OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you still own a childhood toy

Do you still own a childhood toy

i was discussing with my 5yr old boy last night,how old his bedtime teddy is, It is an Andrex puppy soft toy that i used to have as a kid, its got to be a good 35yr old now and i gave it to my son a couple of years back and explaind how much i loved him when i was little, like any boy i trashed most toys, but this was a toy my nanna got me, i can't even remember if she sent for it free but after she died i looked after that dog like no other toy. and it nearly fills me up when my son says he is taking good care of it, and asks questions about if it kept me company in bed etc. he is a little sod and wrecks most things, but not this teddy. it still is and has always been called Andrex too, and one day it would be nice to think my lad will pass it down to his kids.

have any of your childhood toys lasted the this long, or even do you still have a toy that was passed down from your parents from thier childhood ? theres loads of toys i have wrecked over the years that i wish i still had to pass down, it would be interesting to see if they palyed with them as much as we did, or wether after 2 minutes they would want to go back on a computer game.

had this since 1983 ,, me grandad brought it me

Last edited by Northern Star; 7th December 2010 at 10:36 PM.

Got bout 120 old comics and 50 figures still in the box from late 90s, got to be worth bit when the kids grow up..........M
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Carlsberg dont do DJs, but if they did they'd probably be the best............ [/SIGPIC[SIGPIC]

http://soundcloud.com/the-gonzo-1/new-house-mix

http://soundcloud.com/the-gonzo-1/trance-house-2000

nice pics martin - lovin the rebel transporter..

Anyone want to start a L-R..? (except martin)

Blimey Leaky, that's brilliant that he's looking after something special to you, mate. I'm well impressed, so that's a coke for Rohan:beer:

I've got loads of stuff from my past in a set of drawers and every few months or so I have a really good look in them and get some very powerful memories of happy times with the smells and just holding things and remembering what I was doing around that time

Looking for the perfect beat.

Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum, but all out of gum...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum, but all out of gum...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Everywhere & nowhere baby, that's where I'm at...
    I've got one of these

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
    Blimey Leaky, that's brilliant that he's looking after something special to you, mate. I'm well impressed, so that's a coke for Rohan:beer:

I've got loads of stuff from my past in a set of drawers and every few months or so I have a really good look in them and get some very powerful memories of happy times with the smells and just holding things and remembering what I was doing around that time
    coke sod that m8 you know what he is like after milk i have a drawer i call my memory draw, not been in it for a while, its full of old letters concert tickets, school reports etc.

Andrex is a bit bettered these days, but it still keeps a little fella company during the night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0032.JPG 
Views:	1786 
Size:	736.4 KB 
ID:	31351  

Ive still got my Barbie Dolls

My records.... are my friends

Still got a stuffed seal. And also a teddybear.

Quote Originally Posted by Harri74 View Post
    nice pics martin - lovin the rebel transporter..

Anyone want to start a L-R..? (except martin)
    chief chirpa / chewbacca / luke skywlker / nikto / snow stormtrooper / hoth luke / hoth leia / b wing pilot / lando / hoth han / land skiff / wee quay

bid fortuna / max rebo / maybe klaatu skiff or one of the last 17? / admiral akbar / walrus man / rebel gaurd x 2 / han / leia / bespin gaurd / bid again / ewok

storm trooper / galmorian gaurd / han in troop suit / r4 d4 / anakin / ewok / logray medicine man ewok / hoth gaurd / biker scout / emporer gaurd / han less coat (endor) / klaatu / prune face / ewok

sy snoodles / cant make out?? / boosh leia / rancor keeper / general nadine / bid again / boosh again / ig88 / lobot / nien numb / han i think / orig han solo / luke x-wing pilot / sand man

dengar / klaatu / squid head / snaggle tooth / tie fighter pilot / maybe 8d8 / leia bespin / ewok / emporer / at at driver / commander / luke / at-st commander

sad i know, i collected em to, still have em at mi ma's

i used to collect ET stuff ffs, even had the light up finger horn on my handlebars im kinda glad i got shut of that lot, mind you i think i still have the theme tune lurking on picture disc