I'm Melting...I'm Melting!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

STUART

Jul 27, 2002
Birmingham
getting back to someones house and realising after ages of burning up youve still got your coat on then try and take it off while working out how to get your arms out of the sleeves it feels really good to stretch and its like a whole new experience so you stretch (how good does that feel wow) but you still havent worked out how those sleeve thingys work and its now taken ages and you feel like everyones looking at you in this HUGE coat that you cant get out of.

realising you've dropped you tab and crawling on all 4's like a baby trying to find a tab on a carpet that has so much pattern if swallows you up.

taking a pill during the day (11am) on a sunday just for something to do and ending up at the back of a church while a mate finds his mum thinking him up stairs will know what im upto and ill be in trouble but by the way this organ music is really funky!!!

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
>>taking a pill during the day (11am) on a sunday just for something to do and ending up at the back of a church while a mate finds his mum thinking him up stairs will know what im upto and ill be in trouble but by the way this organ music is really funky!!!
<<

LOL:cool: :thumbsup:

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
..some stories there, very insightful :thumbsup:

A couple from my neck..

Having a phonecall from the local psycho (friend of a friend) who knew we were all tripping back at a mates house. The phonecall ended with the psycho smashing the handset into phone booth - 20 minutes later the doorbell rings. Luckily the 'friend' filled him with pipes n bongs and within 30 minutes he was no bother...

Making my way from Bow, East London to Rickmansworth NW London New years day (or wast it the day after?) on a PACKED tube on the comedown .... will it ever end? :rotate:

:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Lol, that was almost me n jiglo without the cowshit, after a weekend at Bernies (n Bods)
Near bods is a motorway services you can walk to, Two coppers walk in for thier breccy, i swear you could read thier minds! They were scanning the car park to work out if we had driven there! :mad:

Haha that felt like hard work that did Dave :fekked: and I wasn't even hungry really:D

tricky nicky

Sep 18, 2006
in heaven of course!!
sticking a fifty pence peice in the keyhole at my mums after a night at bowlers:fekked: could ave sworn it was a key:D
luckily my little sister came and opened the door!!!!

my mate stayed at my house after a heavy club night and passed out into my ma and pa's bedroom bless her:D

sitting in my friends mums garage after a club, we needed to talk that much:fekked: so we set up camp in there on the garden furniture!!!we were only 16.

Last edited:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Been laughing me head off to these stories!! haha :rofl:

Going to the shop at 6am still off ya rocker, getting the daily paper, beers and cigs and then trying to pay with a button!! :fekked:

Just going to the shops in general :fekked: :fekked: feeling well paranoid coz the straight people must KNOW ya fooked!!

Having to go to me dads the evening after you've been out, got wankered and stayed up till 12pm, getting very minor sleep coz ya heads still buzzing, your legs just WONT stay still, your stretching what seems like every 5 fckin seconds, getting there with the 'deer stuck in a head light' style eyes and ya dad deciding to try his new camcorder out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :| Para to fook coz you think ya dad KNOWS you've been par-taking in naughty naughties!

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Finding your car has melted outside because some arse has been setting fire to them isn't great. thankfully didn't happen to my motor but did feel sorry for one of my mates as it was outside my house!

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
I am with you on the someone fresh thang, it can really fuck up the vibe- unless of course its a great friend then its ace-more so if you have all been to diff places and are meeting up at a usual base.

I think sometimes it refreshes the vibe. Like when someone turns up the next day but always joins in. I've turned up at many a random time part way through a mash-up and got stuck in with all the mad goings on! :) They've defo gota understand how mad things are at that time though. I remember when Mesh turned up once after a boxing day doo on the 27th/28th Dec and the journey to get her from the train station was fun. :thumbsup: Also, when Woody, Superdan and I got lozzie from the train station once at like 6am and we all had facemasks on!! :rofl: She just pissed herself and said she didn't expect any less!!!

Sunday lunch mums
The night b4 you tell ya self your gonna be good, it don't happen cus you have no self control, cus your mad for it,but you try real hard and try to convince yourself i will just have a bit and no more after a certain time, b4 you know it it 5 in the morning:crazy: :fekked: :crazy: and dare not look in the mirror and now you start thinking of bullshit excuses not to go for lunch but because you have no self control you have used them all b4 and put off the Sunday lunch so many times you have no choice but to go .

You get there and your mum is going on at you and keeps asking if you are OK,
which kicks the para in and the heart's racing, and then the same old bullshit starts, you start saying you wernt to well last night, and even lie so much you say you didn't even go out lol as you felt so rough and your guts are propa off etc lol.

Then the food comes to the table "fuck me that's one dry looking Yorkie pud" after an hr of shoving your food round the plate and hiding bits under each other to make it look like you even tried to eat it, your mum say leave it if your poorly:D :fekked: you say your goodbyes and get the hell out of there at 100mph .
I really look forward to getting back to Buttys on a Sunday as his Dad makes a Sunday lunch almost every Sunday. I love it! :) I will admit I do try to hide upstairs with it sometimes though! lol.

I think you have to be conditioned to go out in public when not at your best, I know Lozzie hates it but I really don't mind tbh. I think I've gone to work a little *ahem* mad quite a few times so I've now just learned to soldier on!! :) lol.

I loved the "I'm melting...." title Mesh, very fitting. :rofl: Curtains being opened is definately baaaaaaaaaad! :naughty: Kinda like when someone drops the line "It's morning!" :mad: :crazy: :cops: ARGH! Don't say that!! :naughty:

I think the another bad one is running out of bifters/booze and the shop not even being open yet!! :( Noooooooooo!

x

Also, when Woody, Superdan and I got lozzie from the train station once at like 6am and we all had facemasks on!! :rofl: She just pissed herself and said she didn't expect any less!!!

Oh god...I remember that!!!! Were you with Dan when we we were in stockport and he kept driving through red lights (luckilly it was like 5 in the morning and no one was there):fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

I don't like it when i have to be in public (although this can be fun if ur with the right people)

When someone starts an argument/kicking off/generally being a knob and everyone feels awkward-specially if no one knows the person. (This happens more at places like ketoloco tbh...there was loads of randomers)

Oh, and deciding you "really like a member of the oposite sex" when ur off it...only to realise when ur a little more sober they're a total anti-normalton and have no idea how to get rid of them as uve invited them back to the afterparty (like a fool) hahahaha-lesson learned on that one!(sonz remember that dude i met in space the day we hit the beach with mic?)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Oh god...I remember that!!!! Were you with Dan when we we were in stockport and he kept driving through red lights (luckilly it was like 5 in the morning and no one was there):fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

I don't like it when i have to be in public (although this can be fun if ur with the right people)

When someone starts an argument/kicking off/generally being a knob and everyone feels awkward-specially if no one knows the person. (This happens more at places like ketoloco tbh...there was loads of randomers)

)

Haha...weekend inspired response there? she's a right w!nker ;)

From this wknd..

How funny was our public abbbbsoloutley spandangled pissed up kettled trip 2 the shop 4 nothing more important than a bottle of boost!!! Practically rolled down the street n back howling like hyina's!!

Also...was out in the front garden (think this was when u were passed out loz) n the boys had somehow befriended an old tramp who they were feeding punch to (NOT a usual occurrance for these boys). I eventually end up chatting to him n end up sat there for hours hearing his life story about how he'd served 22 years in prison for armed robbery n lost his wife/kids whatnot...fking hugging him n shit getting all emotional thinking on some weird ketty level we rly connected....then I tried to come back in the house n couldn't get rid of him lol..he was trying to come in... this ex armed robber (as it finally occurred) tryna get in the house for aaaaages...the guys got rid of him in the end but it got a bit scary lol....argh...stuuuuuuuupid cheryl.....stuuuupid ket & punch :condom:

Whoever said the tea list thing....god I remember back when you and vee lived together in manchester loz...that house...can't remember where we'd all been...but everyone was there...even shooms snoring on the floor (the shoom-a-pellar night)....retroandy when he'd just passed his driving test...princesswarrier...ste & danst etc etc. Anyway, stoopid cheryl offers everyone (all like 30 people in your house) a cuppa, and never in my life have I heard an order like it!!! People were making all sorts of requests for how they wanted their tea bags freakin strained, some brewed for a certain amount of time, some wanted slightly less than boiling water...all kinds of blagging requests that I was compelled to manage due to the amount of amph i'd ingested...luckily I just remember Woody floating in like angel gabriel and saying 'do you want a hand'....think he did most of it in the end haha.....woody if you read this...do you remember?!!!!!

Good times :)

Last edited:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com

Oh, and deciding you "really like a member of the oposite sex" when ur off it...only to realise when ur a little more sober they're a total anti-normalton and have no idea how to get rid of them as uve invited them back to the afterparty (like a fool) hahahaha-lesson learned on that one!(sonz remember that dude i met in space the day we hit the beach with mic?)
Nope, it was manchester train station but that was the time when he was spangled yes! ;) And yes I also remember the randomer from Space who you picked up, funny as! ;) I think you referred to him as bland after you came round! lol.
Whoever said the tea list thing....god I remember back when you and vee lived together in manchester loz...that house...can't remember where we'd all been...but everyone was there...even shooms snoring on the floor (the shoom-a-pellar night)....retroandy when he'd just passed his driving test...princesswarrier...ste & danst etc etc. Anyway, stoopid cheryl offers everyone (all like 30 people in your house) a cuppa, and never in my life have I heard an order like it!!! People were making all sorts of requests for how they wanted their tea bags freakin strained, some brewed for a certain amount of time, some wanted slightly less than boiling water...all kinds of blagging requests that I was compelled to manage due to the amount of amph i'd ingested...luckily I just remember Woody floating in like angel gabriel and saying 'do you want a hand'....think he did most of it in the end haha.....woody if you read this...do you remember?!!!!!

Good times :)
I'm quite good at the whole tea list thang! Have a pretty good memory so pretty much remember who wants what. And you've got to do it in an orderly fashion so you remember what was in what and who's it was. lol.

Funny tramp story though Chez! :rofl:

x

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Nope, it was manchester train station but that was the time when he was spangled yes! ;) And yes I also remember the randomer from Space who you picked up, funny as! ;) I think you referred to him as bland after you came round! lol.

I'm quite good at the whole tea list thang! Have a pretty good memory so pretty much remember who wants what. And you've got to do it in an orderly fashion so you remember what was in what and who's it was. lol.

Funny tramp story though Chez! :rofl:

x

Don't think you were around then or i'd have gladly fobbed it off on you lol :thumbsup:

p.s...don't think there were enough cups to go round either so people had to take it in turns too haha. I remember danny (superdan) making a proper tea list at bens after goodtimes once, full on sticky back plastic'd it and everything, it had all of the regualars orders on it so we had a permanent tea list of who has what for every future session...genius...:)

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
oh im deffo with ya on the whole tea list thing chez :rofl:

after one of the nights in scubar we all ended up back at shabbas, shooms, warren, jaxxy, duke n co, jiglo, radish.....some time in the next julember jaxxy decided to make a brew and it had to be the longest brwing up ever in the history of man lol

he only had to make about 4 brews and in the end it was all still completely wrong lol and we got it about 2 hours later lol

i was on the tea list back at ben fishers 1 time and i think it was superdan on a brwing mission.......had it down to a fine art lol

but also when uve drove back to somebodys after a night out and uve never been there before and time to go at some point the next day and somebody tries to give you directions.......even more so tries to make you a map:|

think ive still got that map somewhere and it was funny as feck, could of been sending me to the moon for all i knew coz the directions were mad as lol spesh when ur not in full compus mentus driving mode lol

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
oh im deffo with ya on the whole tea list thing chez :rofl:

after one of the nights in scubar we all ended up back at shabbas, shooms, warren, jaxxy, duke n co, jiglo, radish.....some time in the next julember jaxxy decided to make a brew and it had to be the longest brwing up ever in the history of man lol

he only had to make about 4 brews and in the end it was all still completely wrong lol and we got it about 2 hours later lol

i was on the tea list back at ben fishers 1 time and i think it was superdan on a brwing mission.......had it down to a fine art lol

but also when uve drove back to somebodys after a night out and uve never been there before and time to go at some point the next day and somebody tries to give you directions.......even more so tries to make you a map:|

think ive still got that map somewhere and it was funny as feck, could of been sending me to the moon for all i knew coz the directions were mad as lol spesh when ur not in full compus mentus driving mode lol

Ahahahahahahaha brilliant :thumbsup:

Good thread this :D

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
lol been chortling at this thread :thumbsup:

double barrel poppin for brekkie n decidin its a sunday, a nice visit to the church would be a good idea :crazy:

gettin into the church, pullin up a pew (literally) and the horror when the vicar comes out from the bit at the back where god hangs out, hang on a minute the vicar is actually a woman - a vicaress maybe?

hang on a minute. this vicaress is my old IT teacher from school :wave:

sit through a couple of tunes. have a good ol sing song. and get right into this god biz. then everyones up top gettin the scran n wine - not missin this even tho at this point i couldnt work out if i was allowed to because had i been confirmed? a quick word with me mate n he confirmed me n off we went :D

realised at this point just how intense it all was, hang on me brekkie is jus hittin me hard, oh no shes coming, me eyes are everywhere, aaargh, should i run away......

:jet: