Project I am Working On

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
My mate who is a really talented musician he plays guitar,drums,makes music for games etc he is in a band & he is a producer,at the moment he is making music for a documentary he has asked me to make some music also so i have been working on this project,the documentary is called Quest For The Backflip about a guy on a BMX going for a backflip & will be aired around europe.

Quest For The Backflip.

Extreme.com - Gives you the best high quality extreme sports video and all the latest news and events from the world of action sports.

I have made 2 tunes for this documentary which are around 3 minutes long i did want to make 3 the third being a Drum & Bass tune,i am going to try to get the third one done as i was only told about this a week ago,i don't know if they will accept my tunes yet i have these 2 tunes ready to give to my mate tonight if they do not accept them i will be turning them into full tunes anyway & starting my Record Label but this would be a boost if they get on this documentary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luA7iJ0IFzU]Monty - Cosmic Dreamer (Breaks) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zcEnwOQXaQ]Monty - Anticipation (Dubstep) - YouTube[/ame]

LOVE Cosmic Dreamer... it's like a modern take on Italo Disco... the same synth & melody hookiness but with some kickin beats & b line :thumbsup:

You should DEFFO extend this out (& send me a copy ;) )

The dub step tune - liking the non dubstep bits - v atmospheric... & reminds me of this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GFIb8nLaQ4]Tolerance - Chamber Of Secrets - YouTube[/ame]

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Fookinell monty,really good them,deffo with shooms on the cosmic dreamer,massive fan of the italo disco sound and this one has a smidging of class written all over it.Ya dont just talk the talk,ya proof is in the pudding.Well done....:thumbsup: :D

LOVE Cosmic Dreamer... it's like a modern take on Italo Disco... the same synth & melody hookiness but with some kickin beats & b line :thumbsup:

You should DEFFO extend this out (& send me a copy ;) )

phones: Yep this blew me away when Shoomflaps played it me last week. Love the bit at 1:30 :cool:

loving the Italo Electroness too :D

and send me a 7 minute version too :thumbsup: :p

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Cheers guys for having a listen! :D

I will work on this 3rd tune (Drum & Bass) then i will get on with Cosmic Dreamer & turn it into a full tune!

I forgot to add thats a cracking tune you have posted Shooms! ;)

Last edited:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
cosmic dreamer is excellent monty, well done m8 :thumbsup: u can actually visualise someone stunting on a bmx :) would be good to hear another version with a 4/4 beat n a slight tweek on the bassline to fit in with italo disco, if you catch my drift. top job done :)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
cosmic dreamer is excellent monty, well done m8 :thumbsup: u can actually visualise someone stunting on a bmx :) would be good to hear another version with a 4/4 beat n a slight tweek on the bassline to fit in with italo disco, if you catch my drift. top job done :)

Thanks for having a listen & for the feedback :thumbsup:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
yeah man...lovin the bassline (cosmic dreamer) propper bouncy...lol..you can tell your an old school nutt, what synth did you use? propper lovin the strings at 1:00 aswell, souds like they're transformed in...Anticipation is really well put together, huge sound aswell...you must be pleased man. I was always a tad too self critical about my stuff and tended to stick to mixing tracks and short remixes...mind you, things have advanced scince Akai s950's and Atari ST...any chance of sticking the music with picture up on youtube.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Got the DVD documentary (Quest For The Backflip) sent to me this week that my music is on i have been waiting a while for i have made a You Tube video off the 2 clips when my music was playing! It was a documentary that was shown on Extreme Sports Channel all over Europe.

adamz

Aug 28, 2012
W-wa
Sweeet Monty man! It's not easy to compose a track that would fit the vibe of comissioned work. You nailed it.
It's also not really distracting from the show. Don't get me wrong but tracks like these (i mean played on top of somebodys speaking) can't make people start listening to soundtrack. It would make no sense for making the documentary in first place. I hope you know what i mean. Tho the second clip was just epic, like music video.
You're pro Monty \o/

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Cheers! Perkins & Adamz :D

I have just started to make tunes with my mate again but this time we have a singer she is a professional pianist also so just got to get some tunes finished & get them on Beatport etc