PDA

View Full Version : Timeless@ Music Box, Manchester 8th August 03

marc@risky
9th August 2003, 03:53 PM
Well its Saturday, the Sun is beaming down,and what a top night i had last night.
Yes youv'e guessed it Timeless@ the music box...... :phones:
This has got to be the best oldskool night i ave been to in a long, long time!!!!;)
This being my 1st event, was pleasently surprised when i 1st walked in to the venue, a small club underground with an atmosphere that almost lifted the roof! everybody was up for it, jumpin about and gettin into the music.
When i got there i think Recca was on the decks, what a set that was, some very fine tunes there indeed fella. By the way good to meet ya matey, you looked like you where avin it large fella lol!!!!
After a while Stu Allan appeard to an amazin roar of approval, starting his set of with Dream Frequency, & everyone in the place singin "only your loving takes me up to the top". It was mad just standing there liistening to everyone singin all at once lol, top vibes at this point in the night.
Daz Willot was up next playing all his usual tunes and chucking in some scratchin for good measure. I watched this guy for a while behind the decks, let me tell you the top was off and he was goin for it......
:crazy:

Last but not least was me!, and can i just say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome (and fek was it warm):cool:
Both fans where on behind those decks and i was sweatin me tits off lol...
no seriously tho! evryone was great, they where all up for it and going mad! lol
Cant wait to play there again, a top night was had by all i think????
A big thanks to quey(nice to meet ya mate)
Another big thanks to Butty(hope to see ya again soon fella)
A big hello to Recca, cos he was just goin for it in the dj booth! lol

And a big thanks to Dannie for the general base tune which i bought on ebay(he met me at timeless & droped it off) cheers fella, top tune by the way!!!

Thanks again fella's can anyone fill in the missing gaps, cos i probably missed loads out lol

Laterz Peeps

Marc Mackender

p.s anyone who aint been to timeless yet, i seriously sugest you get down there, top atmosphere, top tunes, really friendly peeps..

Miss Cola
9th August 2003, 07:28 PM
Ive got to agree with you there m8 timeless @ music box is a top place and a top top night :thumbsup: even though i never attended this one the last one i went to i had n absolutely GREAT night, love the whole atmosphere of the place id say the darker the better!! :D :fekked: :drum:

marc@risky
10th August 2003, 08:30 AM
Tell ya what like i said i aint been to the other events, but you missed a cracker!!!!
Still buzzin about it now lol....:D

woody
10th August 2003, 01:53 PM
well :$ i cant remember hardly anything as per usual apart from it was the best nite yet !!! all i can vaguely recollect was dancing like a mad un in front of butty and TP that was before it all got messy!:confused: :fekked: :fekked:
i dont even remember sayin bye to blondie and the rochdale massif actually all i can remeber was grabbin the mike while butty was on and goin "dj butty!!!" and about 5 of me mates who were on the stage all turned round and went u can hear that thru the speakers!! :cops: :cops mc woody lolololol
top tunes again as per, only know coz i remember dancin loads n loads

anyway i'll be there again next month, wild horses couldnt keep me away!!!

ps easty what happened to u fella :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: lol

Recca
10th August 2003, 04:03 PM
Top Top night once again!!

Got down to the Paramount around 915 with Quey, met up with Woody, bigtruck, jennyfromthebloc, Retro Andy nice to meet ya fella:D a couple of others i think but cant remember:axe:

Butty was on first..... after arriving fashionably late, well who can blame him he was in a place where dreams are made and hearts are broken!! his pit lol.... he started the ball rolling nicely, not a set weve come acustomed to from Butty, being a bit slower than he would normally play but he keeps the same high standards of mixing and tuneage we all know about! Class

eve and puddleducks, nice to meet u gals, cin yas on the little stage all night, think well have to put a reserve sticker on it for yas!!

Tall Paul was next up and well.... im speachless, top top guy and a top top DJ, an excellent set fella, plays the tunes u wanna hear and the ones uve forgotten about!! enjoyed the natter and the boogie mukka:D and we did boogie!

mc domino burst on the scene, nice to finally meet ya m8, that red bull did give u wings, not sure if jimmy got a look in! lol

My turn next, think i did ok on my set but u can judge for yourselves www.timelessoldskool.com big big respect to easty who got me a drink at the start, nice one mukka, gonna make it to your night fella, glad its goin well!

Stu Allen got the usual roar of aproval from the crowd, playin his well known bouncy beats weve come to expect from him, another excellent set!

missed most of Daz Willots set...had to go to bank :@ but from what i did hear he was good!! I can only remember 1 tune from dazs set now, prodigy - everybody in the place, its been goin round in my head since friday!!

Last but by no means least was Marc Mackender, nice to finally meet ya bud, not heard ya for a while and u certainly know how to get the crowd goin, y else dya think i was havin it large!! with a bit a scratchin thrown in and tunes galore all the way...quality!!

To those who i aint mentioned really sorry but my putty head cant remember:axe: was v drunk near the end, but nice one neway!:D :D

The night is goin from strength to strength and without u guys it wouldnt b possible big big big respect goin out to the osa posse, u guys make it even more spiecial!

Roll on the 19th September, for all u peeps who aint bin yet......what u waitin 4, its worth the wait though!!

Recca

Nuff respect to Quey and friends who make this possible every month :D im alive again;) lol

MC MADDOX
10th August 2003, 05:21 PM
Ive only heard good things about timeless whens the next 1?? im defo gunna get me self there:D

mcdomino
10th August 2003, 06:05 PM
:spin: yep top night was had by all by the look on peps faces recca got my socks tingerling(what was in the red bull gave me 747 never mind wings) an that was it i was off backed up buy butty nice one gezza havent slept since need to get my head round the bouncer with the face covered in tats i know him ubut cannot think where top night queay once again mate will be there next time

bag shout to balled-rick aka rj av it

eve
11th August 2003, 12:05 AM
:D :D :D hello there everyone, back in the land of the livin at last... wot an absolutely top top nite. nice one to the lads for makin us feel so special with our reservation!!! big big thanks to butty quey and recca nice to meet ya fella's as u noticed we were rockin all nite, cant wait to see the fotos or not as i remember us lookin a bit hot n sweaty... just cant wait to do it again. well be there ususal place usual time.. see ya then byeeeeeeeee:thumbsup:

ClaireW
11th August 2003, 08:44 AM
FANTASTIC NIGHT!

RetroAndy
11th August 2003, 09:16 AM
Well finally managed to get to a timeless at last and i wat a night. The place seemed very busy and after about twelve o clock was really lively. Managed to get the in and caught half of butty's set which was a bit different to what i have heard before.

Then Tall pauls set which was unbelievable. I saw him at gt's and this even bettered that imo. I aren't to good with remembering tunes names but he played some corkers. Recca nice to meet you mate and i met your brother when woody got confused and thought it was you:p Top set to mate. I really cant remember much about the last couple of dj's as i spannered but the quality of the tuneage all night was fantastic.

Hi to any of you peeps of here that managed to get out. Scaz and Gfriend (sorry cant remember your name) And a big hi to Quey (your on to a winner with that place mate) Recca and bro. Woody for the directions and Butty for your assistance :p ;)

And hi to jen who didnt stop bouncing round the place ya nutter.

Oh and nearly forgot Hi to easty, tall paul and friend and anyone else i have forgotten.

Roll on the next one :p

And how could i forget the over the hills posse i came with. Danny, Biggie (nob), Italian style and not forgetting vicky(how was work on sat):p

And again i forgot Big truck nice to meet ya fella.

kickster 72
11th August 2003, 09:22 AM
;) wot can i say.....top nite had by all...special thanks 2 butty & the rest of the crew.....top tunage top nite......deffo b back 4 more..... :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

eve
11th August 2003, 11:09 AM
:fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: couldnt have said it better myself:fekked:

Quey
11th August 2003, 11:12 AM
What a mint night!! :D :D :D :D

Had a great time, dont remember a lot towards the end of the night cos I was mashed :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Nice to meet loads of ya, too many to mention ;)

These night seem to be getting better, and its thanks to you lot!! Great atmosphere and cant wait to see some of the piccies. Bet you've got a few good ones Danny!

The mixes should be online v.soon. Cant wait for the next one! :mad:

RetroAndy
11th August 2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Quey
What a mint night!! :D :D :D :D

Had a great time, dont remember a lot towards the end of the night cos I was mashed :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Nice to meet loads of ya, too many to mention ;)

These night seem to be getting better, and its thanks to you lot!! Great atmosphere and cant wait to see some of the piccies. Bet you've got a few good ones Danny!

The mixes should be online v.soon. Cant wait for the next one! :mad:

A few LOL i bet he has loads the way he was going on Friday:p ;)

Andy

Vicki!
11th August 2003, 12:21 PM
i had an absolutely wicked night, cant wait 4 nxt time. the atmosphere was great n i met loads of new folks!!

saw danny's photo's yesterday n they're not pretty :crazy: !!

vic xx

eve
11th August 2003, 12:26 PM
:S our foto's ready 2moz, expect em 2 be shockin :S

Danny
11th August 2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by retroandy
We could always bribe danny into not sending the not so pretty ones:$

dont worry andy i cant recall takin any pictures of you!:o ;)

scaz
11th August 2003, 01:48 PM
it was one of the best nights ive had for a long time.nice to meet everyone.

all the sets i heard butty tall pall,and espicially reccas where spot on.
heard about half of stu allans then missed have gone to sleep in the backroom.missed all of daz willot set.woke up for the last hour for marks set which was good with plenty of scratching and good selection of tunes to finish the night.

will deffinately be going in the future,well in quey.

Biggie
11th August 2003, 06:06 PM
top night once again was completeiy mashed can't remember meeting any one new off the board:crazy: :crazy: sorry every1

Butty m8 funny how it was after 2 oclock when you offerd to get me the elusive beer j/j

originally posted by retroandy
And how could i forget the over the hills posse i came with. Danny, Biggie (nob), Italian style and not forgetting vicky(how was work on sat)

know I was twisted but quite sure I came to the club with some one else:fekked: :fekked: :crazy: :fekked: :fekked:j/j

RetroAndy
11th August 2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Biggie
top night once again was completeiy mashed can't remember meeting any one new off the board:crazy: :crazy: sorry every1

Butty m8 funny how it was after 2 oclock when you offerd to get me the elusive beer j/j

know I was twisted but quite sure I came to the club with some one else:fekked: :fekked: :crazy: :fekked: :fekked:j/j

Sorry mate let me explain. The biggie i was on about is Danny's friend from over here in wakey mate. I put nob next to his name so you wouldnt get confused but to be honest mate i didnt know you were there either so sorry about the confusion.

Andy

zara
11th August 2003, 08:00 PM
had a top night,top tunes all night.

keep up the good work quey.
:D :D :D :D :drum: :drum: :drum:

Biggie
11th August 2003, 10:54 PM
Sorry mate let me explain. The biggie i was on about is Danny's friend from over here in wakey mate. I put nob next to his name so you wouldnt get confused but to be honest mate i didnt know you were there either so sorry about the confusion.

Andy

don't worry about it m8 I'm easily confused at the best of times
:confused: :crazy: :confused:

easty
12th August 2003, 02:33 AM
I'm still speechless, what a night. Woody mate you lost the plot big time and I got lost in eccles. if you can't find your house woody mate how the hell am I? Why did I leave though to go to the phone?

easty
12th August 2003, 04:30 AM
Big shout out all all the peeps I met - Retroandy, danny , Italian style, Tall Paul . Massive respect to the timeless cru, Woody, Quey, butty, Recca and even Recca's brother. What a night

easty
12th August 2003, 04:32 AM
And an even bigger shout to all my cru, the Newton Heath cru took it over, shame about the shorts they all had on though

tall paul
12th August 2003, 11:31 AM
Superb night!! :D

Got there about 10.30 with Butty on the wheels of steel & building up nicely! Was suprised how few peeps were in there 'cos last time I had got there about 11.45 and it was rammed.
Bumped straight into Danny, Biggie (Danny's m8), Italian Style & Vicki, Retro Andy - Always good to see you peeps! Woody & Jenny from the block were already having a good stomp round.

Then bumped into Recca. Then bumped into Recca again wearing a different T-shirt. Then bumped into Recca again wearing the original T-shirt. :S Finally bumped into Recca and his twin (which I never knew he had) at the same time and realised I wasn't going mad after all. :axe:
By now there was a steady stream of people filling the place up.

I was up next and thoroughly enjoyed it - found it a lot easier than last time 'cos I borrowed Butty headphones this time & could actually hear what I was doing! By the time 12.00 came (very quickly) the place was nicely full.

Next up was Recca - top set as always, and just completely buzzin off this fella, he's always going for it with a big grin on his face - even when the other peeps were on he was manning the smoke machine and rockin away :thumbsup: Good to see your bro adopting a similar style too.

Missed Stu's set 'cos was coming up like a rocket & sat waffling nonsense in the back room, finally staggered back through during Daz Willot's, this fella was seriously going for it, and from that point on was firmly rooted to my usual position on the dancefloor sporting a large daft grin.

Last up was Mark, playing all the classics - keeping peeps in there 'till the end.

Nice to meet a few new faces from the board - got introduced to Easty & Scaz I think - but still not sure whether or not I did meet ClaireB, Eve, Kicster, Biggie & Zara. :confused:

Nice one, Quey, for having us back :thumbsup:

See ya all at the next one :D

P.S. Get the photo's upped peeps.

Danny
12th August 2003, 01:11 PM
Another top nite in the space of a week for me:D

after a mad drive over the hills to manny, and then gettin lost on numerous occasions in the city centres one-way system we eventually arrived at our hotel............only to be locked out of the room by one of our mates (biggy - a total N.O.B;) ) which led to yet more stress between the party.........

anyways when we eventually got to the venue.......it was a nice dark and underground club, which suited us down to the ground.

butty was on when we arrived playin a nice selection of old tunes with a dirty mix of 'kathy brown' standin out (is this on the 'techno' flying original release? - i'll take a look...)

after a bit of a boogie to recca's set coupled with a hefty consumption of red stripe.....came tall paul.......full of smiles as always ("give a big tall paul grin to everyone at the hotel" - made me chuckle fella!:D ;) hehe) an array of classic toons were in his set.......excellent mate. seem to remember 'get dynamite' going superbly with 'move your feet' acca over it........nice one:)

then got on with meetin all the peeps who attended, and engaging in some seriously shite waffling......no offence hehe. took loads of mad piccys i recall.......once i started with that bludy camera i coudnt stop:crazy: these things happen i suppose:)

nice to meet you marc (mackender).......glad to hear the tune was ok. good to meet scaz and the mrs - glad you had a good time...........i'm still hittin myself for thinkin wigan was next to blackpool on the coast:axe: mind you it was near on 6 in the morning:crazy:

quey - top lad.....got a top nite there mate, oh, and those fans were mint......well enjoyed chillin next to them. good to meet yer easty mate, dont know what i was sayin to yer.......until next time.

butty - as you said, 'twice in a week' tell me about it...bluddy hell. see yer again soon bud. nice to see jennyfromthebloc again aswell.......hope u both recovered for saturday.

top nite and session....well worth the trip to the 'scum' city. c yer again soon:)

scaz
12th August 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by tall paul

Nice to meet a few new faces from the board - got introduced to Easty & Scaz I think - but still not sure whether or not I did meet ClaireB, Eve, Kicster, Biggie & Zara. :confused:

Nice one, Quey, for having us back :thumbsup:

See ya all at the next one :D

P.S. Get the photo's upped peeps.

you did meet zara bud,she was the girl with the blonde hair who kept hugging and dancing with you and your mate at the end.

tall paul
12th August 2003, 05:37 PM
Aaaahh - yep, gotcha! Nice to put a hug to a name!

eve
13th August 2003, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE][i]

:D :D :D hi dont think we did meet , too wasted to venture off the stage all nite... meet ya at the next one hopefully :p

RetroAndy
13th August 2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by eve
[QUOTE][i]

:D :D :D hi dont think we did meet , too wasted to venture off the stage all nite... meet ya at the next one hopefully :p

Were you on that little stage in the corner on the right of the dj booth.

I could see a few of ya's dancing all night there and i think i remember quey bringing you a drink if it was you.

eve
13th August 2003, 05:47 PM
:D hiya yep that woz us on the little reserved stage bouncin all nite.... will be there next time same place come over say hi pls... just cant believe got to wait another month:'( :'( :'(

RetroAndy
13th August 2003, 07:02 PM
Will do eve. Its amazing how many osa peeps were there and no one knew. And after every event their seems even more people sign up who have been there the night before.

Soon the whole club will be just full of us :p ;)

Andy

Quey
17th August 2003, 08:04 AM
Will do eve. Its amazing how many osa peeps were there and no one knew. And after every event their seems even more people sign up who have been there the night before.

Soon the whole club will be just full of us :p ;)

Andy

Lets hope so!! ;)

eve
17th August 2003, 10:16 AM
a club full of nice happy shiny party peeps that would do me just fine....:D :D

Quey
26th August 2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by eve
a club full of nice happy shiny party peeps that would do me just fine....:D :D

And you know that is all you see at timeless! :D :D

eve
26th August 2003, 11:30 AM
:fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

come on quey u no as well as i do i dont see a lot with eyes like these.... :p but i'll be there at the next one large as life ready to rock:p

Quey
1st September 2003, 08:30 AM
You better had be cos that stage is a tw@t to build lol :p

eve
1st September 2003, 09:35 AM
;) u know we will be there:fekked: no way are we missin out on the best event manchester has got to offer.... :D seems ages ago since we woz last there on OUR STAGE our hand built stage should i say:p bob the builder eat ya heart out hahaha.........

:mad:

chrissie
20th April 2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I Was At That Night, I Was Only 16, Right Little Teeny !!
But From What I Remember It Was The Best Timeless I Have Ever Been To Ever

Timeless @ Music Box Were Defo The Best Days I Reckon