded a few books onto my phone, but I didn't take to the electronic version. Much prefer the real thing personally, but if it would encourage kids to read then that would be a good thing, but for 90 you could probably buy up to 30 great 'as new' books from Amazon, including postage

Looking for the perfect beat.

i have one and I absolutely love it and read more books because of it

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    i have one and I absolutely love it and read more books because of it
    Amy has one and her face is permanently stuck to it.. Plenty of free books online too apparently..
    Party people your dreams have now been fulfilled..
    Get your ass up and lets get ill!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...p?id=706576471 <<< My Facbook.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7095287&ref=mf <<< Picks Facebook page.

Yeah I prefer actual books myself, Im old skool in more ways than one
    'Old' being the operative word lol

http://www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
    My mixes free to download and now, OSA Radio Archive of past mix shows and my Old Skool Ringtones!

We have been having a convo about this round our gaff loads. I just can't do it me. I am a massive reader and for me a book is like a record. Sure, there are 'easier' or quicker/cheaper ways of getting the same thing, but is it really the same thing.

A good book in a full on experience imho. I like to touch it, stretch the spine and hear it crack, smell the musty pages. I love the way i carry a book i am reading at the mo around, from room to room on the off chance i might sly a page in. I love getting well -read and appreciated books off a shelf years later and knowing the crinkly pages came from some long bath with candles where i was that enthralled by the story i sat till the water was cold and i had wrinkly new born skin. Or the way a big crumb of something, pressed tightly in-between pages gives a clue to some hurridiely made butty devoured whilst lost in another world.

I could just never get that with Kindle. The same way as there is some kind of ceremony attached to pulling a record out of it's sleeve and listening to the sounds it produces, so is there to opening a book and getting sucked in to the story that is told in those rough papery pages.

Dont be robbed in this country buy from the States and get the Kindle Fire which aint getting released here as far as Im aware.

Much better bang for your buck, in colour and running Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-Tablet/dp/B0051VVOB2"]Kindle Fire - Full Color 7&quot; Multi-Touch Display with Wi-Fi - More than a Tablet[/ame]
    It sometimes feels like a strange movie, you know, it's all so weird that sometimes I wonder if it is really happening.