Join now

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Courtneys 17th Aug 2002

Quick review on the night

1st big shout to Joker and Tonks for making it down from the board

We had a wicked night, I got a couple of hours on the decks, it was pretty full and had plenty Old Skoolers in there.

I played varied kinds of music, from classic old skool to pumpin nu skool, threw all sorts of stuff into the mix me and butty did

We well had em rockin!! RESULT

Butty played to his usual high standard, and I did OK too I suppose:p

This place is a like a large bar but with a club atmosphere, get down there, we had a right crack, and I hope to be on their again soon.

More peeps from the board tho please!!:D

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
Just to add I've been down a couple of times on fri and saturday

met butty and woody of the board and had a top time each time I've been

If your in manchester well worth popping in

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
aye bloody good night it was - ste il review ur set

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

there will that do lol

erm i cant remember much of it coz i taterd a bottle of wine after it :axe: but from what i can remember aye u had 2 peel people off the walls by the time me n ste finished with em - we did half an hour each from 10 - 1.30. i coverd most of the 'anthems' to keep the townies happy aswel as throwin on sum cheeky monkeys and ste well what can i say - crakkin dj n theres no doubt hel b back in that tiny tiny booth real soon :)

the highlight of the night for me tunewise must have been a tag team mix that me n ste did he had on frank de wulf with keep on pumpin it up acca over the top - it was my half an hour so we was feelin brave (prolly sumet to do with the b52 shooters we was hammerin most of the evenin) n so ste stopped frank de wulf n let the masses rock to a bird wailin on her own n i whooped in pcp 2 - that whitney tune while the acca was still goin, i rekon in future when me n ste play we shud wear matchin leotards - now thatd b a sight!! (n summet ste has already prolly tried at sum point :fekked: ) lol

all in all a great night that is getting better week in week out - not used to a club in manchester that aint full of attitude and im sure in time it will only get bigger and better :D

Tonksi

Jul 18, 2001
Me Flat with our Kes..proper bo'!
'Going Back To My Roots': Courtneys, Manchester: REVIEW

'Going Back To My Roots': Courtneys, Manchester

After arriving at Courtneys at about 9 pm we entered the club which had a nice relaxed atmosphere (sorry peeps no glowsticks or vicks in here,just a great vibe and top tunes), the club itself is spacious and feels like you can go for a dance or just kick back with your mates and have a laugh.

The night itself is new only starting a few weeks back, but already the night is going from strength to strength.
Already boasting impressive DJ's that have played there including Rick Jones, Welly, Butty, Ste Huxley and Recca, these DJ's know their tunes and never fail to impress with their quality of old skool and mixing talent.

After attending several nights there I was suprised by the variation of club classics played(You'll never hear a tune played twice here folks), each set unique in its own way, they've got a winning combo in having all the DJs being friends so they can just jump in and have a back to back with each other or do individual sets, whatever takes their fancy.

I would highly reccomend this night because of its crowd atmosphere(you'll see what I mean if you take a visit) and solid gold tunes all night.

So if your in the Manchester area ...check it out...You won't be dissapointed.

'Going Back To My Roots' is on @ Courtneys, Manchester (behind Kendals) every Friday and Saturday night 8 pm till 1:30 am.

woody

its fookin wicked m8.....no where in town is like it

last friday was absoutely rockin...the best night yet!
the place was paced from 9.30 until the end and although most peeps just used to go as an "inbetweeny pub" before going somewhere else....its now gettin to the stage where they either just come to courtneys or go sumwhere else first

trust me m8 if you're into yer tunes you'll feckin love it

plus happy hour till ten and more fittys than u can shake a shitty stick at

which is always good;) ;)

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
I was quite surprised with the size of the place - Its quite big inside int it - good venue. Definitely the highlight of my night out even tho it werent supposed to be as good as the Friday, still best pub in Manc by a long way. No problems gettin served, Beer was better priced.

Its one of them where ya walk in and think to yerself..."Ya! This is my sort of place" And you feel at home straight away