consumer use cd-r/cd-rw

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Got a pionner cd recorder and wanted to record a mix.Basically the cds i got wont work(professional comes up on cd recorder) ,checked manual and it says that only consumer use cds work on it,,,:confused: .Any one know were i can get these from...Many thanks....:D

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Got a pionner cd recorder and wanted to record a mix.Basically the cds i got wont work(professional comes up on cd recorder) ,checked manual and it says that only consumer use cds work on it,,,:confused: .Any one know were i can get these from...Many thanks....:D

Just,got some,not cheap

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
cdr

These are great and a fraction of the cost of what they where when they first came out I think I paid 400 quid for mine way back I use mine for recording mixes and live concerts off telly and karaoke loadsa connections on the back you have to use audio discs instead but quality of the sound is brilliant.

the only downside is 80mins on disc but apart from that there good for what they are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

richer sound where doing the discs for buttons but like yaself I got a shite load online..

Sim-E

Oct 3, 2011
soundcloud.com
cdr & recording sets

I always record my sets using my desktop in wav format, but when i upload them to sites like soundcloud/house-mixes.com i always convert them to 320mp3 because most people wont download a wav cos of the file size of it. I always burn the wav file to disc to listen to though that way i get the best possible sound on disc.

I always make sure my mixes are 79mins or less so that they always fit on a cd too :)