A new track with some "oldskool" flavour...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Nice tune m8 i see you are getting good feedback nice one! i wish you well with this tune!

I look forward to hearing more of your work! keep up the good work!...

I use to play breaks on OSA radio i would play this in a mix!....

Happy New Year!

PS: i have just Subscribed to you going to go through your other tunes later!....

Myk

Nice tune m8 i see you are getting good feedback nice one! i wish you well with this tune!

I look forward to hearing more of your work! keep up the good work!...

I use to play breaks on OSA radio i would play this in a mix!....

Happy New Year!

PS: i have just Subscribed to you going to go through your other tunes later!....

Nice one, have a good rummage around there is quite a mixed variety on there. A lot of break based tracks with a touch of "oldskool" to them.

Here's a couple of my own personal favourites:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60kd4Ana0xM]YouTube - Ecstasio - The Cosmos (A Space Opera)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkHjGFNdlk]YouTube - Ecstasio Feat. Nneka Egbuna - Internal Conflict[/ame]

phones: :thumbsup:

Myk

Class tune that fella! Love it. I could imagine that having pretty widespread appeal with DJs as well. From Breaks to Progressive and even those with a more laidback style. I reckon you could do very well with that. Ed

Thanks for the positivity there Ed. I might release the forthcoming extended mix later in the year on an E.P. I have planned with Oedla. We shall see. Thanks again for the uplifting feedback ;)

Myk :thumbsup:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk

Myk

How do stranger :wave:

LOVING Cosmos & Falling stars - quality tracks mate phones: :thumbsup:

What you been up to recently then ?

Thanks Shooms. What have I been upto? I've been spreading myself out pretty much. Trying to get somewhere with my music professionally (i.e. make some income off it, right now it hardly pays for itself). I have been dealing with my illness (Meniere's). I had a few more houses built (as a promoter) and am currently half way through building a new place for myself. Really exciting (but stressing) and it should be done by March/April this year, so I'll be moving then.
On top of all that I have been and continue to be a full time Dad for my little girl whose demands are growing daily (she'll be 3 in March).

*looks up*

Yeah, that's about sums it up. How have you been doing mate? I hope life is treating you kindly :thumbsup:

Myk

Thanks Shooms. What have I been upto? I've been spreading myself out pretty much. Trying to get somewhere with my music professionally (i.e. make some income off it, right now it hardly pays for itself). I have been dealing with my illness (Meniere's). I had a few more houses built (as a promoter) and am currently half way through building a new place for myself. Really exciting (but stressing) and it should be done by March/April this year, so I'll be moving then.
On top of all that I have been and continue to be a full time Dad for my little girl whose demands are growing daily (she'll be 3 in March).

*looks up*

Yeah, that's about sums it up. How have you been doing mate? I hope life is treating you kindly :thumbsup:

qTLPM.gif

That gif is mint :D right click / saved the mo fo :D

Glad to hear you trying to make it professionally with the tunes fella... from what I've heard you've deffo got a talent phones: :thumbsup:

How does that square with Meniere's ? I had to google the fucker... sounds like one of the worst things that could happen to a tune head :S :eek: Have you always had it or do you think it's been brought on by excessive tunes in the cans ?

It's summat I think about after mixing a few hours in the cans (so as not to annoy me neighbours - I may be fucking up me hearing instead) :crazy:

Can't believe your little un is now 3 - mad as ken :D Everyone is growing up - I have to join em :D

Myk

Glad you enjoyed the gif, that llama is brilliant, cracks me up every time.

Meniere's isn't caused by the loud music or prolonged use of headphones as far as I know but having said that they really don't know what causes it so who knows.........
I do get a lot of tinnitus after long sessions with my headphones or speakers on loud but that's par for the course and I expect it happens to everyone. Living with Meniere's is not fun mate I can tell you but the slight (in my case only 16%) hearing loss is no biggie the real problem is feeling like you live is on board a ship. Always feeling a little (or a lot) off balance. Still, I just have to get on with things, there's fuck all I can do about it so bleh...unlucky I guess.

I am not growing up either mate, it just looks that way from the outside. I know differently...hahahaha ;)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Glad you enjoyed the gif, that llama is brilliant, cracks me up every time.

Meniere's isn't caused by the loud music or prolonged use of headphones as far as I know but having said that they really don't know what causes it so who knows.........
I do get a lot of tinnitus after long sessions with my headphones or speakers on loud but that's par for the course and I expect it happens to everyone. Living with Meniere's is not fun mate I can tell you but the slight (in my case only 16%) hearing loss is no biggie the real problem is feeling like you live is on board a ship. Always feeling a little (or a lot) off balance. Still, I just have to get on with things, there's fuck all I can do about it so bleh...unlucky I guess.

I am not growing up either mate, it just looks that way from the outside. I know differently...hahahaha ;)

I hope it does not effect your music making to much!...

Are you making your website yourself i see it is under construction & are you mostly making breaks?

Myk

I hope it does not effect your music making to much!...

Are you making your website yourself i see it is under construction & are you mostly making breaks?

Thanks,
Well I intend on making the website yes (it's been just sat there for months). I don't however have a great deal of experience or free time so it might take forever or I may end up needing to get someone to do it for me. As for my music being mostly breaks...it's not easy to say. I mean I love to use breaks and nearly all my tracks have some breaks in them. I generally avoid the "four-on-the-floor" 4/4 formula as I find it boring (with exceptions). So yes I mostly make breaks based tracks but they don't all fit into the typical "breaks" genre. That's not a very clear answer I know but I think you'll get my gist. Have a listen to a few tracks and you tell me ;)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Thanks,
Well I intend on making the website yes (it's been just sat there for months). I don't however have a great deal of experience or free time so it might take forever or I may end up needing to get someone to do it for me. As for my music being mostly breaks...it's not easy to say. I mean I love to use breaks and nearly all my tracks have some breaks in them. I generally avoid the "four-on-the-floor" 4/4 formula as I find it boring (with exceptions). So yes I mostly make breaks based tracks but they don't all fit into the typical "breaks" genre. That's not a very clear answer I know but I think you'll get my gist. Have a listen to a few tracks and you tell me ;)

I went through every tune on your Soundcloud it will take me ages to listen to them fully do you have a mix of your Soundcloud tunes so i can have a listen to at weekend?

Myk

I went through every tune on your Soundcloud it will take me ages to listen to them fully do you have a mix of your Soundcloud tunes so i can have a listen to at weekend?

I'm afraid I don't. I suppose I could try but of my 30+ track releases there is not much to choose from to get a fluid mix out of them. I have dropped occasional tracks in a mix with other stuff but never tried to mix only my own stuff.
Either way as I said the majority do have a breakbeat element to them. I'll eventually get the site sorted I hope.
I started a new project today which is already heavily laden with breaks (and pianos) but it's a few weeks away from completion yet.
If you ever want a nice clean copy of any of the tracks to use in a set or just for listening to, let me know and I'll upload it/them to an ftp for you. I can't allow it on most of them via Soundclouds download option due to licensing issues but I have no problem sharing them privately ;)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I'm afraid I don't. I suppose I could try but of my 30+ track releases there is not much to choose from to get a fluid mix out of them. I have dropped occasional tracks in a mix with other stuff but never tried to mix only my own stuff.
Either way as I said the majority do have a breakbeat element to them. I'll eventually get the site sorted I hope.
I started a new project today which is already heavily laden with breaks (and pianos) but it's a few weeks away from completion yet.
If you ever want a nice clean copy of any of the tracks to use in a set or just for listening to, let me know and I'll upload it/them to an ftp for you. I can't allow it on most of them via Soundclouds download option due to licensing issues but I have no problem sharing them privately ;)

I am having a go at making a site i started it a while back i only get 45 days or so free unless i start paying for it which i want to when i get my first breaks tune finished,ignore them tunes on there i made them in the late nineties just to fill that page up a little as i am still learning how to make a website.

djmonty.tk

I am trying to figure a way how to put a tune on my site with a soundclip if someone wants to buy it they click on a Pay Pal box to pay then they have access to download the tune wav or 320mp3,then eventually get on Beatport with Beatport on my site,i am also going to get a high quality webcam on my ceiling facing down on my mixer & decks doing 1 hour mixes & scratching (You Tube videos) to make my site more interesting & to help me get DJ bookings at breakbeat gigs,also get break Producers on my label,remix compitions,merchandise,make my own sample packs,1 on 1 teaching would love to get a tune on TV advert :D i have a lot work ahead of me.

On Friday night i play online gaming with my online gaming team so i will listen to all your tunes as i am playing online,i forgot to ask you what program do you use i use Logic Pro 9.

Here is one of my tunes i am working on i just did a ruff arrangement of it just for now:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1474260/Discarded From The Past.mp3

Last edited: