Retro Trax Charity night

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Fucking amazing night, from start to finish.. Picked up Slaggy at 7.30 and got to the Acadamy at 8.30 ish

Straight through the doors and the choons were pumpin', I think it was Nick Sheldon but i cant be sure as i didnt get near the stage for about an hour as we got accosted by all the the usual crew.. Finno, Bren Laa, Mr Ben, Shazzoh and Lee and loads more of us lot sorry if i aint mentioned anyone but it was all a blur... :p

A quick meet with Ian for raffle tickets and Tickle to arrange passes to all areas and we were away!

Surprise of the night was Tag.. Sorry mate until you spoke and i recognised yer voice i didn't realise it was you with the new haircut!

Quote of the night from Tag.. "What the fuck has Finno had? Its the scene from Rise of The Foot Soldier" :mad:
I looked over and it really fuckin' was Finno and Bren had been mooching around from the beggining, we looked over and they were tryin' to wear the floor out and punching the air! :thumbsup:

Everyone played an absolute Blinder, the PA's were amazing and Marshal took the Roof off
But to me, sets of the night go joint to Barrie And John J.. To go on after Cee Cee and Marshall and absolutly fucking smash it like they did took some doing!
After Johns set we went backstage with Slaggy where he had the place in tears of laughter:
Imagine a fairly serious conversation leading to Dave Clough stating.. I eat like a horse, me...
Larras... What? You tie a bag full of grub around your neck?
Silence....
Everyone stares at Slaggy
Then every fucker just erupted with laughter

And Larragon again... pointing to Ce Ce.. Im sat in a room with the Godfathers of House!

Fucking ace night
Cheers to ian lisa and miriam for sorting out the backstage hospitality :thumbsup:

Penelope

Aug 25, 2009
Maaaaaanchester, maaan!
Have to agree with that 31 bloke lol

Was a brilliant night, well done Ian and Lisa all your hard work paid off again.
Gutted to hear about the 'missing money' tho.
Do have to give a mention to Maggie who not only was brilliant on stage but is a lovely lovely person and went out of her way to earn that extra £100!

Top night, Top mates, Top music! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Another Larragoon moment
We were sat in the car with Mark & German, German talking about his Fishing trip to Ireland
German, we were fishing for Pollock and caught some massive pollock
Larras: Pollocks!

German: no mate its true... Oh

Cue the full car breaking out in laughter :mad:

Also a massive thank you to Miriam for the laughs and the family photo, will treasure it.

And to Superdan and the gorgeous Vee and Claire for taking us in and looking after us at ridiculousOclock You lot are stars xx

D

Deleted member 6141

BUS STOP WANKER!!!! supersoaker drivebys.eat like a horse. ever licked an E?. pollocks.batman.c*** off.orrible cnut! i'm goin home. i dont take Es.if you dont go now ya fooked,ya mates are goin home without ya."just got to go downstairs n get my vip pass" "ok then,on you go" and so much more. :D :D :D meeting fino laa,nick sheldon nice to meet you sir.blasts from the past tall pall,mr ben,tag. Barrie j pleasure as always :king:.some usual faces bren, shazza (ace as fook to see lee back out again) the yorkshire mob crowther(mpc)thanks dude:cool: ,hikkyb,ben fisher n kelly fookin G ace pezzie AKH:love: foxymaphone(vinyldoctor) all the Djs rocked, from Ben fisher who made sure the next DJ had to be on his game with a really nice opening set. right thru the night all the DJs were on it n the dancefloor was rammed.cant remember a tune that was played apart from orangelemon i love that bastid soo thanks to whoever played it.I was a bit dissapointed with mike knowler's set tho the quadrant park tunes i remember where more mean n moody than racing uplifting piano but he had the dance floor rockin so maybe he was playing to his crowd. Ce Ce rogers left me gobsmacked!!! he really was THAT good and thorughly nice guy to boot. :king: as was maggie from scarlet fantastic i missed her pa but she was ace. find the vid on youtube or my FB wall. we had a couple of js downstairs n i second what dave said about her:love:.now to the thank you's dave n max;) for the driving and the laffs,kelly for the top birthday prezzie, tickle for the family portriat i will treasure forever (or till i lose my keys lol) and the do you remember whens. crowther n gaz they know why. ian n co for putting the night on. superdan n vee for the puttin up of us.and everyone else who made it a proper night to remember. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: roll on the retrotax festival next year

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
mi7.gif
And we're still none the wiser!
Provisionally not guilty until evidence that proves otherwise is produced..

Oh eye Bazzoh ya twat, i'd forgot about you telling Tickle and Larra we'd fooked off without them...
Top effort!
mi7.gif

D

Deleted member 6141

mi7.gif
And we're still none the wiser!
Provisionally not guilty until evidence that proves otherwise is produced..

Oh eye Bazzoh ya twat, i'd forgot about you telling Tickle and Larra we'd fooked off without them...
Top effort!
mi7.gif

yeah barrie its starting to look like you were the :condom: :cops:

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
I feel so blessed and lucky to have such a bunch of nutters as my mates ! :)

Anyway here is my review.

Bit of a mad one on the coach with me and 22 others (sure you can guess what that was like).

Arrived just in time to catch most of Ben`s set hip house styleee - you were well out of your comfort zone mate but you did well and so glad you enjoyed it.

Heard Nick Sheldon play for the first time, well impressed with some classy tuneage and nicely followed Ben. Then on to the man like Pezz, a DJ I rate highly and he didn`t disappoint. Mike Knowler played some quad anthems.

Then one of the highlights as Marshalll Jefferson played some quality house, many of his own classic tunes and he had the crowd going for it.

As for CeCe Rogers - terrifiic voice, fantastic performance and all round nice guy. It was both an honour and a pleasure to meet such legends as Marshall and CeCe.

Despite the decks/ mixer set up not being ideal (in fact it was a nightmare) managed to bang out a few anthems and a few lesser known tunes.

John J, my partner in crime of many years followed me and got it just right - especially as this was his first visit to a Retro-Trax night. Ash followed and kept the dance floor pumping. First time I have heard you play mate and you did well!!

The only set I sort of missed was Steve Parry as I was being entertained by all the usual suspects and enjoying the warm hospitality from the hosts Ian and Lisa (and massive respect and thanks for having me play my little part at Retro-Trax)

Thanks to all those that turned up - I ain`t going to name you all - good to see the familiar faces, some I have not seen for time and plenty of new faces too - cheers !!!

Hope you all had as good a night as I did.

See you at the Retro-Trax Festival in 2012 - this will be IMMENSE !!