Moss Side 86

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Very nice work jcf :beer:

So house music in this country was first heard in the north, in Manchester:cool:

I doubt it was was a full night of house mind, but it's brilliant to see history in the making and the London centric claimed origin smashed to pieces, and even not disputed by Parksy:thumbsup:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Very nice work jcf :beer:

So house music in this country was first heard in the north, in Manchester:cool:

I doubt it was was a full night of house mind, but it's brilliant to see history in the making and the London centric claimed origin smashed to pieces, and even not disputed by Parksy:thumbsup:

Jiglo, I think only the un-educated think they know it alls down here beleive Paul Oakenfold etc started house in UK, all they did is start the first regular parties in a club. Yes (and it hurts me to say) Manchester did import the first house music into the UK!! Even the first DJ International Tour in 1987 was more for the Northern towns and cities!!

S

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Jiglo, I think only the un-educated think they know it alls down here beleive Paul Oakenfold etc started house in UK, all they did is start the first regular parties in a club. Yes (and it hurts me to say) Manchester did import the first house music into the UK!! Even the first DJ International Tour in 1987 was more for the Northern towns and cities!!

S

Well to be fair, most of us are uneducated as facts about the early days are sadly hard to come by :(

I'd love a history lesson about the origins of UK house music and if you can share anything else about the beginning i'd love to hear it siman:beer:

This video is a breath of fresh air :cool: