My 1st Ambient piece. "Waves Of Extinction"

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Hey guys not sure if this will be anyone's cup of T, but for those who know me know I love my Spacey Ambient music.

Here is my 1st attempt at creating my own Ambient piece (Although there are beats in it) Not all ambient work is beatless, Im hoping that I can do an album that takes you on a journey and relaxes the listener, so some tracks will have beats others will be beatless.

The BPM is a nice 95.

Please feel free to leave comments here or on my youtube page!

Enjoy

"Waves Of Extinction - The Truth"

NOTE: Same video has now been updated with less bass. Listen again!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eolaI-ayG8E"]YouTube - Waves Of Extinction - The Truth.wmv[/ame]

Last edited:

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Thanks for the quick reply Mark.

Glad you like it, really nice write something slower, I don't just want to do fast music, in fact I enjoy writing this style more.

Any particular bits you found a little off? I know there is a clap sounds near the beginning that sounds a little offish.

Yeah the album will be a mixture of uptempo & downtempo but it will flow from one to the other like a journey.

Been really digging stuff off this label, plus my fav ever artist are signed to it (Carbon Based Lifeforms) there is some good Ambient music coming out of Sweden, deff check it out if you don't know it!

Ultimae Records - CDs and Vinyl at Discogs

Thanks for the feedback tho genuinely nice to hear what people think.

Dan

Really liked that Dan - thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

The b line / hi end melody works for me.. it's more uptempo than I was expecting & I was nodding my head like a good un.. the beats coming in when they did threw me.. it felt on the off-beat ?

Loving your work anyway Dan - keep 'em coming :D

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Hi Dan i like the intelligence of this tune so well done there mate!...but you have got that bass synth way to loud!....

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Hi Dan i like the intelligence of this tune so well done there mate!...but you have got that bass synth way to loud!....

Hey monty, thanks for the comment, ill take it onboard, i suppose i want it to be the main part of the track hence why its louder, I can always tone it down a few notches.

I find im having a problem with using monitors then using headphones, they sound so different in each case its hard to know what to trust, with volumes and basses!

Thanks for listening & for the samples! :D

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Yep thats ace :D

Nicked it to include in my next mix :p hope you dont mind :cool:

what are you making these on? I wish I had the time :|

Keep em coming phones: :thumbsup:

No not at all, in fact it makes me feel on top of the world that you would consider putting it in your mix.

Im making these on Cubase SX3, the main VST's I used were:

Omnisphere
Sylenth1
Battery 3
M1

And a few others.

Pauly you might want to download it again as I have changed some of the bass levels, not so bass heavy!

I even sent it to one of my fav Ambient producers called Daniel Segerstad One half of Carbon Based Lifeforms and he absolutely loved it, which im totally buzzing about has their music has influenced me so much.

Enjoy!

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Much much better my friend now i can hear all it's glory! well done Dan mate! :D

I am glad you have took my advice! :D now i am really interested in this tune!....keep em coming mate!...

I would do some low cutting with EQ tho mate!....

Presuming Ed

Nice track Dan. Quite a simple arrangement that still has a fair bit of depth, so subscribes to the 'less is more theory'. I like the way the little vocal snippets interact with the track as well. As Mark says,it gets you head nodding as it progresses. Good to hear that you got some positive feedback from an artist that inpsired you as well. keep them coming. Ed

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Nice track Dan. Quite a simple arrangement that still has a fair bit of depth, so subscribes to the 'less is more theory'. I like the way the little vocal snippets interact with the track as well. As Mark says,it gets you head nodding as it progresses. Good to hear that you got some positive feedback from an artist that inpsired you as well. keep them coming. Ed

Ed thanks for your comments, I do find some of the most simple tunes are by far the best. Im learning to tweak every individual bit of my music and coming up with great results. I just struggle on the Bass as I only have monitors and when it get below their frequency its hard to tell if the levels are right, So might stick to headphones.
Dead chuffed about the reply from "Carbon Based Lifeforms" all this feedback (You guys & Them) makes those hours constantly listening to it worthwhile......

Glad you liked it...

this is ur best production so far m8, i really like it. Cool how when the beat starts, it kinda throws you. nice work :)

Chris, thanks for taking the time to listen, appreciate your feedback, I wasn't sure if this was gonna be a beat like track, it was beatless for ages but it didnt feel right, so slapped them in, I think it works, from your comments it looks like it does :D

Gonna work on an album, which each track flows from one to another and see what I come up with.

Have also been thinking along the Italo lines of producing music but I seem to struggle to even think of how they arranged their music (Disco & Piano House), you & tim will have to give me some pointers!

Thanks again to everyone who's commented so far!

:thumbsup: