GOT ME BURNING UP, Feat Loleatta Holloway (breakbeat hardcore)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ NICKY ALLEN

Apr 10, 2010
CARLISLE
www.choons.net
Same thing with this and Move Your Feet as with Shine On.

Nicely put together, but all out of key

thanks for the feedback i love piano ,it's a shame you are slagging off my production all the time , My tracks are going down well with nu-rave.com Big producers are using them in there mix's so im happy with that ,I know they are not perfect onyl been doing it for 4 months ,Thanks again for your feedback . nicky breakbeat allen

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Ive been liking ya stuff recentley,love the breakbeat sound anyway and to have an oldskool classic mingled in is a bonus for me.Is it me, i dont know, im no producer but i dont think its out of key,it sounds as it should,maybe get pointers to were it is out of key but all good to me.Well done nickey lovin it.:)

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I'm not slagging it off at all, they're all well put together, but the chords you are using with the piano don't fit the melody of the vocals and it sounds bad.

It puzzles me how people can't hear it, coz you're not the first to do it and I'm sure you won't be the last.

Keep it up, if you can learn what goes with what, your tracks will be fantastic :)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
t puzzles me how people can't hear it, coz you're not the first to do it and I'm sure you won't be the last

Your jumping to conclusions!...if you would of just ask me in that last stupid argument we had what i meant when i said it is not out of key i would of communicated with you on a respectful manner & explained what i meant!...

I hear what you are saying i always have but when you start fitting chords with the vocals it's starts to sound cheesy & predictable unless your going for a commercial type dance tune,there is tunes with vocals that sound twisted some work some do not!.....

I know you do like your commercial sounding vocals which is fair enough!...but lets not argue about freaking vocals again,i have made tunes with vocals & live vocals in a recording studio probably no one else has here!...

I was mad into piano around 1993-1994 but with breakbeats!....I will post a piano donk tune i made for a laugh :D

Last edited:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Listen i do not want to argue with you i would rather get on with people but if you have had vocals recorded live over your tunes then fair enough!....

Tracks and remixes on...

Clubland 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and soon to be 19
Ultimate NRG 3, 4 & 5
00 Dance
Floorfillers
Dance Mania 1 & 2
Clubmix
Planet Dance
etc etc etc

Remixes for...

Cascada
Ultrabeat
Darren Styles
Manian
Inna
Kelly Llorenna
Martin Solveig
Flip & Fill
N-Force
etc etc etc

Also have a BA in Creative Music Technology

So don't assume that you know more than everybody else all the time

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
I agree with Tim Nicky, the vocals are out of key with the music. overall a very good production. Ignore Monty he can get on one. If you would like help with getting vocals in key with your music, Private message me, and ill help you and point you in the right direction :) No hassle at all :)

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Listen i do not want to argue with you i would rather get on with people but if you have had vocals recorded live over your tunes then fair enough!....

you should read up more about individuals before passing judgement yet again!!! i can name alot more producers on this site that would put you to shame, get off your high horse!!

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Tracks and remixes on...

Clubland 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and soon to be 19
Ultimate NRG 3, 4 & 5
00 Dance
Floorfillers
Dance Mania 1 & 2
Clubmix
Planet Dance
etc etc etc

Remixes for...

Cascada
Ultrabeat
Darren Styles
Manian
Inna
Kelly Llorenna
Martin Solveig
Flip & Fill
N-Force
etc etc etc

Also have a BA in Creative Music Technology

So don't assume that you know more than everybody else all the time

It's not rocket science making that type of music!...also i have never needed to go collage!...

you should read up more about individuals before passing judgement yet again!!! i can name alot more producers on this site that would put you to shame, get off your high horse!!

Lol like you know what projects i have in my PC i am not on my high horse but i see you like to get involved!...

---------------------------------------------------

PS:I meant actually being in the studio getting vocals recorded live!....not acapellas!....

Last edited:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
ive listenined to alot of Nickys tracks Monty since he's been putting them up, so ive not just got involved. He's getting better and better with his production, once he's nailed the vocals, his tracks will be flawless.
Yet again Monty jumpin to the wrong conclusions.

DJ NICKY ALLEN

Apr 10, 2010
CARLISLE
www.choons.net
ive listenined to alot of Nickys tracks Monty since he's been putting them up, so ive not just got involved. He's getting better and better with his production, once he's nailed the vocals, his tracks will be flawless.
Yet again Monty jumpin to the wrong conclusions.

Thanks mate ,Like i said before i have only been doing production for 4 months now still got loads to learn , With the vocal side of things im chopping the vocal all up and just putting parts of them in my track ,I will get it right one day, i will post another vocal track for use to check out for me.

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
been havin a listen nicky to all ur tracks (im pissed right now) youve got a really good flow goin on within all ur music, maybe the odd one needs a lil extention till the initial drop (i.e. feenin so funky) i really like the music ur puttin out, it just needs the odd tweak here n theree, especially the vocals, but i tell you once youve master e,m, ur on one m8.
the thing about vocals is not everyone notices it being out of key, espesh musical novices within dance, what happens is peeps who have no musical sense (sorry if that sounds harsh) gel with the vocals n ignore the music kind of, with no sense of it being out of key, or...they gel with the music n dont realise the vocal. theyre are just happy to hear either, if you catch my drift. or the peeps who pinch a sample, well i could go on forever, its all good when all said and done, but if you were to further urself PROPERLY, the real musical industry would frown upon it. you want it spot on dont you?
i hope ive not pissed you, i really dont mean to, anybody on the internet will let you use their site for download, n to be honest, ive check out ur site u use for dwnload n if you get ur tracks spot on, you win hands down in the oldskool area, you just need the odd tweak n vocal tweak, but you can tell ur hearts there. ur tracks are good, and like tim i love piano has said many time before, it really is that simple to get ur vocals right. PM him m8, hes one of the best, n he'll help u out no problem. ok im out, need a beer. keep it up nicky!!!!!

Last edited:

DJ NICKY ALLEN

Apr 10, 2010
CARLISLE
www.choons.net
been havin a listen nicky to all ur tracks (im pissed right now) youve got a really good flow goin on within all ur music, maybe the odd one needs a lil extention till the initial drop (i.e. feenin so funky) i really like the music ur puttin out, it just needs the odd tweak here n theree, especially the vocals, but i tell you once youve master e,m, ur on one m8.
the thing about vocals is not everyone notices it being out of key, espesh musical novices within dance, what happens is peeps who have no musical sense (sorry if that sounds harsh) gel with the vocals n ignore the music kind of, with no sense of it being out of key, or...they gel with the music n dont realise the vocal. theyre are just happy to hear either, if you catch my drift. or the peeps who pinch a sample, well i could go on forever, its all good when all said and done, but if you were to further urself PROPERLY, the real musical industry would frown upon it. you want it spot on dont you?
i hope ive not pissed you, i really dont mean to, anybody on the internet will let you use their site for download, n to be honest, ive check out ur site u use for dwnload n if you get ur tracks spot on, you win hands down in the oldskool area, you just need the odd tweak n vocal tweak, but you can tell ur hearts there. ur tracks are good, and like tim i love piano has said many time before, it really is that simple to get ur vocals right. PM him m8, hes one of the best, n he'll help u out no problem. ok im out, need a beer. keep it up nicky!!!!!

Thank's mate i will get there in the end bud , just need more time to practice my production im only using a very basic program FL STUDIO 9 ,Im going to start useing cubase.