OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

Last Rhythm/Accapella Last Rhythm/Accapella Last Rhythm/Accapella Last Rhythm/Accapella Last Rhythm/Accapella
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

BBDD Easter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Rhythm/Accapella

Last Rhythm/Accapella

Alright everyone, a just wanted to know what people thought about using Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm with an accapella. Ive heard people in the past say that this tune is so good it doesnt really need an accapella and I agree with them. Ive know people use the Freestyle Orchestra over it but i dont think it works out that well. One of the ones i use is the accapella of Opus iii - Its A Fine Day and to me it sounds mint

Quote Originally Posted by blandy View Post
    Alright everyone, a just wanted to know what people thought about using Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm with an accapella. Ive heard people in the past say that this tune is so good it doesnt really need an accapella and I agree with them. Ive know people use the Freestyle Orchestra over it but i dont think it works out that well. One of the ones i use is the accapella of Opus iii - Its A Fine Day and to me it sounds mint

lol ooohhh dont get this lot started! It's scandalous to stick an accapella over last rhythm don't you know?

In response to your question though. The 2006 Martijn Ten Velden mix of Last Rhythm sounds amazing with Shannon - Let the music play or Pamela Fernandez - Kickin' in the beat accapella over it! They fit perfectly

I did stick an accapella over the original a while back that sounded really good, can't remember what it was though, but I remember it didnt begin to compare with the Silvie Coleman vocal mix so I didnt play it again...

I do remember a vertigo tape where he played a black box accapella over the top....or could have been 49ers

Anyway sounded quality

CHECKOUT MY DISCOGS SALES....FREE POST ON 5 OR MORE TUNES ORDERED....JUST CLICK ON THE RIGHT YEAR BELOW

1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995

MY MOST RECENT MIX

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum...5-e-tunes.html

It probably is that good you can play it without an acca.... but also sounds good if you get it right with an acca over it.... i heard one over the weekend that Woody played and it sounded great... Colonel Abrahams - trapped over it.
    John Kelly used to play love is in the air over it which wasn't in tone really but it worked really well in a club...

here's one that i used to do lol... fever called love..

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

closing down sale @ RETRO-TRAX all records 50p each or 3 for 1.00
    Quote Originally Posted by grover View Post
    It probably is that good you can play it without an acca.... but also sounds good if you get it right with an acca over it.... i heard one over the weekend that Woody played and it sounded great... Colonel Abrahams - trapped over it.
    John Kelly used to play love is in the air over it which wasn't in tone really but it worked really well in a club...

here's one that i used to do lol... fever called love..

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

nice work plutes , im same as u on the JK mix with LAST RHYTHM / LOVE IS IN THE AIR accapella , sorta worked ok ish

http://www.quadrantpark.com/mp3/sound3.mp3

although not really my cup of tea AT ALL thousands of happy clubbers cheered in the quad when it came on in 91 so i suppose its all bout rite time rite place ,

I've got two slabs of vinyl with last rhythm and accas over it
    Circuit - Shelter me and Peech Boys - Don't make me wait.

Both are lush

Andy

hoxton whores v's last rhythm, top tune

Yeah That Moon-ra...last Rhythm/Peech boys one is about the best i've heard i think. Ed
    www.off-the-cuff.com

www.myspace.com/offthecuffinfo

(Not my Myspace btw..just promoting a friends music)

Quality tune, either on its own or with voclas. A big fan of Sasha's mixes using accapellas over it.
    Also like this mix by Trix, not strictly an accapella but a nice use of vocals at the start.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sex Panther, 60% of the time it works everytime...

Skipton, North Yorks. now live nearby in the valley.......

my view on this is :-

It's a classic tune which sounds amazing on it's own and I don't mix an acca over it I like it how it is.....

BUT

I love almost more than the original :-

LAST RHYTHM FEAT. SYLVIE CARTER - REMIX

tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooone !!!!!!!!!

Bob

XBOX Live Gamertag : PrivatePile76

I'm with you Bob, don't like acca's over last rhythm, only as there's a lot of key changes in melodies in last rhythm, so most acca's sound out of tune over the top of it.

The vocal remix is class, I'd say I like the orig and vocal remix just the same

Quote Originally Posted by blue jammer View Post
    The vocal remix is class, I'd say I like the orig and vocal remix just the same
    Thats a very brave thing to say mate, its like saying you liked Naf Naf the same as Naff Co. 54 exactly the same, we all know the proper one is the best

Quote Originally Posted by blandy View Post
    Thats a very brave thing to say mate, its like saying you liked Naf Naf the same as Naff Co. 54 exactly the same, we all know the proper one is the best
    LOL each to their own, I find if you play one, then play the other so as your not hammering one all the time, you don't get sick of either then

Iv said this before but my favourite version is the Jimmy Gomez remix

Adore the original & vocal mix too

Italo at its very best

Oh and sounds good with or without an acca imo

Check Out my OSA DJ Profile - contains links to a few of my mixes including my OSA & Timeless competition winning mix exclusively available to gold members

Click Here

astral mix

Have a listen to the astral mix, which appears on this release
    Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm (Remix Featuring Silvie Carter)

I know theres no vocals on this un, but for me is one of the best remixes there is

Andy T