Carl Cox - Sunrise Summer Of Love 1989 - Part 2

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Ok, not sure of the provenance of this but it claims to be part 2 of Carl Cox from Sunrise.

Scans uploaded.

It came with another tape which says "Part One" with the exact same cover and typing and that's this:

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/34862-sunrise-back-future-12th-aug-1989-vol-2-a.html

Its 60 mins and not a particularly good mix, lots of fading out and random cuts/gaps but I've not seen it on the net before so may interest.

Any clues to what it actually is (or isn't) please shout...

Enjoy

Carl Cox -Sunrise Summer Of Love 1989 Part 2 (Side A).mp3

Carl Cox -Sunrise Summer Of Love 1989 Part 2 (Side B).mp3

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Carl Cox - Sunrise Summer Of Love Part 2 - 1989 Cover.JPG
    Carl Cox - Sunrise Summer Of Love Part 2 - 1989 Cover.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 480
  • Carl Cox - Sunrise Summer Of Love Part 2 - 1989 Tape.JPG
    Carl Cox - Sunrise Summer Of Love Part 2 - 1989 Tape.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 429
I've got parts 2 & 3 on chrome transparent / logo'd tape with a picture inlay & a sweet piece of history about the organisation... I bought them at the Phoenix Festival in 1994... 2 for a tenner it was or 7 quid each... why oh why didn't I negotiate a price for all 3 :axe:

In fact you've got the same as me but yours are earlier issues Mart based on this (I was looking for a thread I started to get a trakky for mine but it must've been lost in the great OSA server crash of 2001 lol.. Ripley Pillwall ID'd most of 'em :D )

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/34863-sunrise-back-future-12th-aug-1989-vol-3-a.html

PS if your Cox tape has 2 copies of French Kiss & he scratches the moaning then cuts the power to one deck & brings in the organ intro mix of Black Box - Ride on time you've got the same set as me... in fact that mix is specifically mentioned on the Sunrise history blurb on the inlay :)

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
I've got parts 2 & 3 on chrome transparent / logo'd tape with a picture inlay & a sweet piece of history about the organisation... I bought them at the Phoenix Festival in 1994... 2 for a tenner it was or 7 quid each... why oh why didn't I negotiate a price for all 3 :axe:

In fact you've got the same as me but yours are earlier issues Mart based on this (I was looking for a thread I started to get a trakky for mine but it must've been lost in the great OSA server crash of 2001 lol.. Ripley Pillwall ID'd most of 'em :D )

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/34863-sunrise-back-future-12th-aug-1989-vol-3-a.html

PS if your Cox tape has 2 copies of French Kiss & he scratches the moaning then cuts the power to one deck & brings in the organ intro mix of Black Box - Ride on time you've got the same set as me... in fact that mix is specifically mentioned on the Sunrise history blurb on the inlay :)

Hi Shooms.

I've also got those 3 x Sunrise tapes (yellow covers iirc).

This one above is a different set of tunes to those 3 (although it does have French Kiss on but not mixed).

This is from 2 tapes I have with exactly the same cover as the scan, one labelled "Part One" the other "Part Two".

Part 1 is deffo the mix you refer to. I didn't upload that one because the sound quality is much better on them chrome tapes.

This "Part 2" is just a collection of tunes from 89 faded in/out or cut half way through with the odd attempt at mixing. I've always doubted its Carl Cox or even from Sunrise.

Lol - I also went to the Pheonix. Had a great time. I recall The Wonderstuff getting Vic Reeves on to sing Dizzy and Dave Gahan stormed the stage out of his box...:crazy: :cops: Think that may have been '93 tho.

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
got this

1. Bang the Party 'Bang Bang Your Mine'
2. Richie Havens 'Going Back to My Roots'
3. Jungle Crew ft Jungle Jorge 'Elektric Dance'
4. Lil Louis 'French Kiss \ Doug Lazy 'Let it Roll' (Acca)
5. Black Box 'Ride on Time' (Epsom Mix)
6. Jaime Principle 'Rebels' a Dub, think it's (House Of Trix Mix)
7. Nicole 'Rock the House'
8. Bang the Party 'Release Your Body'
9. Fast Eddie Ft. Sundance 'Git on Up'
10. Tyree 'Acid Over'
11. The Bass Boyz 'Lost In The Bass' (Bad Boy Bill Mix)
12. Adonis 'No Way Back'
13. Looney Tunes 'Just As Long As I've Got You'
14. ????
15. Young MC 'Know How' (Inst.)
16. Young MC 'Bust A Move' (Inst.)
17. Reese & Santonio 'Bounce Your Body to the Box'
18. Total Science 'Just A Little Bit'
19. Sydney Youngblood 'If Only I Could'
20. Booker T & The MG's 'Melting Pot'

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Chers Mart :thumbsup:

1. The Real Roxanne 'Roxanne's On A Roll' ..what mix?
2. Kariya 'Let Me Love You For Tonight'
3. The KLF 'What Time Is Love' (Pure Trance Original)
4. Frankie Bones - Bonesbreaks Vol 2 'Funky Acid Makossa'
5. Doug Lazy 'Let It Roll'
6. Tony Scott 'The Chief'
7. Tony Scott 'That's How I'm Livin'' ..what mix?
8. Doug Lazy 'Let It Roll'
9. Sandee 'Notice Me'
10. New Blood 'Touch Me (Te Quiero)'
11. Lil Louis 'French Kiss'

11. Lil Louis 'French Kiss'
12. ??? - Mito 'Droid' cover\samples, remix of Hypnosis version?
13. E-Zee Possee 'Everything Starts With An E'
14. A Guy Called Gerald 'Voodoo Ray'
15. ??? - "walk away"
16. The KLF 'What Time Is Love' (Pure Trance Original)
17. ??? - Mito 'Droid' cover\samples, remix of Hypnosis version?