Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Well what an absolutely blinding night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can honestly say its the best crowd and atmosphere that came as near as damn it close to the original nights 20 years ago :thumbsup: Everyone in there was at it from the start til the finish, even I danced all night which is a rare oldskool moment in its self these days :D Met up in the pre bar and was greeted by Barrie, Superdan, Antz, Cano, Vee, oOWoodyOo. Travelled down with Bernie,Blackburn Raver and his missus, U31 and Maz and Nupski. We had a right good laugh from the off and also met Damo12345678910 bouncin aroud like Zebedee lol. In the club met Pieman and his wife, top people and Sam White and a few others, memories still a bit hazy :fekked: The place was an absolute sweat box, again just like the original night lol. But the tunes were bang on right through, stayed true to the original night completely. Had a good laugh on the dancefloor with Superdan and Antz most of the night, and talked complete codshit with Vee the rest :$ Had a good natter with Butty & Sonz at the end, ( cheers for stuffin my shirt full of flyers, they are all over the house now lol)

All in all had an absolutely wicked night, best one in a long loooong time, cant wait for the next one. Big respect to Barrie and the rest for pulling this off properly!!!! The after party is a blur but thats another story :$

May 16, 2008
Moomin Valley
What a feckin top nite!!!!!!!!!!!:D , one off the best nites I've had in a long time proper reminded me off the old days! Drippin in sweat and havin it on the dance floor! Everyone waz well up for it all nite proper blast from the past! Many thanks to Barrie and co for puttin this nite on, I hope there will b more 2 come I will deffo b there!!:fekked: :cops:

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Seemed like a top night,just been checkin some uploads of the night using youtube and it was great to see the emotional side of oldskool through barry jay a very good and respected dj.Glimpses of anger mind,lol,which youll see on the clip,any way here it is.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZyiQufcp8&feature=related]‪Zone 20th yr anniversary reunion 23rd july 2011.lock3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Pieman

Jun 30, 2009
on't hill
Have to say we had a mint night, met some really nice peeps (Bod, Bernie and Nupski) to name a few.

Great atmosphere from start to finish and great tunes.

When's the next one ;)

Tino

Sep 17, 2002
Bridlington
Jenks re-union

Agree with everything said above, probably the closest you could get now to what Jenks was like, even the heat,

got to be another one after that:p

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Well.....

When the DJs first got together to decide whether to go ahead with this event we were banking on getting around 150 people and hoping to get 200 in.

Little did I think I would have to turn so many people I knew away - I even had people turning up on my doorstep asking for tickets in the days preceding the event.

The night far exceeded our expectations and, as I have said before, we cannot recreate the good old days - but this night was not that far off.

I spent more or less 3 days of my life replying to messages on Facebook - all positive. I have never had so much feedback on an event. I am still getting them now.

I wanted a mention on the night for the memory of Phil Harmonic but the plan went tits up and I ended up doing it - hence the emotional wreck performance at the end of the night.

I cannot watch that clip all the way through, it is extremely embarrassing. But it happened. I have skipped through it with louder shouts of `oh fuck` at every pause.

Chris tried to put one more last tune on 3 times when we were 30 minutes past the agreed finishing time - in his own words `..it was usual for at least one of us to get a bollocking from Barrie for stepping out of line, I guess it must have been my turn...`. He was in that much of a state he cannot even recall the tune he was trying to put on.

Anyway, to all those that supported it, especially those who actually went to Jenks Bar, thank you so much for letting us live the atmosphere, the tunes, the madness, the heat and the sweat once again.

To my partners in crime - John, Matt, Chris and Andrew - simply getting together after some 17 years was a blast in itself.

To end up with a night as good as this was beyond my dreams.

I think we enjoyed it as much as everybody else did.

A huge big massive heartfelt thanks to all for playing your part.

:thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I cannot watch that clip all the way through, it is extremely embarrassing. But it happened. I have skipped through it with louder shouts of `oh fuck` at every pause.

You shouldn't be embarrassed at all Barrie. You put your heart and soul into everything you do and that video clearly shows it.

I'm well chuffed for you that it went so well. I know how much it will have meant to you to pull off a reunion like that, getting the DJs back together, in Blackpool, and all the punters having a great time! :)

Soz I never made it though, when's the next one? ;) :D

APH

Apr 13, 2009
i dont know most of ya, but, nice1 for putting on an event and lookin back to the great old days, all these reunions count for something, the oldskool has made its mark like no other. i might be there on the next one:thumbsup:

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
Part 2

I went the second one, anyone else...? Can honestly say it were the best sound track i've ever heard in a nightclub. Danced like a freak through the whole thing. Top buzz and a top mature friendly crowd...

Heard the next one may be in March? I'm there :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 6141

dunno i was wankered b4 we left bolton.remember pepe running out when this came on [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDhlv2W2b4]BROTHERS GRIM - CASANOVA - YouTube[/ame]
brock if ya reading this :dixieland chicken n ribs, nom nom:p :p

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I went to the second one too and had a great night:cool:

Didn't know you were there Surface2air or i'd have said hello:thumbsup: