inner city - till we meet again, perkapella

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I'm pretty sure I've seen it. My mate used to have it. I think it may have been the b-side to something else.

I'll have a scout for you Ian :thumbsup:

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Ive got a theory on this :wave:

the accapella that Sasha uses has to be at about 120 for it to mix into Bladerunner - but on the original release the trackis only about 105bpm so this counts these release out.

However the remix was done by Brothers In Rhthym (about the same time that Sasha started using the accapella) - who sped the tune up for their Mighty Ming mixes - knowing that Sasha and Dave Seaman were quite pally around this time it may be likely that DS slipped Sasha a DAT with the accapella on and Sasha pressed up an acetate of this for his own use

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
lastnightadj said:
Ive got a theory on this :wave:

the accapella that Sasha uses has to be at about 120 for it to mix into Bladerunner - but on the original release the trackis only about 105bpm so this counts these release out.

However the remix was done by Brothers In Rhthym (about the same time that Sasha started using the accapella) - who sped the tune up for their Mighty Ming mixes - knowing that Sasha and Dave Seaman were quite pally around this time it may be likely that DS slipped Sasha a DAT with the accapella on and Sasha pressed up an acetate of this for his own use
I was going to say that I'm sure it was the promo of the Brothers In Rhythm release, as the copy my mate had was deffo a Ten Promo and it definitely had the Brothers In Rhythm mix on one side. In fact, come to think of it the mix in question may have been called the Brothers In Rhythm Percapella.

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Jonno said:
I was going to say that I'm sure it was the promo of the Brothers In Rhythm release, as the copy my mate had was deffo a Ten Promo and it definitely had the Brothers In Rhythm mix on one side. In fact, come to think of it the mix in question may have been called the Brothers In Rhythm Percapella.

I remember having many copies of the BIR/Ming promos in the shop on Ten - plain white sleeve with the long sticker at the top - but I cannot remember thwm having any kind of accapella on - I could be (very) wrong though

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
lastnightadj said:
I remember having many copies of the BIR/Ming promos in the shop on Ten - plain white sleeve with the long sticker at the top - but I cannot remember thwm having any kind of accapella on - I could be (very) wrong though
To be honest, knowing that you'd seen the promos, is what made me think twice about saying it was the BIR promo. I'm sure it was on there though, although it has to be said that it's more likely me being mistaken.

We need someone with the BIR promo!

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
lastnightadj said:
Tracklisting:
A1 Till We Meet Again (Brothers In Rhythm Remix) (7:12) Remix - Brothers In Rhythm A2 Till We Meet Again (Ming's Mighty Dub) (5:19) Remix - Brothers In Rhythm B1 Follow Your Heart (MK Mix) (7:07) Remix - Marc Kinchen B2 Follow Your Heart (Reese Deep Space Mix) (5:07) Mixed By - Kevin Saunderson

this is the release . tbh that looks the same as the promo
I'm sure I've seen something promo wise that didn't have 2 songs on both sides.

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Jonno said:
I'm sure I've seen something promo wise that didn't have 2 songs on both sides.

It would not surprise me if there were more mixes - i just remember selling some copies to MK fans on the ones we had

Ian should know more than all of us anyway - hasn;t he spent the last 3 years looking for this ;)

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
somewhere in an area near you
hehe actually ive been looking for it for yonks but ive only just rekindled the idea i have one promo tenxdj 414 has bir remix ,mings mighty dub mk mix and reese deep space mix, i actually bought it way back when ,when i heard sasha play the mings mighty dub ,back to back with bladerunner, its only years later ive wanted to know if the perkapella actually exists ,so im not one for giving up .
im used to 10-12 year struggles :(

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
king coe said:
i have one promo tenxdj 414 has bir remix ,mings mighty dub mk mix and reese deep space mix, i actually bought it way back when

lastnightadj said:
I remember having many copies of the BIR/Ming promos in the shop on Ten - plain white sleeve with the long sticker at the top

thats the one I was talking about.... if I had ever seen the accapella I would have picked it up _ I know this is one of your top wants :D