OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

808 hazy ! ok lets begin! 808 hazy ! ok lets begin! 808 hazy ! ok lets begin! 808 hazy ! ok lets begin! 808 hazy ! ok lets begin!
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

BBDD Easter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 808 hazy ! ok lets begin!

Well, I'd been looking forward to this one for a long time (my first Hazydayz!) and my first real 'night out' since October last year... so suffice to say that expectations were high...

Saturday afternoon came 'round sure enough and we began to get that feeling of intense nervous excitement.

Me and Cookie arrived at Sweets' house 7:45ish and we were greeted by Shoomie who made us feel like we'd known him for ages in just a few seconds, what a star you are mate

Me and the Shoomster talked football, listened to a few sounds, whilst demolishing Sweet's Cider supply as the girls got ready upstairs.

We set off around about 8:45, and due to some great driving from the Cookster and directional expertese provided by Shabba and Sweet we were at the car park in next to no time (or it seemed like that!). A quick walk to the venue and we were inside. Expected the £8 entry fee, £5 for OSA'ers!. What a bonus . Went inside the venue and I was blown away. It was already filling up nicely and the sound system was excellent. It was just like people had said, top atmosphere and frendly as anything!.

After a quick stop off at the bar (nice prices btw!) we proceeded to make our way through the excited crowd to the OSA area where we met up with the rest of the gang.

Going to do greets now, (apologies in advance for people I've forgot, not intentional - honest!)

Special greets to :

Jaxxy (what a star you are, as always mate, really good to see ya again!)
    Sweet (hope you had a good night!)
    Shabba (nice to finally meet you!)
    Blue Jammer (top bloke, must chat more next time)
    Doolz (nice to meet you, even if it was a brief 'Hi' upstairs)
    Northern Star (top girl!)
    Tall Paul (sorry didn't get to speak to you much on this occasion)
    DJ Dreamgirl (look forward to hearing more of your set next time)
    Joker Jen (again, didn't speak much, but was nice to see you)
    Pacman (as above!)
    SJ (nice to finally meet you, thanks for the help in the car park)
    Shoomy (for being a top bloke, must stay in touch!)
    Risky Lady
    Dannster
    Ste Huxley

and countless others!...

The music was fantastic, had my dancin shoes on all night! - how good were 808 state?!. I've never been a tunemeister, but they were all top notch and brought the memories of the early years flooding back. The night was over all too quickly, but it was simply superb and I'm already looking forward to my next one!.

Thanks to everyone who makes Hazy Dayz what it is, and I can't wait to see you all again at my next visit!.

Phil

Ive not done a review for a while, cos Im generally still a bit of a mess to type one out !!! But I didnt seem to be in such a mess this time lol !!

So I thought Id do one for this one and come out of review hiding

Well what can I say, another absolute stormer of a night, it was packed from the minute we got there

Vertigo played an amazing set and cheers for telling me you wanted to marry me all night I was most flattered oh and also for pushing me off the stage lol !!!!! How funny were you tho you were a right naughty scamp !!

808 state were absolutely amazing, my kind of old skool that was well impressed and thats the second hazy in a row that Ive heard energy flash

There is no way in the world I can miss a hazy, I love it so much, Im counting the days till the next one the minute I walk out of the club

Im not going to list everyone, but you all know I think youre all stars and love you loads but a big thank you goes to cookie for driving us there and back and also to vee and lozzie for putting up with us until this afternoon

Also nice one to Shooms, BJ and TK Tonny (if its you, my little stage dancing partner) for you know what oh and thank you northern star for the compliment I grew very attached to my hair and didnt want to take it off ! Cheers shabba and cookie for making sure it didnt move all night (and all the next day too !!)

Im gutted that I forgot my camera this time, I felt like I had something missing and I saw loads of cracking photo opportunitys, but Im sure theres been plenty taken

Anyway, nice one mart and grover for yet another rocking night

Sweet xxx
    Naughty, but......

....(The Godfather of House Flirted With Me!!!)

aka sweet p, mrs c and pauly p's missus!

'You can't sit down with a record in one hand and match it to something else. It should just hit you.' - Erol Alkan

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Well, I'd been looking forward to this one for a long time (my first Hazydayz!) and my first real 'night out' since October last year... so suffice to say that expectations were high...

Saturday afternoon came 'round sure enough and we began to get that feeling of intense nervous excitement.

Me and Cookie arrived at Sweets' house 7:45ish and we were greeted by Shoomie who made us feel like we'd known him for ages in just a few seconds, what a star you are mate

Me and the Shoomster talked football, listened to a few sounds, whilst demolishing Sweet's Cider supply as the girls got ready upstairs.

We set off around about 8:45, and due to some great driving from the Cookster and directional expertese provided by Shabba and Sweet we were at the car park in next to no time (or it seemed like that!). A quick walk to the venue and we were inside. Expected the £8 entry fee, £5 for OSA'ers!. What a bonus . Went inside the venue and I was blown away. It was already filling up nicely and the sound system was excellent. It was just like people had said, top atmosphere and frendly as anything!.

After a quick stop off at the bar (nice prices btw!) we proceeded to make our way through the excited crowd to the OSA area where we met up with the rest of the gang.

Going to do greets now, (apologies in advance for people I've forgot, not intentional - honest!)

Special greets to :

Jaxxy (what a star you are, as always mate, really good to see ya again!)
    Sweet (hope you had a good night!)
    Shabba (nice to finally meet you!)
    Blue Jammer (top bloke, must chat more next time)
    Doolz (nice to meet you, even if it was a brief 'Hi' upstairs)
    Northern Star (top girl!)
    Tall Paul (sorry didn't get to speak to you much on this occasion)
    DJ Dreamgirl (look forward to hearing more of your set next time)
    Joker Jen (again, didn't speak much, but was nice to see you)
    Pacman (as above!)
    SJ (nice to finally meet you, thanks for the help in the car park)
    Shoomy (for being a top bloke, must stay in touch!)
    Risky Lady
    Dannster
    Ste Huxley

and countless others!...

The music was fantastic, had my dancin shoes on all night! - how good were 808 state?!. I've never been a tunemeister, but they were all top notch and brought the memories of the early years flooding back. The night was over all too quickly, but it was simply superb and I'm already looking forward to my next one!.

Thanks to everyone who makes Hazy Dayz what it is, and I can't wait to see you all again at my next visit!.

Phil
    Nice one Phil - Top read that...

Glad u enjoyed it

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sensation

Vertigo played an amazing set and cheers for telling me you wanted to marry me all night I was most flattered oh and also for pushing me off the stage lol !!!!! How funny were you tho you were a right naughty scamp !!
    LOL.... Have to say, at last count I think I asked 37 people to marry me.... including Tall Paul if I remember rightly.... Could have had something to do with the fact that I nicked most of 808 State's tray of lager (and drank it )... so if everyone I asked says yes, then I'm in the sh*t up to my neck... especially with my missus!!... Anyway, the beach party'll sort it all out, cos when I wear shorts, I have the kind of knees that make people scream and run for cover when they see 'em... Top night tho, thanks to everyone who keeps making it that good month after month... Didn't feel very well on the Sunday tho... Maybe I'm getting old...

Everywhere & nowhere baby, that's where I'm at...
    LOL "Oh what a night....."

I feel so proud to be part of Hazy its untrue... proper rocking gaff, proper vibe, proper tunes - nuff respect to all involved, promotors, staff, DJ's & crowd..

Thanks to all for me birthday cards/pressies/drinks/offers of sex - you really made my night special Annie - I lost me CD Any chance of another copy pwease & I promise I'll not get & leave stuff randomly & then forget where it was at the end of the night Also a huuuuge thanks & sorry to the mad upstairs crew who ended up downstairs lol & who I buzz off every month... cheers for the offer of the afters - deffo take you up on it again.... I'm crap with names but special mentions to the tall guy with the pony tail with the hazy tee & the beautiful tall lass with the long hair & lovely smile - love the pair of yas

Vertigo was rocking as usual - top set - taking you on a proper journey Can I pls pls pls make an early request for Inner City - Praise (think its the Reese spiritual mix) for next Hazy ? Me & Sweet were buzzing of that tape you sent her & that tune in particular... love me gospel me - proper uplifting that were & werent you a right mischevious scamp all night lololol - Top work fella

808 State - originators... nuff respect guys... you got the gaff rocking & no mistake... wicked tunes... loved the opening with infiltrate 202... oh yes Hope to see you back.. Hazy is like Pringles.... once you pop you cant stop

Sir Michael of Knowler-ton... nice to have ya back mate top choons & especially loved that drop into that ole funk number that Secchi - Keep on jammin sampled

Hazy crew - you're all ace & would take me forever to mention everyone but special shouts to:

Cookie & Phil - well made up you both came out to play & werent it just how we said ? Cheers for the liftage & look forward to many more nights of madness with you both in the future

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeee & Doolz - proper good to see PR represented & made up to see you there Konichiwaaaaaaaaa

Jonnykip - couldnt believe me eyes when you were there Chuffed to feck & top hairnet madness from ya

Marchwiel - top to see you again & cheers for me drinkies - loved the G&T/pellet combo... its the way forward fella

Vee & Lozzie for the hospitality afterwards You're both ace

The rinkydink Dannster & Dr Huxtable (& his paaaaaan !) - top buzz as ever

Lorrigan - nice to meet ya fella Top madness

Plebby & missus - innit mint - raaaaaaaa

Flange & Ange - special couple - love the pair of yas....

VA - always, always a pleasure to waffle tune shite forever & a day mate

My Sale partners in crime... Shabba 'Soiled Goods' Dabba Dooooo & Sweet 'Do you fancy another half ?' Sensation Special ladies in me life.... here comes the crescendo

Missing & missed :

Pauly P, Grad, Konspiracy, Jonno & Lesley, Minxy, Katoosh, Lee & Katie.... get yr bums out to play soon ya hear

Bring on next Hazy - cant wait

As usual me & Elvis are there. In ya face with the Hazy cam. No hiding from Elvis and his trusty shakey hand.
    Couldn't believe how busy it was when we got there, so startin good already. A few more of my mates (hazy virgins) were post to met me there later. They rang me at 10:45 and couldn't get in. Full House.

As usual Vertigo starts us all on the best foot. Brillant.

808 State my god sent shivers down me spine tunes i had not heard for ages.

Mike Knowler great stuff, couldn't stop signing might aswell been a karaoke, proper hoarse day after.

Marks out of 10 for the tunes i would have to say BOSS

Another all round good nite had by 1 an all.
    Met loads of people can't remember all the names.
    Sweet you are welcome glad i could help.

To the people at the after party Ta for the invite I had a BOSS time. Dancin on me toes Billy Elliot Styley.
    Lollypop Lady have you sorted out me D.L.A yet lol.

See ya all next time and remember...........

IF ITS NOT HAZY AM NOT HAPPY

absolute rockin night. Can't say i remember too much though, with not driving the drink demons came out with me too and kinda took over. So thats me explanation for my strange random body movements which may of been mistaken for dancing but they were pure balance recovery moves.

Big up to every1. Know i've not played out for a while but you all made no issue of it and welcomed me back as though it was only yesterday i'd last seen you. All tops as ever.

Can't begin to mention every1's name cause i can't be arsed, lol but here's a few. To every1 else missed out, you all tops.

Firstly S-J for the non-stop pestering to get me out. Cheers hun, worked in end. lol
    Mart - nice 1 for tellin mr doorman to let us in, was panicking for a sec there. Cheers geezar.
    Din dan the pink chest shaven man - Cheers for sortin me out fella. Star in everyway.
    SteJ - For bein you ya mad ed.
    VA - Muchio grassy arse for liftage Manny fella. Well appreciated.
    Shooooms - Always a pleasure sir. Diamond geezar.
    Sweets - Ya me hunny. Absolutely top lass. An cheers for takin all me randomly thrown insults.
    Shabbs - Pure madness hun, tops see ya agin and on such ace form. Don't ever change now.
    Jaxx - Had top laugh with ya chief back at mash up. True gent in everyway.
    Veee & Lozzie - Both absolutely fantastic for letting every1 back. Truly great peeps. + cheers for the train station drop off. Would never of found it without ya.
    Pacman - Still not had proper chance to chat chief but lift station was well appreciated ace.
    Marchweil - Proper buzzed off ya chief everytime i've seen ya. Hopefully won't be too long till the next strange headwearing parade.
    Flange/Ange - Good to have a proper chat to ya on way home. 2 great peeps.
    Cookie - Good see ya out hun. Hope ya enjoyed it. (As if you couldn't)

lol - mentioned more than i wanted to there but it's done now.

To all the others. You make the night bounce along as it is meant to. Nice 1 and hopefully see y'all again sometime soon.

PS. Hygiene first. Hair nets compulsary!!
    PINKCRUSADER

thanks

thanks to everyone once again for making it a top night .....apoligies to anyone that couldn't get in after 10.30......by that time the club was over capacity and was impossible to squeeze any more people in(even some of my mates couldn't get in). wicked sets from all the dj's .....808 state dj's were superb(never heared the ya ya's - looove(quadromania mix) played in a club before...it's usually the piano/house mix .....but it sounded great) ....it's just a pity that we weren't allowed to record their set. vertigo looked like he enjoyed himself (at 1 point i was ringing my mum up to go and buy a new hat lol ). proper air conditioning is being fitted soon so hopefully will be up and running for next month

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Moon
    LOL.... Have to say, at last count I think I asked 37 people to marry me.... including Tall Paul if I remember rightly.... Could have had something to do with the fact that I nicked most of 808 State's tray of lager (and drank it )... so if everyone I asked says yes, then I'm in the sh*t up to my neck... especially with my missus!!... Anyway, the beach party'll sort it all out, cos when I wear shorts, I have the kind of knees that make people scream and run for cover when they see 'em... Top night tho, thanks to everyone who keeps making it that good month after month... Didn't feel very well on the Sunday tho... Maybe I'm getting old...

Im sooooo disappointed now I thought I was the only one, I was going to say yes un all (only so I could get half share of your tunes tho ) hee hee you were so funny, you were a proper naughty scamp !!!

Btw - answer your texts
    Naughty, but......

....(The Godfather of House Flirted With Me!!!)

aka sweet p, mrs c and pauly p's missus!

'You can't sit down with a record in one hand and match it to something else. It should just hit you.' - Erol Alkan

Wahayeeeeeee

HEY HEY HEY YES YES YES The place was rocking once more very sad to hear it wasnt recorded the 808 set but hey I got alot on video First of all Id like to Thank SUPERFREAK AND CO For letting me do the after partie at there house What a party Was off me tits but kept The tunes spining.. Thanks angie for the lift there and back in the morning With all my gear how the hell did we get into that corsa il never know lol hope the coffee sorted you out Thanks to TAG for keeping the tunes going when I was fucked WERE DID YOU GO BUD MR SCARLET PIMPERNEL 9247373 LOL Met some Boss people that night Especially in the after partie was ace rocked on till 10:00 next morning Well thats when I got off What time did it really finish I wonder And Miss Pretty Brown Eyes LOLLIPLOP LADY I see now you have found new friends and Elvo Has been chased Did you enjoy your Jd With MR SHADES He Was funny had a great time even tho you didnt gab much to me LOL He He He WHAT DID YAS GET UP 2 YOUR DEAD ON CHEACKERS CROWN ME |Now Hazy dayz First of all what happened to vertigo he was off his barnet kept trying to get piggy backs off me and pushed me off stage three thousand times ahuh Was dead funny told him to put cape on back of Mike Knowler He got a towell and put it over his back and gave him a rub down instead was funny got it on tape He Kept shouting "ITS SHITE IN HERE LETS GET OFF" he was funny as fuck what was he drinking i wonder He played a belter as usaul was really good to see him enjoying himself What can i say about 808 state but fucking mind blowing "PROPER PROPER TABLET TUNES" Sorry for the No Show Of are top Dancer SUPER KEV What a night to miss aswell Me and me mate TK TONNY Were doing the bring me sunshine dance to try and get crowd going Never worked tho ahuh Even me elvis moves never lol Thanks to all the girls who gave me a big kiss mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm TASTEY Mike Knowler aswell what a tune to start off with HARDCORE UPROAR love it Every one on a happy vibe no nobheads no kick offs and no grief all in all what can i say but a back on form hazydayz night il never forget You can tell its getting really popular now tho cus it was half full at half 9 and im usauly in there with super kev proping up the bar on are own lol Or with the osa crew thanks for coming over and saying ello Im sorry that i havent dished out any vids yet but video tape and cam have had to be replaced me Kids Done the once over on them with drinks and there fucked hopefully sorting em out this weekend so if youve asked for one itll be on its way as soon as......... Had to borrow friends camera thought it was no good till i found out it had night vision great for in hazy cus it was so dark this time only thing is everyone looks like the hulk but its really good i wa so worieed about battrie running out but it ended up being better than the normal one A Big thanks To Mart and Grover congratulations Mart Love ya loads Mate Will Try to bring a funky prezzie for ya next month for the little love of your life..Grover mate is the any chance i can pop down to get video back off you and give you the full one sometime let me know mate really need that tape back thanks bud believe me the full version is alot better Got ya again dancin mate but missed shaz as i know she hates video cam now LOL Went out a few times to say ello any chance of picking a few copies of the cds youve done id be really made up of the hazynights..... missed out on picking up a few at the club cus I was off me head as per usaul love you and your shaz loads but YOU KNOW THAT Speak to yas soon big shput to osa and as you know IF ITS NOT HAZY WERE NOT HAPPY
    Last edited by elvisontour; 3rd August 2004 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grover
    proper air conditioning is being fitted soon so hopefully will be up and running for next month
    WooooooooooHoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A hardy perrenial bush diver & hardest mo-fo drinker in the hizz-house. WAY more intelligent that her looks indicate & WAY more sensitive than her hard bitch exterior indicates. A loyal friend & one in a million. You would be very lucky if you ever have one of these in your life. Has a tendancy to piss herself in public occasionally.

ok!! hi everyone
    its neet, jays (plebheads) girlfriend.

My first post

Just wanted to say a really big THANKYOU to all of you

Ive gotta say i was absolutly overwhelmed,,,it was amazing

risky lady: You are a diamond Thankyou for making me feel so welcome. Ill see you next month.
    BJ lovley to meet you
    northen star: lovley to meet you too
    sj and joker
    I cant remember everyones names,,, but thankyou
    c u all soon

neet

pmls "guy with pony tail and hazy tee shirt" (shooms)

That's me shooms lol, hehe, I missed u at the end of the night i was going to ask u and ur crew back to the bash at mine aftrewards.

BIG BIG THANKYOU to ELVISONTOUR, you where the man of the hour, evry body who came to after party was well impressed with the set up, carn't thank you enugh for that m8.

A Big shout to all the OSA crew who put faces to there names coming over and saying hello.

Mart & Grover another top night guys.

Big shout to Dr. Light Sticks, top hair cut fella. (hope you got home ok, hmmm was u ok driving)

www.piraterevival.co.uk
    100% Old Skool Internet Radio Hazy Dayz info below
    http://www.hazydayz.com/
    Keeping it real keeping it old skool

Hey hey, I've just remembered....

When I was talking to Andy from 808, I was telling him about a post I made on their forums, and even gave him a printed out copy as he hadn't read his PM's lol, and he said to me "look, there's livewire"

Anyone that used to listen to their radio show will surely remember livewire, from wigan I think, he used to ring up from different locations each week, whispering, and laughing manically lol

Anyone else spot him, or get a snap of him?!!

Have to say, this was the best Hazy's I've been to. Big thanks to Mart, Mick, Sharon and the Lollipop-lady .

Far to many people to give shouts out, so just a big shout to all that went . It was only after I had left and got back to my mates that it dawned on me that I'd actually gone to the club on my own. Don't think I stopped talking to people or rocking all-night.

Cheers to all and big apology to anyone who got a bit battered by my endless drive l. As I no doubt told you several times I'd been on a hen-night before hand and was a bit pished before I got in.