Love 4 Life 19th-22nd August (Cornwall)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Entropy92

Aug 8, 2001
Stoke
Not very good at doing reviews anyway but here goes. First off big thank you to our neighbours for the weekend Helen and Dave for organizing the event, everyone had an amazing time.
Got picked up by Jason67, who ive never met before, he had sorted out the hire car for the weekend and although hes a plastic scouser from alsager its fair to say hes a very nice bloke and we hit it off. Not to many problems with the traffic, we did hit a bit on the m6 because of the V festival but that was soon overcome.
Landed at the festival around 4pm met Helen and Dave at the gates and amazingly she new exactly who i was which was quite bizarre. Then we got told alex and debs were the only ones here (from O.S.A.) and they were camped at the bottom of the site. The site itself was about 5-6 acres and surrounded by trees on all sides, perfect really, then in the middle you had 2 big dance tents, 2 food bars and something else which ended up being used as a 3rd dance tent. Mr Radish and Adam got down there an hour later followed by the manc and blackburn crew Superdan, Vee, Antz, Liz, Simon, Tony his misses (sorry cant remember her name) and there little man.
Friday night i couldnt tell you who played apart from one which stood out a mile for us, No mark, apparently he plays on pirate revival he played a blinding set. Shooms played aswell he was wank pmsl. Had a really good night stayed up till about 5am even tho the music stopped around 1-2am.
Saturday got up around 11 Jason suggested we go into town to get something to eat and find a pub for the liverpool game so we got a taxi into Camborne nice town was only about 4 miles away we got back late afternoon and straight into the tunes again another brilliant night, again i dont know who played although i remember getting back for northern stars set as she would of battered us if we didnt. Spent a lot of the night in superdans tent on a session.
Sunday woke up about 12 decided to go back into town to get some food and watch the man city match Alex, debs,Simon and Liz came down to us a bit later and we got back to the campsite around 6pm tbh i wasnt really in the mood for listening to tunes by then so we just got a few cds on and chilled around the tent most of the night with a lot of strangers from london and manchester.
And thats what ive managed to piece together so far, feel free to add if u were there :fekked:

Last edited:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
You are shit at reviews lol :p it was mine and als tent you trashed hhahaha....had a good laugh after hours with everyone the tent seemed to fit everyone in snuggly.

We landed down Fri lunch time it was belting sunshine and we picked our spot and set up camp.......i spent the most part running around the field away from the hoard of wasps that seemed to have found out the location of party and decided to join in the fun in their droves :mad: :$ Still it was entertaining for everyone else... :p

Had a mooch up to the marque area and had a nosey and then we got to know our neighbours... simon spaceface and mol...jason and matt......top folk and made it an ace wk end...... was camped right next to vee, dan and antz who were joined by tony and tracy and little man freddie.....:love:

Everyone was very very drunk before heading up to the music so it was defo party time when we did...... some farkin ace tunes being played....remember shooms buzzin like a looney behind the decks......i love watching a dj have fun.......how tough was the reverb off the tent.....sound like three rooms of music from behind the decks......but loved the tunes i was bounching like a loon.......adam kept up the tunage after shooms and my legs were sore after that cus i just couldnt sit still......cheers guys.......

much the same on sat......the sun did eventually come out and so did the wasps who all seemed to have the same hangover as me and were being a right royal pain in the butt...still they kept me on my toes......as i was feeling a bit nervous.....i went up with my tunes at 3 started a bit late as the chap who played before asked if i could let his last tune play out which ended up being about 9 mins long so i didnt get chance to play the last two records of my set.....had a couple of wonky mixes and missed drops but i think it went ok considering :p alex played after me and did a superb job as usual.....he makes it look so easy grrr lol......but it was class.......we all had a few drinkys outside after which was nice as the sun was hot and the mood was good.

We cameback up a little later on after having a camp break and came to listen to chris radish in the other tent which was really good.....wasnt sure how my legs woould hold up after fri night but again the tunes kept me there and dancing.....cant remember what time we came away fro the marque area on sat night it was very late tho and we all came back to our tent......till 6am in the morning - bong - bong.... nuff said bout that un lol.

Sun was another nice day but i was washed out by now...all partied in lol but we did get to the pub to have a few drinks and a curry :$ (i just cant resist can i) it was a real clear night and the temp had dropped a lot in the evening so we lit a small camp fire and it was so lovely having loads of us all huddled round it having a giggle and a storey or two to tell..........:thumbsup:

Just want to thank helen and dave for hosting these events cus they are really worth the effort to go......we always have a fab time and meet some very crazy characters :thumbsup:

Thanks to shoomie and vee for the tunes.......and thanks to all our lot for making it a tip top wk end :love:

Entropy92

Aug 8, 2001
Stoke
yes thats a much better review :thumbsup: didnt realise simon was spaceface on here, what a nice bloke. Didnt realise it was your tent either lol, well smart that was, we didnt trash it btw i was a perfect guest, i even left u lot my torch and stumbled back to mine in the dark that night

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Planina pod golico, Slovenia
Can't really add much to what Debs and Mol have already written. This is partly due to their well thought out reviews, and also the fact that I was so wasted most (all) of the time I can't remember what actually went on. :confused:
What I can say is that is was really a top weekend from start to finish!!Although I've not been to an event like that for a very long time, (and it took me 3 days to recover) I had a truly fantasic time.
I also got to meet some of the people from here (I would love to list you all but for fear of forgetting a couple of names I won't:$ )
What I am quite proud of is I acutally managing to hear all of the sets which were played by the DJ's from this site. phones: So a big thank you to you and all of the other DJ's that played during the weekend.
A big thank you also must go to Helen and Dave who put on L4L. They really did pull out all the stops to make it a festival that must be repeated next year. :wave:

And finally sorry for my ramblings about the M6 game......:D

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Well what an amazing event, thank you sooooo much Helen & Dave, had such a blast. Pretty much everything has been said above. We got there bout 5 ish and set up shop.

Nice lil area next to everybody else, which was nice. If you haven't been to one of these evcents yet then you need to go, full of weird, wonderful and exciting ppl.

Met some ace ppl too, Simon & Liz, Jason (Mad as a twatter M6 game, A,B,C rating) 67. Nice to finally meet Mol in person and his mate who I cant remember his name??

Sunday it all got even more bonkers as we spent most of the day in the techno tent. Radish saved us by sorting the necessary out (nice one)

Aways good to see Alex, Debs, Adam, Radish, Sonic92 and Maria (Who was stung by a wasp as soon as she got to our tent, lol)

The whole weekend was finished off nicely with a lil camp fire with a new business venture created called 'Alex Got Wood' lol

The first prize fire making goes to Mol and his crew who just chucked halkf the woods in the niddle of their tent area, how you didn't set it all on fire is a miracle but was funny.

Erm, loads of other good points but memory has been shot, lol. Just one more for ya, after ordering a bowl of porridge for Vee and waiting 15 mins, Antz went back to the stall to ask where it was to which he got 'yes sir, what can i get you?' Erm, I've already ordered porridge?

'Oh shit, sorry totaslly forgot' .......................... Briliant!!!

Cant wait for next year.

Cheers to all involved and to Vee, Antz, Tony, Trace & Freddie for an absolutely awesome time.

veee

Apr 25, 2004
ont rampage
:worm: wow! probs the best place to start! :love: :king:

haven't really got enough words for just how much of a fantastic time i had!!

got there friday, all tanked up and a bit delayed by the darn traffic, met up with every one and pitched the tent, can't really remember much from friday but i do know the plan to get some sleep never went ahead, lol. lovely to meet simon and liz, and mol and jason and the other chap, really sorry but i think i've done well thus far, lol. great to see shooms as it always is and debs and alex, couldn't of asked for lovelier peeps to be set up with :love:
shame sonic92 and maria the lovely pair could'nt be camped with us tho, got in trouble for my stint up at yours!

also dont remember all that much music wise apart from debs doing sterling yet a surprisingly pianoey set (thanks!) and mr bennett who's set i surprisingly really enjoyed most, lol! also shooms, always bang on tunewise :king: , and lovely to watch!! mr radish, well done for trying to step shit up a gear, shame it didn't hold out! and adam for doing well too! gold star each!phones:

helen and dave, :love: :king: you guys are amazing and i love you both lots for making all the nonsense possible!
raver of the weekend goes to fred!:king:
jason, gutted to miss ur moment of glory, i'll make sure to be there next time, lol
beautiful fairy lady:love: , double lady whom i ate my words to (who i think were both in disguise as sweet!):fekked: , crazy recurring dubstep chap:thumbsup: , mad guy in suit struggling with his tent for about a day:crazy: , alex and dan putting full trees on the fire:cops: , stoned twice in a row and surviving:mexican: (thanks debs, lol), the maddest tune i ever heard, duck style techno, wtf, man in dress in feotal position (whom i believe to be called matt) and his beautiful little wiggle of enjoyment!, lovely random nonsense from start to finish!!!

think thats all i remember for now......

THANKS LOADS EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!!

x v x

D

Deleted member 6141

Antz went back to the stall to ask where it was to which he got 'yes sir, what can i get you?' Erm, I've already ordered porridge?

'Oh shit, sorry totaslly forgot' .......................... Briliant!!!

:rofl:

i know that cnut :D

Last edited by a moderator:

alexbennett

Aug 11, 2005
Kidderminster
www.mixcloud.com
I had a great time too, i think deb reviewed it for the both of us...
Its was also a great honour to DJ there which tops the weekend off,
great reveiws from Dan and Vee , Alexs Lumberjack and Woodchippery LTD lool...
Brilliant to see so many OSAers there
Mol,Jase,Mr and Mrs Radish W.Vee,Dan ,And the great shoomz
Sorry we didnt say hello to Sonic and the missus we didnt know it was u guys :(,

Great great time !! Great sets From the missus ,(shes ace!!!!!) Radish Shooms and Adam W...

We would love 2 play again and will certainly be there again either way!
Well done Dave & Helen for such a fantastic event!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
Great to read the reviews so far! What a fantastic weekend, me and Maria had a blast. Last years L4L was brilliant but the change of location, the set up and the people who came and partied this year meant that the event surpassed last year (plus it didn't piss down all weekend like in 2010!).
Huge thank you to Dave and Helen who put on this amazing event again, I can appreciate all the hard work that goes into it, you got it spot on this year!!!!

We got there very early on Friday, the site was pretty empty so we had the whole field to pick a spec for our tent. We stuck it right in the middle, once the tent was up we spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for it all to start, getting pissed on scrumpy, laughing at people putting their tents up in the campervan section only to be told they had to take them down and move to the tent area, (lol hours of amusement, Im sure security waited until they had finished putting up the tent before telling them to move!) fending off wasps and getting stung lol (there was hundreds of the things and they love cider!!!) :crazy:
It was a shame we weren't camped with the other OSA'ers in the crew area down the end of the field, however there was never a dull moment at our tent with all sorts of weird and wonderful characters camped next to us and 24 hour music from peoples car stereos and sound systems (no danger of getting any sleep!!)

We met up with most the OSA crew on Friday evening to hear the sounds of Shooms and Adam on the DIY rig. Tunes went down well and the tent was rocking. Also a great set from DJ Nomark (pirate revival), some quality old hardcore and techno tracks (right up my street!!). The systems went off about midnight and it started to rain so went back to our tent with Adam and Radish and carried on until the early hours!

Saturday was brilliant from start to finish. Debs and Alex played great sets in the afternoon in the tophat and Raddish played in the DIY tent. Got some fantastic pics from your set Chris of 'rave dog' and his owner who couldn't stand up!!! He spent most of your set falling into people and rolling around on the floor lol. Maria got stung by a wasp for the second time but luckily Dan came to the rescue with his first aid knowledge, applying antiseptic hand wash to the sting lol!

We spent most of the rest of the night in the tophat listening to the Liberator dj's who were all excellent. Fair play to Adam, Antz and Radish for staying in the tophat until about 4am, the music was f**king banging by the end of the night which I know isn't your usual choice of tunes! DIY was a bit slow for a saturday night IMO and the atmosphere in the techno tent was electric. Plus we were entertained by some of the mad characters around us like 'bloke in a dress' (with a bra!!) and father xmas. The rest of the night is a blur. :fekked:

Sunday was the perfect way to finish the weekend. Sun was out and most of us were outside dancing in the sunshine listening to Raddish and Adam play their sets. Both were spot on for the afternoon with happy vibes! The sound systems went off about 8pm, Chris Liberator closed with some more banging techno and a few oldskool hardcore tunes! But we weren't ready to end it there! The veggie burger bar which had a small sound system carried on playing tunes to a small crowd until someone pulled the plug about 10pm! Then just as we thought it was over we got wind that the DIY crew had started up their rig (quietly) and were playing again. There was about 50 people still going until about midnight when the sound guy came and finally turned it all off lol. Still it was good while it lasted! We went back to the tent, there were still lots of people up and a couple of sound systems still playing right through until the morning!

Lots of great memories from the weekend and it was fantastic spending time with everyone from OSA. Adam and Raddish for staying up late every night! Vee, Antz and Dan for staying up all festival lol, great to finally meet Shooms and everyone else from the site who was there!
Jase, were you 'george clooney'??? lol

Looking forward to next year already!!!!!

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
Hi everyone, iv just about landed back into normality.... Thanks so much for your support, and kind reviews:)

Overall I think we improved on last years success, the site was ace, and so were the people:D Couple of issues with AWOL djs ment that the music didnt quite flow as I would have liked in the DiY tent, but the show went on, and im very proud that we helped make so many people happy for a weekend.

I have some ideas for next years line up, and infrasructure that will work better, and im going to make sure I have a plan B,C and D in case of the unexpected:S

The sets will soon be available for download, and they sound great, ill post a link once we sort it:thumbsup:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Couple of issues with AWOL djs ment that the music didnt quite flow as I would have liked in the DiY tent, but the show went on, and im very proud that we helped make so many people happy for a weekend.

I have some ideas for next years line up, and infrasructure that will work better, and im going to make sure I have a plan B,C and D in case of the unexpected:S

The sets will soon be available for download, and they sound great, ill post a link once we sort it:thumbsup:

Gonna listen to Vee next year and just bring some tunes anyways, just in case . . .

. . . Unless we're on ;)