PDA

View Full Version : not forgotten sat15/5/04

peanut pete
17th May 2004, 06:56 AM
tunes buzzin,door man attitude could not give a fcuk,great night until immature nobs cant handle there sweeties and it was closed down,sorry sully nice club great tunes,but the door staff couldnt make fcukin mother care look secure,nipper, wearden and the rest of the djs including yourself sully much respect for the tunes,the door staff could not handle the crow that is down to the club manager how was a wet tissue anyway.
so til next time.
asta la vista from the peanut. :hugehat:

Sully
17th May 2004, 08:37 AM
The night went very well apart from said incident - which i stuck my neck out and resolved myself with no help from the 'Security' team..... still to be told that the night would be finished early.

I apologise to all for the 130 finish but it was a great night up until then and most people weren't even aware of the 'scuffle' (there wasn't even a punch thrown). Security will be be reviewed for future events.

Great sets by Noz, Jay Wearden, Eddy Osborne and Ben Fisher - the atmoshpere was ace. I also watched in amazement as Nipper's hand was a blur on the crossfader - unbelievable scratching and an equally great set. Big thanks to the Good Times Crew and also MC Maddox for agreeing to appear.

Jon Da Silva on June 5th, i expect a different crowd for this one but security will be improved - hope to see you all there.

Thanks to everyone who came and it was good to meet some of the OSA crew at last (Blue Jammer, Northern Minx, Shabba, Jonny Kip, Butty, Liquid E - there was loads more but my head was all over tryin to keep tabs on the night..!).

Sully.

northern minx
17th May 2004, 10:17 AM
most people weren't even aware of the 'scuffle' (there wasn't even a punch thrown). Security will be be reviewed for future events.

indeed there was coz i was stuck in the middle of 6 lads that were brawling big style, and i got punched in the head :@ :'(
i shit meself to be honest, i was proper seeing stars, and didnt feel right for ages after that, my head is still bruised and sore today

i thought the lads had been thrown out yet half hour later it all kicked off again and then the place shut and ben hadnt even done his set.. :(

wot is wrong with these people, i just dont get it, why wud anyone go to an oldskool nite and fight, it totally goes against everything that it is all about.. i was gutted:(

apart from that, it was ace to see everyone, especially tall paul, better late than never!.

eddy u played a blinder:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nipper is the dogs bollax :king: and wot a rite sound bloke he is too, proper nice and friendly, cool as fek, cant wait to get him to hazy for a nite out:)

the upstairs of this club was great too, me and shabbs went for a great sit up there, dead chilled, nice big sofas, listened to echo beach:thumbsup:

anyhows still was a great nite and thanks to all those involved in it!

fantastic to meet fran too, i am so gonna get her on ere
i hav found my twin of crazy dancing nutter loving the tunes to the max! wot a star she was:heart:

and the rest of ya, thanks so much for a fab time, for taking care of me, entertaining me, and generally just for being your beautiful selves:heart: :heart: :heart:

:wave: :wave: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

peanut pete
17th May 2004, 11:37 AM
indeed there was coz i was stuck in the middle of 6 lads that were brawling big style, and i got punched in the head :@ :'(
i shit meself to be honest, i was proper seeing stars, and didnt feel right for ages after that, my head is still bruised and sore today

i thought the lads had been thrown out yet half hour later it all kicked off again and then the place shut and ben hadnt even done his set.. :(

wot is wrong with these people, i just dont get it, why wud anyone go to an oldskool nite and fight, it totally goes against everything that it is all about.. i was gutted:(

apart from that, it was ace to see everyone, especially tall paul, better late than never!.

eddy u played a blinder:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nipper is the dogs bollax :king: and wot a rite sound bloke he is too, proper nice and friendly, cool as fek, cant wait to get him to hazy for a nite out:)

the upstairs of this club was great too, me and shabbs went for a great sit up there, dead chilled, nice big sofas, listened to echo beach:thumbsup:

anyhows still was a great nite and thanks to all those involved in it!

fantastic to meet fran too, i am so gonna get her on ere
i hav found my twin of crazy dancing nutter loving the tunes to the max! wot a star she was:heart:

and the rest of ya, thanks so much for a fab time, for taking care of me, entertaining me, and generally just for being your beautiful selves:heart: :heart: :heart:

:wave: :wave: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxidint see any oh sorry somebody said "good night "but were they really door men or just freeloading dole lay abouts out to earn 10 bob and say WE ARE DOOR MEN with small willys and no personallity sort the security out and it will be better all round,as for the boys who get to hiper on sweeties if you cant handle them dont come to our nights our and spoil it for the genuine old school people who just want to re-live there passed.
ps.. hope that what happened didnt really spoil anyones night keep up the faith.
asta lavista
the :hugehat: peanut

G HYPNOTIC
17th May 2004, 12:20 PM
Don't be put off by a few D!!!'eds.Your night seemed to have a good atmosphere & vibe. Sort the security and you should be OK.
Good luck.
Cheers
Gary

peanut pete
17th May 2004, 12:31 PM
Don't be put off by a few D!!!'eds.Your night seemed to have a good atmosphere & vibe. Sort the security and you should be OK.
Good luck.
Cheers
Gary
the minority spoilit for the majority always
the peanut

Quey
17th May 2004, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble. :(

Im sure if you keep the w**kers out next time it will be a great night. Good luck fellas :thumbsup:

'Shabba'
17th May 2004, 01:27 PM
Well i had a top night, oblivious to everything going on as usual, until minxy came over with a huge bruise on her forehead!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for that.

I liked the venue, didn't really like the atmospere early on so went and sat upstairs with minx which was ace, dead chilled and could have a right good natter. Then by the time we came back down it had filled up a bit and was starting to get going. :thumbsup:

A big :thumbsup: to all the DJ's. Did get a bit confuesd about Ray Reardon being on the decks, Noz told me he was going back to back with Dickie Davies but we got that one cleared up in the end! Nipper was pure class as usual, i could watch him mix all night!!!!!!!!!

Cheers everyone who was there, see you all again soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :wave:

SEXIPUSSI
17th May 2004, 01:52 PM
WKDDDDDDD NITE AND my baby nozzzzzz ur a star, can't believe i have met the man of my dreams!! at last!....gr8 set and i luv u so very very very much!!!!!!
Fran and misstickle u go girlies shaggin them thangzzzzzz n gr8 lesbian orgie 2 finish the nite off a treat!!!!!!!!!

wot more can i say???

purrrrrrrfect ..luv m'rs pussi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Sully
17th May 2004, 02:10 PM
sorry to hear you got caught in all that minxy, i do remember you tellin me now but i was in the middle of it all tryin to sort it out. if the 4 of want to come to our next event (Jon Da Silva), let me know and i'll put you on the guest list.

there will be extra security on at our future saturday events (including INSIDE the club!!), door searches and no groups of all lads (4 and above).

i'm sure our future events won't attract that crowd as your likely to see more dj's like jon da silva from now on but we will be prepared just in case....

thanks to everyone for comin and it was nice to meet you at last gary hyp - cheers for the advice (quey as well - see you at the next one mate, hope your enjoyin the sunshine over there...!!).

Sully.

S-30

Miss C
17th May 2004, 04:00 PM
Had a fantastic night, luckily me n eddy left b4 the fighting. was absoloutley pissed outa my brains wen we left. Eddy u were absoloutley brilliant, as soon as u came on the floor was just rammed, it got really really hot in there as well.

Nice 2 see a few ppl who we wernt expecting there too - shabba, minx...

Noz
17th May 2004, 04:54 PM
Thought it was a pretty successful night that, thought the venue was really good, goin upstairs for a breather and listen to a bit of rock :o .

DJ's were all good from what i can remember, Shit hot set by Mr Eddy Osborne, I just gotta remember to bring the RIGHT tunes next time im out. Shame about the kick-offs but you cant have everything.

Mrs Pussy Love you too very much, cheers for hanging on for nipper and for another superb weekend. Loved the lesbo action and have the pics in my possession :eyebrow: :spin: :he she: :heart: .

easty
17th May 2004, 06:06 PM
Heard about the trouble from the culprits, sully knows em and knows the score. It was 2 lads who kind of knock about with each other letting petty arguments from days gone bar resurface when they were of their faces. From what i have heard this little eppisode was no way indictive of the whole night.
I also heard about the complete lack of balls coming from the security, this seriously needs to be adressed. It needs some one with an s-30 connection to stand at the door.
Hopefully last night was just a one off, like i said the trouble was more a personal matter between mates rather than a serious problem that people should be worried about.
Bring on the next one

easty
17th May 2004, 06:08 PM
LOL the trouble on saturday pales into insignificance compared to the full scale riot we had at our first night. Just ask RJ how bad it was LOL

sweet sensation
17th May 2004, 06:56 PM
I had an ok night but that wasnt a reflection on the night itself. I was just really tired and didnt have the energy to dance loads :S think everything had caught up on me :S

Was great to be out and about again, Ive missed it...

I reck the fighting was cos there was so much testosterone in the place !!!

How Many Men !!! Lol !

Was wicked to hear some hardcore being played, had to have a dance to that :head: and spesh to hear Energy Flash, havent heard that out in years, so nice one to who played it :thumbsup: it got me up and dancing again for 5mins !

All the DJs I Heard played good sets and well Nipper, say no more the guys a genius and a thoroughly nice guy too, oh yes and quite sexy :eyebrow:

I liked the venue too, a nice size, but it didnt half get hot in there :|

Sort your security out tho, cos poor old minxy got a right bash in the head :naughty: but if thats the case easty, then hopefully it wont happen again.....

misstickle
17th May 2004, 07:03 PM
I was lucky enough to miss the brawling, but to all the promoters, don't worry, I'm sure no-body's upset about it. You can't go to any good rave and not expect to see a scrap.

Anyway fantastic night. Loved the venue, cool, intimate but not too crowded!
Wicked tunes downstairs, nice bit of chilled indie upstairs.

Nice to meet the OSA crew-

Blue jammer, sorry I didn't get to chat to you more than I did, think you're a star on the board.

Pussi(my lurver), Fran and Kim :luv: quality birds :thumbsup: and my old ravin mate bernadette

Noz and Grad :thumbsup: quality blokes

Nice to meet Northen Minx, Sweet sensation, shabba, jonnykip (who seemed to be having a kip) And all the other peeps whose name I didn't catch.

Oh yeah Kris, when did you get a turnip head? :P :condom:

And sorry for being an epilepsy geek, but big respect to whoever put a sign up about strobe lights. Have not seen that in a club before and think it should be standard. Luckily for me the lights were fine so all was good in the Manchester hood. Anyway nice one for that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart:

This is getting far too arse licky for me so nice one and peace out....

dannster
17th May 2004, 07:29 PM
Glad to see yas all had a good time! Will try an make it to one soon hopefully. Hope Security gets sorted so Its a Not Forgotten instead of a Best Kept Forgotten! LOL soz couldnt help the punnage! Nice to see ya could make it out clubbin again mizi an everythin went ok :thumbsup:

misstickle
17th May 2004, 07:39 PM
Glad to see yas all had a good time! Will try an make it to one soon hopefully. Hope Security gets sorted so Its a Not Forgotten instead of a Best Kept Forgotten! LOL soz couldnt help the punnage! Nice to see ya could make it out clubbin again mizi an everythin went ok :thumbsup:

Cheers babe :heart: Sorry you weren't there, twas a good un!! :thumbsup: Sure I'll see you soon mate x x :wave:

easty
17th May 2004, 08:27 PM
I reck the fighting was cos there was so much testosterone in the place !!!

How Many Men !!! Lol !

Sully fella, you need to do something about this LOL we can't be having a lack of birds on ANY night out.

Sweet that is deffo the case regarding the fighting. I was not there but i have spoken to the people responsible and it was a personal matter between 2 failsworth lads that got out of hand, basically one of them does not like the other. The funny thing is that the lad responsible said it was a top night, although he had a funny way of showing how much he was enjoying himself

JohnnyPink
18th May 2004, 10:38 AM
Had a top time. Enjoyed meself loads. Well impressed by sullys set. phones: Didn't really see any scuffles meself but tbh i was pretty wrecked. :D :thumbsup: Sorted venue and i'm sure i'll be there again. Nice 1. :thumbsup:

'Shabba'
18th May 2004, 10:57 AM
Sully fella, you need to do something about this LOL we can't be having a lack of birds on ANY night out.

Sweet that is deffo the case regarding the fighting. I was not there but i have spoken to the people responsible and it was a personal matter between 2 failsworth lads that got out of hand, basically one of them does not like the other. The funny thing is that the lad responsible said it was a top night, although he had a funny way of showing how much he was enjoying himself

It doesn't really matter who it was or what it was about, it shouldn't have gotten so out of hand and should have been dealt with alot sooner than it did.

You might want to tell em that next time they've got issues to sort out, can they please do it where innocent bystanders who are just trying to have a good time aren't gonna get punched in the head. :thumbsup:

grad
18th May 2004, 11:09 AM
yeah top night from what i can remember, sully's set was ace, had me jumping all over the place..after that things got a little :fekked: and I remember very little...in fact the only other thing is seeing a few coppers in there and having to leave.

nice to meet roz..looking well loved up with noz...

venue was cool, didn't see or hear any of the trouble, will give it another go soon :thumbsup:

oh and them things at the bar for cooling the glasses down, i liked that.

Eddy Osborne
18th May 2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the comments peeps so much appriciated :thumbsup: I had a brilliant time and loved everybodys set in a different way, from noz to jay wearden and then sully, they were all ace :D :cool: . We left during nippers set due to my mate off to live in spain and it was his leaving do, but from what i caught of it, it was a cracker just like the rest.

I highly highly enjoyed it and thanks to sully and ben for sortin it :thumbsup:

PhattKatt
18th May 2004, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear it went tits up, I left before it all went off but had a great night from the off.
Nice to see Ben , Eddy and Missy(hope your heads ok :naughty: ) again, also nice to chat to Sweet & Shabba even though I think I confused you a bit coz you don't know who the f*ck I am!!

Energy Flash a definite highlight 'specially followed by D.O.C (I think?). Also a tune played by Eddy which I've always loved but never found out what it's called (Noz is on the case so the mystery draws to an end..........).

As I said, I missed the handbags so can only recall a quality night when even m'laydee got lucky before we got home (not with me mind :eyebrow: !!), hope to be back soon to a good venue with quality tunes and great people.

P.S - Only just posting coz I've had worms :$ , little buggers!!

'Shabba'
18th May 2004, 07:52 PM
nice to chat to Sweet & Shabba even though I think I confused you a bit coz you don't know who the f*ck I am!!!!

Sorry about that buddy, promise i'll remember you next time. :thumbsup:

Eddy Osborne
18th May 2004, 10:00 PM
Also a tune played by Eddy which I've always loved but never found out what it's called (Noz is on the case so the mystery draws to an end..........).

Arite m8 how are u! :D Just give us a pm if u can remember what tune on was after or before etc and ill sort u out with it! :thumbsup:

Danny C
19th May 2004, 02:58 PM
Just Like to say a big thanks to everyone who came down on Saturday, apart from the dickheads who brought the night to a premature end. :starwars:
The majority who came through the door and paid their hard earned cash, were genuine people who had come for a good night out and did until 1.30.
Don't be discouraged by what was really a non incident, get yourselves down to John Da Silva In June and support Sully in his quest to capture the old vibes we all remember.
Shout to Jay for a quality set (even though you were spiked), Gary Hipnotic for the chat, Ben Fisher, Louise for the assistance with the uv pen and the man Fallon for running to the spar for the battery!!
Big Shout for Mr Sullivan for having the balls to put it on in the first place.

I can hear Ten City already. DC :afro:

Faz
20th May 2004, 02:40 PM
and the man Fallon for running to the spar for the battery!! :

lets not also forget my sublime skills with the digi camera. I captured some proper heads I'm tellin yer!! :crazy:

A really good night that was spoilt by the lack of backup SOFA gave Sully, luckily tho this will all change with the Jon Da Silva and with a bit more support the next night should take the roof off!! :thumbsup: SWEEET!

I reckon we hire one of these: :jet: - I SAID NO ROCKPORT!!!

easty
23rd May 2004, 04:42 PM
It doesn't really matter who it was or what it was about, it shouldn't have gotten so out of hand and should have been dealt with alot sooner than it did.

You might want to tell em that next time they've got issues to sort out, can they please do it where innocent bystanders who are just trying to have a good time aren't gonna get punched in the head. :thumbsup:

no one got punched in the head, i don't know where this has come from and as far as trouble in a night club goes, what went on was very minimal.

'Shabba'
23rd May 2004, 07:11 PM
no one got punched in the head, i don't know where this has come from and as far as trouble in a night club goes, what went on was very minimal.

You might want to ask Minxy about that, she had a huge lump on her forehead after she got caught up in it all. I know it was nothing intentional but it's still not right.

northern minx
24th May 2004, 11:38 AM
:wave:
i was going to do this via pm, but decided to reply publically so that it clears up any misunderstandings for everyone

i was dancing on the top bit by the dj box and two blokes started punching each other, it then turned into about 6 blokes all joining in with fists flying, i cudnt get out of the way coz they were all in front of me

then one of the blokes issued an almighty punch which connected with the left side of my head (which was meant for the guy behind me, i think) i fell backwards, seeing stars and was picked up by a bloke..
i was a dizzy as f*ck

i made my way back to the osa lot and sat down trying to sort meself out, i wasnt right for about an hour, head was banging sore, dizzy, and basically feeling very odd indeed, and anyone who knows me will no doubt back me up in saying i was not myself for quite some time afterwards.

i asked sully if they had been thrown out and told him wot happened to me, but he was occupied with trying to sort stuff out coz the bouncers were shit
then half hour later it all kicked off again and the club shut

it is totally uncalled for and unacceptable that people can behave in this way whilst innocent bystanders who are out for a good nite end up taking the brunt of the shit
so it was not minimal by any standards, it was actually bang out of order

and if they are true oldskool folk then fighting in a club wudnt even enter their head
coz the whole point and underpinning philosophy of oldskool is unity

anyhow hope this clears a few things up

sweet sensation
24th May 2004, 11:43 AM
I will back minxy up with this too, as when she came back over to sit by me, she was all shaken and very unsteady on her feet. I stayed with minxy for a while to make sure she was alright. It took her a long time to feel better, as she kept going all dizzy and losing her balance when she stood up.

I also saw the fighting as I was on my way to the dj box when it happened. And it was bad enough for me not to carry on toward the dj box.

easty
24th May 2004, 11:56 AM
:wave:
i was going to do this via pm, but decided to reply publically so that it clears up any misunderstandings for everyone

i was dancing on the top bit by the dj box and two blokes started punching each other, it then turned into about 6 blokes all joining in with fists flying, i cudnt get out of the way coz they were all in front of me

then one of the blokes issued an almighty punch which connected with the left side of my head (which was meant for the guy behind me, i think) i fell backwards, seeing stars and was picked up by a bloke..
i was a dizzy as f*ck

i made my way back to the osa lot and sat down trying to sort meself out, i wasnt right for about an hour, head was banging sore, dizzy, and basically feeling very odd indeed, and anyone who knows me will no doubt back me up in saying i was not myself for quite some time afterwards.

i asked sully if they had been thrown out and told him wot happened to me, but he was occupied with trying to sort stuff out coz the bouncers were shit
then half hour later it all kicked off again and the club shut

it is totally uncalled for and unacceptable that people can behave in this way whilst innocent bystanders who are out for a good nite end up taking the brunt of the shit
so it was not minimal by any standards, it was actually bang out of order

and if they are true oldskool folk then fighting in a club wudnt even enter their head
coz the whole point and underpinning philosophy of oldskool is unity

anyhow hope this clears a few things up

I know the lads that were fighting and i will be having a word, they did not tell me this

northern minx
24th May 2004, 12:02 PM
I know the lads that were fighting and i will be having a word, they did not tell me this
i take it u were not there to witness it then?

my account of wot happened is true, and these lads that u know, ought to stick to sharon and tracey clubs, where they can get pissed, fight, eat kebabs and get locked up
and stay the hell away from oldskool coz they behaved like morons.. :@ :(

Dj Ben Fisher
24th May 2004, 12:03 PM
i saw every thing as it happened just as i started as i started my set and was right in front of me . . :( there was onyl a few punches thrown but it was more scuffles and ppl throwin ppl about than owt else ). . it did stop but as minxy said it started again shortly after . . . which led to my set being cut 4 tunes in ( never had that happen to me b4 now ) . . :( but hey the night was still top up to then and proper rockin , just ended on a bad note due to a very small handfull of lads . . . dont think this will affect future nights at all as long as the sercurity is sorted and they bouncers that know how to do there job . . as its a top venue with a top atmoshpere when its full . . . :thumbsup:

Sully
24th May 2004, 12:07 PM
this looks like its all turnin a bit sour now - i didn't see a punch thrown, i just saw a scrum type grapple goin on with lots of grabbin and elbows. easty's view on this is from the two guys involved who know each other and while they didn't throw a punch maybe in the process of others tryin to split it up some arms did get thrown about.

all i can say is that the security at the event was shite - i've taken this up with them and as a result of their poor efforts to offer future enhanced security (together with a not to clever sound system), i have cancelled all future events at their venue, starting unfortunately with Jon Da Silva on June 5th. Jon will appear for us on this date at an alterantive venue or if we cannot find a suitable venue in time, he will appear at spectrum in the not to distant future.

i think its important that i do this to stop S-30 and 'Not Forgotten' being tagged with a 'troubled event' label by old skoolers and the police - but i will say once more that the problem was not the people inside the club (trouble does happen - its just down to the security to sort it before others see it) - the problem was with the security not having a presence.

apologies again to all who were caught up in this and i will hopefully see you at our new monthly events starting in ashton on july 3rd (PM me for VIP).

Sully.

S-30

easty
24th May 2004, 12:11 PM
i take it u were not there to witness it then?

my account of wot happened is true, and these lads that u know, ought to stick to sharon and tracey clubs, where they can get pissed, fight, eat kebabs and get locked up
and stay the hell away from oldskool coz they behaved like morons.. :@ :(

Minxy, i am very sorry that you were involved in this, it had nothing to do with you so you have every reason to feel agrieved. But from what i have been told, it seems that this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. What happened was WRONG but the only person who seems to have really suffered because of this is sully and thats not on

'Shabba'
24th May 2004, 12:20 PM
What happened was WRONG but the only person who seems to have really suffered because of this is sully and thats not on

At least he knows we'll still be there for him, we won't be put off by what happened, i've got every faith that Sully will get everything sorted in he end. :thumbsup:

northern minx
24th May 2004, 12:22 PM
agreed.. sully put on a good nite and up until the point i got punched i was having a blinder of a nite dancing away as usual :)

gettin punched in the head tho didnt make me a happy bunny so tainted the nite for me personally.. tho i realise i did get caught in a crossfire
and i take on board all the comments about security etc

im sure that once security is sorted sully and co will have a right good oldskool nite and i wud happily attend again:thumbsup:

i am only stating wot happened to me coz i dont think it is acceptable and its certainly not expected wen i go to an oldskool nite

anyhow im gonna shut up now coz im sounding like a moaning cow! i did hav a good nite apart from that

sweet sensation
24th May 2004, 12:36 PM
I agree, I thought the night was good as a whole. It was just a shame what happened.

Im certainly not put off and I will go again, cos it wasnt sullys fault. It was the securitys (or lack of).

Sully
24th May 2004, 12:37 PM
i have had alot of good reviews from people so the night was a success in my view - i've not cancelled the other nights because of the trouble, its because the venue isn't up to our expectations in relation to security and sound systems.

anyway if you enjoyed the last one just wait to we get into spectrum.... ;)

see you there folks.....