• Depends on loved ones

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • When im a pensioner,YES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Underway already;) not definate but just keeping our options open.

Most countries which are half decent charge a fortune to get in, OZ is circa £4k all in on a 175!!

S

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
Her bro and sis moved to Oz about 2 yrs ago and love it. To far away for me, its to hot and everything is poisonous!

Considered emergrating to Cananda a few years ago but it never came off.

I like it here and i think once the novelty of a new place wore off, it would be the same as living anywhere.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
would be off to France in a shot if I could...wine food and sun :p

A dream only spoiled by the fact it is full of French people!!!

My brother and his girlfriend lived in Paris for 2 years and hated every minute. They are now in Adelaide and absolutly love it.

S

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Underway already;) not definate but just keeping our options open.

Most countries which are half decent charge a fortune to get in, OZ is circa £4k all in on a 175!!

S

I can move to Australia for free within a week or 2 if I wanted and be paid at least £2000+ a week, as so many people doing my job have done, but i've got a great family that i'd hate to be so far away from for too long. And money doesn't really motivate me other than having enough to live comfortably.

It doesn't stop me travelling the world mind when it takes my fancy, but i'd always want to be able to drop everything and head home if I needed to.

jim808

Sep 20, 2009
birstall/leeds
I can move to Australia for free within a week or 2 if I wanted and be paid at least £2000+ a week, as so many people doing my job have done, but i've got a great family that i'd hate to be so far away from for too long. And money doesn't really motivate me other than having enough to live comfortably.

It doesn't stop me travelling the world mind when it takes my fancy, but i'd always want to be able to drop everything and head home if I needed to.

jiglo . teach me your job and ill bloody go............sun sand, snakes and spiders. £2000 a week(show me the money) ill go tomoz .. :)

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
£2k/week = approx $170k aus/year which is high even for oz.

My job is no2 on schedule 1 (2nd most in demand job) and I would anticipate circa $100-$120k aus/year.

Regarding visa's 175 gives dual nationality after 2 years and the ability to work and live perminantly anywhere in oz and there the hardest to get!! As said only keeping options open.

S

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Off to live in New Zealand in Jan. can't wait pretty much got to the stage now where we have been given the opportunity to do this and we will give it a go, nothing to loose, gonna enjoy our last cold Xmas here then off for some summer sun.
I will very much miss the UK tho, even tho we Brits like a good moan, there is still a lot going for this country, in my opinion.

:thumbsup:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
Think id like that too, not too far away but far enough away :p good food wine and sun and they know how to revolt lolol :p

how to be revolting u mean lol :p

given the choice i'd probs go to spain, still great food and wine, still not too far away but better weather and nicer ppl. i'd have to choose the place carefully, wouldn't wanna end up in benidorm lol, maybe barcelona or somewhere like that ;)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
how to be revolting u mean lol :p

given the choice i'd probs go to spain, still great food and wine, still not too far away but better weather and nicer ppl. i'd have to choose the place carefully, wouldn't wanna end up in benidorm lol, maybe barcelona or somewhere like that ;)

yep id go to spain as well...:p are they less revolting then lol :p

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I think the difference between Spain and France is that in France you will have to learn the language to get by and fit into the culture and be accepted by the locals, but you'd probably get by being an ex pat in the Costa's with limited Spanish.

I've lived in the biggest ski resort in Canada for a long winter/spring about 8 years ago. It was a good laugh and I had the time of my life, but i'd saved up enough so I didn't have to work. You do start missing your family and friends at times and even food and drinks, but the distance was the biggest thing as it could have taken over a day at worst to get from the resort to the airport and then a 10 hour flight home.

If I had to live abroad I think Holland would be first choice as the locals are some of the friendliest people i've ever met on my travels and they all know how to have a good time:king: Spain would probably be really easy if you had the funds to support yourself though I reckon.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
jiglo . teach me your job and ill bloody go............sun sand, snakes and spiders. £2000 a week(show me the money) ill go tomoz .. :)

You'd need to be able to get an apprenticeship unfortunately Jim, but it's not always a cushy job mate. I've often thought about quiting and getting something in a nice warm office, but it's swings and roundabouts as things have been great the last 12 months and working outside in summertime can be just perfect when the weather is right.

I'm going to try to get my oldest nephew a start next year if he fancies it and the job situ is still looking bleak though, but he'd have to start off at the bottom.

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
My old man moved to Brisbane 8 years ago, he loves it. Given the opportunity I'd be there in a shot. Friends and family is a big thing but I genuinely think the quality of life is much much better over there so it would be worth it.